TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- I suck at my job
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »

Posted by _Ocean_Drive_ on Jun-14-2012 20:18:

I suck at my job

I fucking hate my job. I constantly make so many mistakes. Fucking hate it. Really not designed to be sat behind a desk. URGH. I'm gonna quit before I'm sacked. Really wanna be working abroad again.

Anyone else hate their job?

Posted by OrangestO on Jun-14-2012 20:23:

At least you have a job.

Posted by Lira on Jun-14-2012 20:24:

That's all right in the first weeks/months until you get used to it.

What is it that you do? Besides, you're in I-bloody-wate

Posted by Intellekshual on Jun-14-2012 20:37:

Did you just start this job? I remember having quite a bit of difficulty at first with the systems we used (so many numbers, yuck), but once I got the hang of it, it was.. tolerable. Though the perpetually hungover, pre-menopausal bitches of coworkers made it a horrible, negative place to work.

But generally, I don't mind going to work, it's that 8 hour wait to go home that is utter bullshit.

Posted by Vector A on Jun-14-2012 20:48:

Yes, I hate my job with a passion. Have for the two years I've been at it. Mostly I'm just too lazy to find a new one.

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-14-2012 20:55:

i love my job, but i rape kids.

Posted by Chris Crossland on Jun-14-2012 20:59:

I love my job.

Posted by Meat187 on Jun-14-2012 21:05:

Nope, like it very much actually. The amount of responsibility and freedom you have in academia is great. Probably I won't stay there after my PhD, though.

Posted by _Ocean_Drive_ on Jun-14-2012 21:06:

No, I'm not in Iwate Haven't been since Aug 2010. Had this job since Sept 2010.

I work in London in the city for a tour operator, arranging holidays to Japan and Asia. It's the maths, and I'm so fucking careless. Lost lots of money. I am not cut out for being sat behind a desk all day, I am more of a people person.

Really want to move back to Jap-land or somewhere else like Vanocuver / Aus / NZ.

Point being, I don't think I have long, so I'd rather jump before I'm pushed.

EDIT: Failed a phone interview for recruitment consultant in Tokyo - that's how desperate I am.

Posted by Lira on Jun-14-2012 21:19:

quote:
Originally posted by _Ocean_Drive_
No, I'm not in Iwate

Oh
quote:
I work in London in the city for a tour operator, arranging holidays to Japan and Asia. It's the maths, and I'm so fucking careless. Lost lots of money. I am not cut out for being sat behind a desk all day, I am more of a people person.

I know what you mean, so am I... I'd probably have jumped out the window by now
quote:
Point being, I don't think I have long

Why!?
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
Nope, like it very much actually. The amount of responsibility and freedom you have in academia is great.

+1.

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-14-2012 21:23:

Come be my Chinese cleaning lady.

Posted by Acton on Jun-14-2012 21:28:

I get to travel a LOT with my current job, so (I'm sorry to say that) my job is rather enjoyable. I guess I'm on of the fortunate few.

In all honesty, though, if you don't like your job, you need to formulate an exit plan. ASAP. There's nothing worse than spending 1/3 of your life in a role that you're not happy with.

Posted by Vector A on Jun-14-2012 21:30:

Well, the question is "exit to what?"

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-14-2012 21:35:

Well you have to find what it is that you love to do in life first, Brian. I mean it's so easy. why can't you just find what you love to do all day that doesn't feel like work at all and fulfills every fibre of your being with the knowledge you have decided something irrevocably conclusive to settle on that does not seem like a 'job' when you wake up each morning. Why can't you just do that, huh? Why can't you realize that no matter what you do in life you will always be somebody's joke and somebody's monkey so you might as well just suck it up and SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN YOUR DREAMS AND EXACTLY WHAT MAKES YOU SO FUCKING HAPPY BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL WHEN YOU PUT ENOUGH WORK INTO IT NEVER GIVE UP SOMETHING SOMETHING BUMPER STICKER.

Posted by Vector A on Jun-14-2012 21:36:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Well you have to find what it is that you love to do in life first, Brian. I mean it's so easy. why can't you just find what you love to do all day that doesn't feel like work at all and fulfills every fibre of your being with the knowledge you have decided something irrevocably conclusive to settle on that does not seem like a 'job' when you wake up each morning. Why can't you just do that, huh? Why can't you realize that no matter what you do in life you will always be somebody's joke and somebody's monkey so you might as well just suck it up and SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN YOUR DREAMS AND EXACTLY WHAT MAKES YOU SO FUCKING HAPPY BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL WHEN YOU PUT ENOUGH WORK INTO IT NEVER GIVE UP SOMETHING SOMETHING BUMPER STICKER.

lol

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-14-2012 21:36:

if you truly stock shelves the answer is anything and everything. Don't tell me you couldn't score an entry position somewhere and give it a go to see if you can turn it into something more. When you aren't being an emo cunt, you have a brain.

Posted by Acton on Jun-14-2012 21:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Well, the question is "exit to what?"

Yes! It is indeed the question. It's purely subjective and I can't really comment or advise without knowing the individual circumstances

Sorry

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-14-2012 21:41:

quote:
Originally posted by Acton
circums....

be careful megan is lurking.

Posted by Acton on Jun-14-2012 21:49:

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
be careful megan is lurking.

Posted by _Ocean_Drive_ on Jun-14-2012 22:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Oh

Why!?

'cos I feel like I'm gonna the sack anytime soon. Thing is, I could get a teaching job back in Japan no problem. I'm earning 50% now of what I was earning in Japan, which sucks. But equally I wouldn't be 'progressing' in that role.

The job I have at the moment I would've thought was an ideal job for me - combining my love of travel and Japan, but it absolutely sucks ass.

I honestly don't think there's such a a thing as a career anymore. I really believe that you just gotta get money from wherever you can get it, and if that means, doing an ultimately unfulfilling job but earning quite good money, then that's the way it's probbaly gotta be.

Posted by Mr. Pink on Jun-14-2012 23:11:

Rasta

Pfffffftttttttttt.....

Don't complain!

at least you're not pulling 65-70 hours of work a week!!! Grant it, I usually work around 55, but still!

Posted by Sphere City on Jun-15-2012 00:51:

come to brisbane australia and give me a call

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jun-15-2012 00:53:

I'm awesome at my job. The one thing that's sorta ghey is that we all get paid the same (union workers), because I would surely get a raise at any other job based on my performance. Although I don't think I could work at a job where I was chasing money like that...but still.

Posted by OrangestO on Jun-15-2012 01:08:

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
I'm awesome at my job. The one thing that's sorta ghey is that we all get paid the same (union workers), because I would surely get a raise at any other job based on my performance. Although I don't think I could work at a job where I was chasing money like that...but still.

Chase the $ in the USA!

Posted by TheTrinity on Jun-15-2012 03:19:

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
I'm awesome at my job.

another conformist. im assuming 'awesome at my job'= following orders like a drone not thinking critically.

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »