TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

Posted by basilisk on Jul-09-2008 04:02:

50 FULL MOONS
CD 1
01 :: TighT - Dreaming Man (7:08)
02 :: Noisixx - Lepuzz (Remix) (8:36)
03 :: The Soul Shakers - Clone ID (False C10n3 Remix) (7:08)
04 :: Phobia - Action (7:10)
05 :: Telepatica - Mighty Mind (7:33)
06 :: NeuroImpact - Bell Bliss (7:20)
07 :: Urantia - A.M.L.H Frequencies (8:03)
08 :: DJ Note & Twina - 100% (6:43)
09 :: Unreal X - Affecting The Reality (7:55)

CD 2
01 :: Galactic Monkey - Cyber Shake (8:19)
02 :: RooM 101 - The Ultimate Truth Serum (7:50)
03 :: Skyhighatrist - Desert Mission (7:45)
04 :: Breathead - Atomic Wave (6:30)
05 :: NeuroImpact & Cozmographika - Human Form Of Happiness (Cozmik Remix) (6:43)
06 :: Psycoholic feat. Annkvin - Sonic Anomaly (SOM Remix) (6:28)
07 :: Cyber Motion - Pure Energy (6:41)
08 :: Telepatica & Basic Nova - Inner Blue (6:58)
09 :: ThE CoSMiX - Technodelic (5:57)

Just in time for summer festival season, Cosmogenesis Recordings returns with 50 Full Moons, an epic double-CD blockbuster loaded with powerful full-on crowd thrillers and pumping progressive floor burners. Rippling bass lines, soaring melodies, and energetic grooves intersect on this massive release, the seventh from Cosmogenesis. With material gathered from Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Israel, Canada, and the UK, this compilation has a truly international character. Full-on fanatics are not going to want to miss this one!

Download it for free exclusively from ektoplazm.com:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/50-full-moons/

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Jul-11-2008 01:29:

Went to Infected Mushroom at Bluesfest here in Ottawa over the weekend. It was weird seeing them during the daytime, outside. They played all right, and the crowd was really into them. And there were no flag wavers which was a bonus.

Also saw the Wailers play that night. What a vibe THAT was. Awesome.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-12-2008 01:07:

That sounds terribly odd. Was this for some city-run event or festival? I guess it is a measure of how far outside the movement they are...

Posted by basilisk on Jul-12-2008 01:15:

How about a dose of American psytrance?

SHAPESTATIC - METAPHIM
01 :: Platform (7:39)
02 :: Lightened (8:02)
03 :: Dancefloor (7:27)
04 :: Dream This (8:05)
05 :: Time Flies (7:19)
06 :: Drum (8:12)
07 :: Blastorb (8:07)
08 :: Grain (8:10)
09 :: Paralyzed (9:10)

Shapestatic is Chris Johnson (AKA Kri) and Alex Falk (AKA The Bastard) from the Appalachian Mountains of the southern United States. Typifying the growing Psytrance scene in that region, Shapestatic’s debut release Metaphim on North American record label Gaian Mind is a bombshell collection of raw, energetic, and passionate tracks meticulously put together with not a moment of sound wasted. Metaphim combines in-your-face bass lines with gritty, acid-drenched synth strata, tight percussion, tweaked-out samples, and purposeful harmony. Hard-edged and very psychedelic, yet still bouncy, positive, and musical, Shapestatic bears a sound which is wholly unique to America. Metaphim will keep your body moving well into the first rays of dawn!

Download it for free in MP3 or WAV:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...tatic-metaphim/

If you enjoy this free release you are encouraged to purchase a physical copy from T.O.U.C.H. Samadhi:
http://www.touchsamadhi.com/shop/cd...static-metaphim

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Jul-12-2008 15:09:

quote:
Originally posted by basilisk
That sounds terribly odd. Was this for some city-run event or festival? I guess it is a measure of how far outside the movement they are...

Yeah, by no means do I consider them still psy-trance, they are kind of stuck in a musical netherworld. But they have been able to build a fanbase that will go see them - whereever they play.

I respect that, and I still like to support music outside of "the norm".

Posted by basilisk on Jul-13-2008 04:23:

I like and appreciate music "outside the norm" but I don't think their new stuff is really any good, to be perfectly honest. Just a matter of taste, I guess! The problem is probably that I'm not much into pop music, and that seems to be what they're interested in doing these days.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-13-2008 05:24:

Anyone here into techtrance? This is a great release!

