TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Friday+1 193 First of 2019

Posted by Trance-M on Jan-05-2019 14:30:

Friday+1 193 First of 2019

Aren't we gonna continue this in 2019?

Well, I was out dining with colleagues yesterday and ended up in one of the pubs in Heerlen.
Never knew one can have height anxiety at the fifth floor while sitting nowhere near windows, but only the look of building lights outside far away was enough trigger it. Luckily I could offer a seat switch as from my point of view I only could see the outside roof terrace lights.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-05-2019 15:39:

My weekend to work, not a lot going on here.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-05-2019 17:14:

last weekend of winter break...

Didn't have too many highlights but-

#1 friend lending me nintendo switch for a week

#2 Dj Bone @ warehouse - bone party coulda been higher on this exclusive list but one of the two openers (asian guy with fanny pack) was playing some lame ass techno. could only describe it as aqua barbie girl with heavy kick drums. little did he know we came to hear some detroit not some bull crap. first opener was A++ though. Bone himself was really good but wouldn't say face melting or true madness. Venue was only 7$ uber from my house, smaller than i thought, more people showed up than i would have expected. i could only last until 4ish, was still packed when i left, bone still going strong.

coming to realization that i am really out of touch with my friends, they seem to be dumb whites or trying to recapture youth somehow. maybe my girlfriend is just turning me into an old bald fag

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-05-2019 18:01:

Lol! That's why you gotta have diff crews of friends!

I'm usually down to go out, I'll hit you up next jam I plan go attend that I think you might be into.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-05-2019 20:26:

Was the last time I saw you at the haunted maze aka the glory holes ?

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-05-2019 20:36:

Lmao! Nope it was that place on Geary, the Lobster Theremin party. Lol glory holes. Good one.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jan-05-2019 22:01:

Went for a couple of glasses of wine last night, nothing else planned for the weekend. January is such a bollocks month. It's the calendar equivalent of having to queue outside in the cold to be let in to 2019.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-05-2019 22:46:

I would love it if this town had a good cocktail or wine bar. There was a whiskey bar that opened here, but it was while I was pregnant and it has already closed.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jan-05-2019 23:18:

We've got cocktail bars and speakeasy places to burn. There are loads of good bars in Leeds where you have to go through a door at the back of a barber shop or up an unmarked flight of stairs from the street and you end up in some bare brick backroom with a glittering cocktail bar and a jobbing jazz band in the corner of the room.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-05-2019 23:28:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lmao! Nope it was that place on Geary, the Lobster Theremin party. Lol glory holes. Good one.

Lol they refused to let my girlfriend in that Ďmazeí that day. Also I thought that party came after lobster night.

Iím a step away from sommelier which Iíll never pursue so I donít hit up wine bars

Posted by Mebot on Jan-05-2019 23:34:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
We've got cocktail bars and speakeasy places to burn. There are loads of good bars in Leeds where you have to go through a door at the back of a barber shop or up an unmarked flight of stairs from the street and you end up in some bare brick backroom with a glittering cocktail bar and a jobbing jazz band in the corner of the room.

That's pretty cool. We have a few speakeasy's here in Seattle, WA. One in particular is in a deli store front. There's what appears to be a large freezer door to the side, but it's a fake door that leads to the back room with a full bar, DJ set up and tables.

Pretty neat

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-06-2019 00:26:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Ah man, that's what I'm talking about! I do know a bar owner who tried to get a speakeasy happening, alas, small city folks just want to get sloshed at a pub. :/

Posted by chris1011 on Jan-06-2019 02:34:

quote:
Ah man, that's what I'm talking about! I do know a bar owner who tried to get a speakeasy happening, alas, small city folks just want to get sloshed at a pub. :/

Surprisingly we got one here that opened not too long ago. It's an awesome place. The theme is Prohibition Era and all the bartenders are dressed to the nine in bowties with a new band playing each Friday/Saturday night (usually jazz). They also make a legit cocktail.

I say surprising because in a blue collar city you rarely see things like that. But it's changing. We have more and more of these places opening up - our version of Louis Cifer just opened up (I use that place as a comparison because I love it) and I've been meaning to check it out.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-06-2019 02:45:

Yep yep, exactly what this short lived place was. Le sigh.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-06-2019 16:20:

is flying monkeys near your area? been meaning to go there but haven't had time. did find my way to collective arts yesterday though

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-06-2019 21:10:

It is. If you're planning to head this way, hit me up.

Posted by DJ RANN on Jan-06-2019 21:14:

The speakeasy thing is basically dead here now; it got so overplayed that any new bar opening up had no discernible entrance, raw brick interior, a reclaimed vintage bar and a menu full of faux absynthe cocktails. I fucking hate most jazz too so I'm glad for it.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-07-2019 04:55:

quote:
It is. If you're planning to head this way, hit me up.

have you been? thats the last 'popular' brewery thats on my list, the rest is just whats in the area of where I am. I'm at almost 40 visited now, but i've only gone west and in Toronto

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-09-2019 22:43:

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
have you been? thats the last 'popular' brewery thats on my list, the rest is just whats in the area of where I am. I'm at almost 40 visited now, but i've only gone west and in Toronto

I haven't been, no. But FUCK dude, Hood at 500 Keele on March 1. I'm working ffs. :@

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-09-2019 23:38:

I've seen that event when i went to get my dj bone tickets... that opener liu chang is the one i didn't find good. i can now make amends for missing hood last go around