Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.07.04 Mad Not Mad Pres. Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

2012.07.04 Mad Not Mad Pres. Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise

Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise - July 4th 2012

The Sasha "Never Say Never" Sunset Cruise was hailed as the party of 2011, although many of those who attended believe it deserves even higher praise.

Everything from the glorious food served, the premium bar, the amazing music, the best views of July 4th fireworks and the fantastic after party make for an incredible experience. Watching fireworks explode overhead as Sasha, James Zabiela and Three closed out going toe to toe was something few of us will ever forget. (Eating dinner with James Zabiela spinning in the background was also rather trippy)

However, what really makes this party unique is the people. Mad Not Mad uses social media tools (mainly Facebook and a few other bits and pieces) to painstakingly evaluate every application. We don't care what you look like, we donít care how much money you earn (we aren't selling bottles) and we don't care if you want to give up your first born for a ticket (I've never really wanted kids) Instead we have certain criteria (that will remain secret) that we look for in each person we invite.

This is a party for fans of Sasha and for people who are truly passionate about electronic music. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to do things this way but we have a knack of sniffing out the right people to be there as those who attended last year will attest.

At a time when electronic music is becoming increasingly commercial, many people don't realize that this event is "100% not for profit" and that every dime raised through ticket sales or sponsorship goes towards production. Sasha and Mad Not Mad contribute their time and resources for free to make this event happen at the lowest cost to you possible. Capacity on the boat has been reduced by 68 people this year which means the ticket price will be a little higher this time around. We thought about cutting costs, offering canapes instead of dinner, reducing the premium bar to "standard' and not having an after party. But that's not how we roll and from what we saw last year, neither do you. Instead, we are working on ways to make this yearís event bigger, badder and better than last year.

Tips for getting an invite

1) When you register Use the email address you use for Facebook. If we cannot check you out then you won't stand a chance of being invited.
2) Have a passion for Electronic Music - "Bat Shit Crazy" is the minimum requirement.
3) Be good people. Help old ladies, use less water, adopt a Panda.
4) If you get an invite jump on it. An invite is just an invite - if you do not purchase when you receive an invite you will probably lose it to someone less tardy.
5) Play nice and don't lie about your gender. We work tirelessly to ensure the Sunset cruise is 50/50 boys and girls. It makes for a better, more balanced party.
6) Name every person you buy a ticket for. Tickets are nontransferable. If the ID of the person does not match the ticket entry will refused with no exceptions.

If you would like to register to purchase tickets then go to our Facebook page and click on the "SASHA" Icon at the top to sign up. The sooner you sign up the better your chance of getting a ticket and becoming more attractive to the opposite sex. Fact.

Invites will begin to go out in a few weeks so please be patient. All good things take time but great things take even longer.

That's it from me for now. Good luck with your application and we look forward to seeing you on July 4th.

Yours nautically,
Paul

Old Post Apr-02-2012 17:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

Hmmmmm I tried registering for this a few weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from madnotmad. Has anyone gotten an invite for this yet? Also how much should I expect to pay for this if the price has gone up this year?

Old Post Apr-02-2012 23:34  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
Hmmmmm I tried registering for this a few weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from madnotmad. Has anyone gotten an invite for this yet? Also how much should I expect to pay for this if the price has gone up this year?

invites start in a couple of weeks I think. Price was either 55 or 75 last year, I can't remember. It was worth it either way, open bar and catered food were top notch. Three, Zabiela and Sasha all played great sets, then played b2b at the end when the fireworks were going off. Really intimate show, Zabs and Sasha were walking around chatting with people before and after. Mad Not Mad organized it really well, I was impressed.

Old Post Apr-03-2012 20:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LOSO x HOV

just a heads up, normally for the 4th im out in fire island but this year the 4th lands on a Wednesday so I don't anticipate a long weekend which makes this ever so more appealing.

Old Post Apr-03-2012 20:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click Here to Email EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sedna
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
invites start in a couple of weeks I think. Price was either 55 or 75 last year, I can't remember. It was worth it either way, open bar and catered food were top notch. Three, Zabiela and Sasha all played great sets, then played b2b at the end when the fireworks were going off. Really intimate show, Zabs and Sasha were walking around chatting with people before and after. Mad Not Mad organized it really well, I was impressed.

I thought it was like 150?

http://www.soundcloud.com/danielnusdeo

Old Post Apr-03-2012 20:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sedna Click here to Send Sedna a Private Message Visit Sedna's homepage! Add Sedna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sedna
I thought it was like 150?

whoops yeah I totally confused the price with something else. Too many parties Sorry for the misinformation, my bf confirmed it was somewhere between 120-150.

Old Post Apr-03-2012 21:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

last year it was 150 per person. not sure where you heard 55 or 75.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 05:26  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
pass.....

really john?

Old Post Apr-05-2012 05:28  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

where's. my. invite!

Last edited by edubbz on Apr-05-2012 at 20:40

Old Post Apr-05-2012 20:23  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by trunks1022
last year it was 150 per person. not sure where you heard 55 or 75.

my b, i didn't hear anything. I went, I just forgot how much my credit card was charged for.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 20:30  United States
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
my b, i didn't hear anything. I went, I just forgot how much my credit card was charged for.

prob confusing it with the party at that pool hall spot, forgot the name. that event was like 55, i believe.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 20:42  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jar-Z
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
prob confusing it with the party at that pool hall spot, forgot the name. that event was like 55, i believe.

slate, for thanksgiving.

Old Post Apr-21-2012 09:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jar-Z Click here to Send Jar-Z a Private Message Add Jar-Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.07.04 Mad Not Mad Pres. Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread