TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- VELD Music Festival
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »

Posted by DudebuD on Apr-12-2012 15:36:

VELD Music Festival

"We want to introduce you to VELD Music Festival! The BIGGEST 2 Day Music Festival Toronto has EVER seen!"

LMAO INK gets worse and worse...

Posted by geroin on Apr-12-2012 15:41:

Posted by smackyoface on Apr-12-2012 15:42:

Sneaker Pimp

Hi guys first post here, hmm, I am not going to say BOO just because it's them, I will wait to see what the lineup is like, apparently there will be two stages so it may be alright..

Posted by LightsOut on Apr-12-2012 15:46:

VELD?
Digital Dreams?

We finally get some edm festivals in this city and that's the best names they can come up with?

Posted by smackyoface on Apr-12-2012 15:54:

pretty sure veld is from the ray bradbury story....pretty awesome if it is

Posted by TimGonzalez on Apr-12-2012 16:00:

well obviously they are going to announce the 2 commercial DJs first in order to attract more people. Obviously announcing Deadmau5 and Avicii headlining are going to attract more people than say Cosmic Gate and Alex M.O.R.P.H for example unfortunately .... really curious to see the rest of the line up though. They better book some good trance djs or at least book Steve Lawler again since i'm going to be missing Digital Dreams

Posted by planetaryplayer on Apr-12-2012 16:01:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted by planetaryplayer on Apr-12-2012 16:04:

i cant see them booking lawler for an all ages, then again i thought digital dreams was gunna be 100% cheese cuz of the 16+

Posted by TimGonzalez on Apr-12-2012 16:07:

thats too bad... unfortunately cheese means less trance usually too. Well if it gets too cheesy, hopefully there will be a sick boat cruise the same weekend or something we can all go on hahah

Posted by sifika on Apr-12-2012 16:19:

DeadMau5... Avicii.. .LMAO.

I'll definitely have to pass on this.

Posted by Dior Homme on Apr-12-2012 16:21:

All of a sudden Toronto gets all these EDM festivals? Are we hurting for music culture or something?

Its not a new concept, but I'm wondering why there is a sudden influx of large events. Not fighting it, just curious.

Posted by TimGonzalez on Apr-12-2012 16:55:

I mean its a good strategy attract more people to EDM by having Deadmau5 and Avicii headline the event. Get more people there. There is nothing wrong with that. Now hopefully they make the right move of booking less commercial DJs which will hopefully broaden the horizon of EDM to the less educated listeners. Just another way to look at it. Could be good for the scene.

Posted by mdm8 on Apr-12-2012 16:59:

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
All of a sudden Toronto gets all these EDM festivals? Are we hurting for music culture or something?

Its not a new concept, but I'm wondering why there is a sudden influx of large events. Not fighting it, just curious.

Mainstream EDM is flavour of the week. Give it a few years, we'll be back to mediocrity.

Posted by Shaya007 on Apr-12-2012 17:23:

Amazing!!!

now bring Sasha and Digweed in there

wishfull thinking

Posted by randallpink on Apr-12-2012 18:03:

quote:

cashing in on the popularity

Posted by GGM on Apr-12-2012 18:11:

quote:

From my understanding there was a recent change in municipal legislation that made it much easier to have this sort of event.

Posted by Special K on Apr-12-2012 19:12:

This could be good, but knowing INK and already seeing the 2 headliners, it will probably suck and be a total n00bfest like everything else they do.

Posted by DudebuD on Apr-12-2012 20:04:

and Steve Aoki was just added to the lineup. They'll be adding one DJ per day to the lineup.

Posted by WittyHandle on Apr-12-2012 20:08:

quote:
Originally posted by smackyoface
pretty sure veld is from the ray bradbury story....pretty awesome if it is

The Veldt is Deadmau5's new track. He said it was from a Bradbury reference. Interesting coincidence given that he is headlining this event.

Posted by Shaya007 on Apr-12-2012 20:18:

The term veld (often spelled veldt) is a generic term used to define certain wide open rural spaces of Southern Africa. It is used in particular to refer to flatter areas or districts covered in grass or low scrub, especially in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia. A certain sub-tropical woodland ecoregion of Southern Africa has been officially defined as the Bushveld by the World Wide Fund for Nature.[1]

Wildfires are common in the veld and are referred to as "veld fires".[2]

Posted by FunkyCrew on Apr-12-2012 20:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
This could be good, but knowing INK and already seeing the 2 headliners, it will probably suck and be a total n00bfest like everything else they do.

but it's aweeeeeesome that it's opening up horizons for the new peeps!

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-12-2012 21:05:

quote:
Originally posted by mdm8
Mainstream EDM is flavour of the week. Give it a few years, we'll be back to mediocrity.

I think mainstream is mediocrity...give it a few years and music is going to get kickass again.

Posted by edmottawa on Apr-12-2012 21:13:

quote:
I think mainstream is mediocrity...give it a few years and music is going to get kickass again.

You mean the mainstream will become kick ass again as in return to rock/pop/indie? If you want to find kick ass music there is plenty to be found right now, you just need to look for it.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-12-2012 21:18:

quote:
Originally posted by edmottawa
You mean the mainstream will become kick ass again as in return to rock/pop/indie? If you want to find kick ass music there is plenty to be found right now, you just need to look for it.

No I mean EDM will leave the mainstream and producers will be forced into coming up with new ideas which will kick start a new era in great EDM music across many genres....we are looking at a utopia of EDM in the next 10 years.

Posted by Endlesswave on Apr-12-2012 21:21:

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
No I mean EDM will leave the mainstream and producers will be forced into coming up with new ideas which will kick start a new era in great EDM music across many genres....we are looking at a utopia of EDM in the next 10 years.

Fair enough but that's what Dubstep was as of a few years ago. (I know haters gonna hate).

As for this Festival, meh, hopefully it'll be a better line up but it's no skin off my back, I'm in Europe until the 6th.

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »