TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - Florida
-- WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

Posted by OrangestO on Jan-27-2015 19:20:

Lol @ these marketing gimmicks.

Instead of selling commercial dance music, now they're selling the 'underground experience' to the masses.

This scene can be so absurd sometimes

Posted by BPM_PHL on Jan-27-2015 19:22:

They have always had pretty absurd talent on the lineup. Just cashed in HARD on the recent EDM boom, caused much of it really.

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-27-2015 19:37:

i mean that lineup is good. but that few artists over 3 days. meh... now look at dgtl... 2 day and for the lovely price of 85 euros. http://dgtl.test.tc8l.nl/viewdbimg.asp?id=197 for the price of that ultra ticket, youre not that much further off from paying for a flight.

Posted by BPM_PHL on Jan-27-2015 19:43:

Quick check has round trip flight Miami to Amsterdam at around $1000. Ultra ticket is $450 which I agree is absurd.

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-27-2015 19:54:

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
Quick check has round trip flight Miami to Amsterdam at around $1000. Ultra ticket is $450 which I agree is absurd.

i usually get em around 800. yea still almost double but i think everyone agrees its too expensive for what it is, even with a fairly decent stage or two.

okay ultra sucks rant over.

Posted by OrangestO on Jan-27-2015 20:03:

Speaking of plane tickets, why the fuck are they so expensive still when gas prices have plummeted?

I travel to Europe in the Spring (before May) because that's the cheapest time to fly. Tickets are more expensive this year than last.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-27-2015 20:57:

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL

Right now Round trip from Fort Lauderdale is around $500 for that weekend. Book through CheapOAir. Pat you may see me April 1

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-27-2015 21:00:

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Speaking of plane tickets, why the fuck are they so expensive still when gas prices have plummeted?

I travel to Europe in the Spring (before May) because that's the cheapest time to fly. Tickets are more expensive this year than last.

You want to never pay for a plane ticket again? I highly suggest making your way over too http://travelwithmiles.com and follow those instructions to a t. In 90 days I have well over 200,000 miles. Roundtrip to Europe is 50,000 miles. Also, US Airways credit card is offering 50,000 bonus miles with your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. I just got my card a month ago, bought a pack of gum and paid the bill, miles just hit my account last week.

Posted by OrangestO on Jan-27-2015 21:14:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
You want to never pay for a plane ticket again? I highly suggest making your way over too http://travelwithmiles.com and follow those instructions to a t. In 90 days I have well over 200,000 miles. Roundtrip to Europe is 50,000 miles. Also, US Airways credit card is offering 50,000 bonus miles with your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. I just got my card a month ago, bought a pack of gum and paid the bill, miles just hit my account last week.

I've thought about getting a card that lets me accrue travel miles; just never did it.

I'll definitely look into this, though. Thanks.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-27-2015 21:20:

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
I've thought about getting a card that lets me accrue travel miles; just never did it.

I'll definitely look into this, though. Thanks.

There's some amazing cards right now offering retarded bonus miles for spending limits. I have that US Airways, Citi AAdvantage and Chase Sapphire. That was my key to success and he shows you how to accumulate all those miles without spending your own money. It's pretty fucking awesome dude.

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-27-2015 21:48:

quote:
Right now Round trip from Fort Lauderdale is around $500 for that weekend. Book through CheapOAir. Pat you may see me April 1

dont play with my emotions son! where ya heading exactly?

Posted by Cool1g on Jan-27-2015 22:43:

Donnie that's funny - i met the guy at BPM that runs that website as we have a mutual friend.

Posted by bdr222 on Jan-28-2015 20:37:

Got an email from Bandsintown saying Max Graham @ TBA location 3/24/2015 in Miami.. Wonder what's brewing that night. Global Connection maybe?

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-28-2015 20:41:

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
dont play with my emotions son! where ya heading exactly?

DGTL. I'm thinking really hard about it. Maybe just play my WMC gigs and not take unneeded time off and then head out there. I got plenty of miles and it's only 40,000miles round trip to AMS.

quote:
Cool1g Donnie that's funny - i met the guy at BPM that runs that website as we have a mutual friend.

Hahah John is my good friend. We were together pretty much the whole time at BPM

Posted by bdr222 on Jan-28-2015 20:46:

quote:

Hahah John is my good friend. We were together pretty much the whole time at BPM

Does he live here Donnie? When I checked the site out I thought "I see that dude @ Treehouse/Trade/Space a lot" lol

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-28-2015 20:50:

quote:
DGTL. I'm thinking really hard about it. Maybe just play my WMC gigs and not take unneeded time off and then head out there. I got plenty of miles and it's only 40,000miles round trip to AMS.

yes. do it!!! gashouder also going on thurs-sun that weekend too!

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-29-2015 00:11:

Just booked a flight for the last weekend (26-29). Will be hitting up the Sasha cruise for sure. Just decided we were going today...gonna poke around and see what kind of smaller events are happening over the weekend, if any.

Not overly interested in going to the "everybody's gonna be there" type jams, especially with DEMF right around the corner. I've always liked WMC specifically for the bookings I would otherwise probably not get to hear.

Posted by Faceplant on Jan-29-2015 13:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Just booked a flight for the last weekend (26-29). Will be hitting up the Sasha cruise for sure. Just decided we were going today...gonna poke around and see what kind of smaller events are happening over the weekend, if any.

Not overly interested in going to the "everybody's gonna be there" type jams, especially with DEMF right around the corner. I've always liked WMC specifically for the bookings I would otherwise probably not get to hear.
the smaller parties will be coming out real soon. That's where the fun is at

Posted by Neonbeats on Jan-29-2015 13:22:

I'm thinking Enter Miami ain't happening since they've been busy hyping a UK Enter that is a couple weeks later.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-29-2015 13:59:

quote:
Originally posted by bdr222
Does he live here Donnie? When I checked the site out I thought "I see that dude @ Treehouse/Trade/Space a lot" lol

He lives between Miami and Tennessee. He's always out and about though, in miami or somewhere across the world. I've run into him at some of the oddest locations ever lol.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jan-29-2015 14:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant
the smaller parties will be coming out real soon. That's where the fun is at

Posted by ucforange on Jan-29-2015 15:22:

Donnie: what can you tell us about the big massive parties a la last year's Ice Palace parties, that other one they do on the beach (No Sugar Added, I think last year's sucked though IIRC), etc?

I guess there's a difference of opinion regarding the big parties vs small parties -- I'm of the camp that you can do the smaller shows in Miami pretty much any weekend of the year so I love to do the big massive shows with crazy production for WMC.

If Ice Palace isn't doing anything, then there's gotta be someone else picking up that slack, no?

Posted by Faceplant on Jan-29-2015 15:27:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?679041

How is this boat? I'm over the shit hole mussette. That pos reminds me of a party bus I took in my college days.

Also mr Lowe are the vip tickets open bar?

Posted by Faceplant on Jan-29-2015 15:28:

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Donnie: what can you tell us about the big massive parties a la last year's Ice Palace parties, that other one they do on the beach (No Sugar Added, I think last year's sucked though IIRC), etc?

I guess there's a difference of opinion regarding the big parties vs small parties -- I'm of the camp that you can do the smaller shows in Miami pretty much any weekend of the year so I love to do the big massive shows with crazy production for WMC.

If Ice Palace isn't doing anything, then there's gotta be someone else picking up that slack, no?
soho studios is a sick venue. That's a possibility

Posted by BPM_PHL on Jan-29-2015 15:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant
http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?679041

How is this boat? I'm over the shit hole mussette. That pos reminds me of a party bus I took in my college days.

Also mr Lowe are the vip tickets open bar?

Mussette is that bad?

Damn I was considering Bohemian Yacht club and/or Stereo.

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »