TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Best Cupcake Shop in GTA?

Posted by Cro_Addict on Jun-03-2012 17:28:

Best Cupcake Shop in GTA?

I am looking for a place that is really good with custom decorations.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Posted by LightsOut on Jun-03-2012 17:59:

Not a shop, but this girl does awesome custom sweets. They sell her stuff at McEwans and Pusateris, so you know its top notch. Had her make up a cupcake tree for a work function a few years ago and everyone was blown away.

HERE

Posted by Stilez on Jun-03-2012 18:03:

There's one just north of Yonge & Eglinton right beside Alley Katz bar/club. The name escapes me, but their cupcakes are ridiculously amazing!!

Posted by Cro_Addict on Jun-03-2012 18:07:

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
There's one just north of Yonge & Eglinton right beside Alley Katz bar/club. The name escapes me, but their cupcakes are ridiculously amazing!!

Thats the cupcake shoppe. They are ok, but wasn't a huge fan of their icing.

Posted by Cro_Addict on Jun-03-2012 18:08:

I have heard good things about "For the Love of Cake" and "The Wedding Cake Shoppe"

Has anyone seen/tried their cupcakes?

Posted by LightsOut on Jun-03-2012 18:11:

quote:
Originally posted by Cro_Addict
"For the Love of Cake"

If this is the place I'm thinking of, in Liberty Village, I've been and was really surprised. Had the Bacon cupcake. It was delicious. I'm not really a sweets fan though, so I'm not sure how it compares to other places.

Posted by Cro_Addict on Jun-03-2012 18:14:

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
If this is the place I'm thinking of, in Liberty Village, I've been and was really surprised. Had the Bacon cupcake. It was delicious. I'm not really a sweets fan though, so I'm not sure how it compares to other places.

Yeah that is the place. I might just have to pay these 2 places a visit and see what they have.

Posted by Vivid Boy on Jun-03-2012 18:28:

chinamon

Posted by Cribby on Jun-04-2012 03:21:

Read the title as beefcake shop.

Posted by The Ear on Jun-04-2012 10:43:

quote:
I have heard good things about "For the Love of Cake" and "The Wedding Cake Shoppe"

Has anyone seen/tried their cupcakes?

Had The Wedding Cake Shop do a ton of cupcakes for our wedding 2 years ago. I've got a meat tooth, not a sweet tooth, & they were kickass.

Posted by Orko on Jun-04-2012 14:22:

I don't really understand the whole cupcake craze, but I remembered seeing this article:

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_b...kes_in_toronto/

Good luck.

Posted by FunkyCrew on Jun-04-2012 15:25:

these girls - http://www.theweddingshoppe.ca/

phenomenal cupcakes

Posted by housekitty on Jun-04-2012 20:15:

I know someone that makes ah-mazing vegan cupcakes.
https://www.facebook.com/SweetCheeksTO

Posted by chinamon on Jun-04-2012 21:22:

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
chinamon

only for you, baby!

Posted by Vivid Boy on Jun-04-2012 21:38:

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
only for you, baby!

shhh theres children around

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-04-2012 21:40:

RootBeer Float Cupcakes

1 Cup Rootbeer Soda
1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Teaspoons Rootbeer Extract
1 1/3 Cups Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a dozen cupcake tins with papers.

Combine the soda and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes. Add in the sugar and oil, whisking vigorously until slightly frothy. Integrate your extracts, and gently introduce the flour, along with the baking powder / soda, and salt, being careful not to over mix. Distributing the batter evenly between the prepared tins, fill cupcake liners approximately 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake for about 18 – 22 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before proceeding to the ganache.

Ganache

5 Oz. Dark Chocolate
1/4 Cup Soymilk
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup

Combine the above in a microwave-safe container and nuke for about a minute. Stir thoroughly even if it doesn’t look completely melted – It should come together after a bit of agitation, but if the chocolate still isn’t entirely smooth, return to the microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time, watching carefully to ensure that it doesn’t burn. Drizzle ganache in squiggles over the tops of the cupcakes. [You'll probably have plenty of left over ganache, but is that a particularly bad thing?] Allow ganache squiggles to fully cool and dry before preparing the frosting.

Frosting

1 Cup Vegetable Shortening
3 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Soymilk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Throw room temperature shortening into your mixer, and beat thoroughly until creamed. Add in sugar and start on a low speed so as not to spray powder everywhere. Incorporate soymilk and extract, and combine thoroughly. Apply to cupcakes as desired. Wax nostalgic about childhood memories.

Posted by Cro_Addict on Jun-13-2012 02:09:

Well after tasting a ton of cupcakes....

Best Cupcake Shop: The Wedding Cake Shoppe

Posted by FunkyCrew on Jun-13-2012 02:15:

hahahha Rob! they tweeted about you we were gushing about this at work, I get home and see ur pic
post it herrrrrrrrrreee!!!

Posted by Cro_Addict on Jun-13-2012 13:02:

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
hahahha Rob! they tweeted about you we were gushing about this at work, I get home and see ur pic
post it herrrrrrrrrreee!!!

Haha yeah I saw that. Here it is...

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-13-2012 15:07:

quote:
Haha yeah I saw that. Here it is...

that is awesome