MOMENTUM VOLUME 1
01 :: Nerso - Clarity (6:49)
02 :: PhaseTech - Phazer (7:56)
03 :: Excizen - Crips (7:02)
04 :: Opsy - Her Ghost In The Fog (6:56)
05 :: PhaseTech & Ectima - Momentum (7:02)
06 :: Ectima - Metal Isolation (6:34)
07 :: Kino Oko - Way To Obirsju (8:18)
08 :: Deto - Lavina (8:57)
09 :: Kocka - Hiper Kocka (4:04)

Momentum Volume 1 is the first in a new series of techtrance and progressive compilations from TesseracTstudio. Compiled by PhaseTech, Momentum gathers material from across East-Central Europe with a particular emphasis on homegrown Serbian productions. Sleek driving rhythms and gleaming cybernetic atmospheres infuse this stellar release with a rich futuristic ambiance. Momentum Volume 1 successfully revives the mood and style of post-millennial techtrance for modern audiences even as it paves the way for a new generation of mechanistic producers to move and shake the dance floors of the world.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/momentum-volume-1/

Posted by marcusus on Jul-13-2008 06:10:

I don't know whether 'pop' is quite the right term. Probably something more along the lines of psychedelic rock or something, which makes it much more accessible. They still put on a great show though.

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Jul-13-2008 17:13:

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus
I don't know whether 'pop' is quite the right term. Probably something more along the lines of psychedelic rock or something, which makes it much more accessible. They still put on a great show though.

Yeah, much more accessible.

There was a guy in his late 50's near me who seemed to be really into the music, even enough to lip some of their song lyrics. Not saying this is bad, but I didn't see that at Snoop Dog's show - which followed IM's set (yeah, it's a fucked up lineup for this "Bluesfest", I know).

While I wouldn't call it pop either, as you mentioned, it's a rock/psy"ish" music hybrid. But hardly groundbreaking.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-13-2008 18:15:

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus

I think it is a question of substance. Infected don't seem all that concerned with authenticity. Contrast them with Juno Reactor, another so-called psytrance artist that has "gone mainstream"... I don't think anyone would accuse Watkins of writing accessible filler for the masses.

Posted by marcusus on Jul-14-2008 08:21:

The real question isn't so much about the music itself, but rather the artists. If IM are making this style of music because they love it, then that's well and good. But if they're making this style of music because it'll rake in the cash, then it's a bit dodge.

Tastes change, so there's nothing wrong with IM changing their tune to this newer 'psyrock' style, so long as it's for all the right reasons.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-14-2008 19:08:

I would imagine a bit of both... which is fine for them, but not my sort of thing.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-14-2008 19:10:

Oh, and I've a new one today... somewhat on topic, as it really tries hard to shatter the mainstream

CONTAGION VOLUME 1
01 :: Necrospycho vs Astaroth - Experimental Evil Jow (6:54)
02 :: The Herectic - Claustrophobic Dimension (6:53)
03 :: Distorted Goblin - Through The Night (6:36)
04 :: Demonizz - Arknofobia (6:49)
05 :: Psychoz vs Hagenith - Psycause (6:47)
06 :: Morus - Lithium Unbalance (8:16)
07 :: Psyhamaa vs Ikpeng - Fingers Vertigo (7:38)
08 :: Karmazon - The Calling (7:33)
09 :: Kita - Screams of Satinka (7:33)

Contagion Vol. 1 is the second release from Dead Tree Productions, a dark psychedelic trance label rooted in the Brazilian underground. Rebelling against the pervasive manipulations of mass media and pop culture, Contagion is an unlikely antidote for alienation and disillusionment. Through the use of twisted leads, brutal beats, and bleak atmospheric programming, this compilation explores the far reaches of the psytrance spectrum with some tracks approaching 160 BPM.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC (lossless):
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/contagion-volume-1/

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Jul-16-2008 01:10:

I noticed on the Eclipse 2008 site that they have a main stage and an alternative stage.

So 2 stages this year? Can anyone confirm...Shankar?

Posted by DaRoZa on Jul-16-2008 02:05:

it seems like IM gets unfairly criticized these days for changing their style... imo, simply using "pop" as an influence for music doesn't always compromise quality or mean the artist is trying to sell out. take NiN for instance.. from the start they said they set out to apply industrial sounds on to the pop formula.

Posted by Shankar on Jul-16-2008 23:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Tunnel Rat
I noticed on the Eclipse 2008 site that they have a main stage and an alternative stage.

So 2 stages this year? Can anyone confirm...Shankar?

Well, Eclipse always had 2 stages. One is the main stage, one is a chill stage. This year they are expanding their musical boundaries to add more musical genres to the menu. The chill stage can no longer be classified as "chill", as it will have other genres to it. Thus the new name, Alternative Stage. This stage will include downtempo, breaks, some slow prog, and definitelly chill-out.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-17-2008 02:09:

quote:
Originally posted by DaRoZa
it seems like IM gets unfairly criticized these days for changing their style... imo, simply using "pop" as an influence for music doesn't always compromise quality or mean the artist is trying to sell out. take NiN for instance.. from the start they said they set out to apply industrial sounds on to the pop formula.

Sure, but would you really compare the songwriting and singing talents of Trent Reznor and, er, Duvdev?

Let's get real here.

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Jul-18-2008 00:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Shankar
Well, Eclipse always had 2 stages. One is the main stage, one is a chill stage. This year they are expanding their musical boundaries to add more musical genres to the menu. The chill stage can no longer be classified as "chill", as it will have other genres to it. Thus the new name, Alternative Stage. This stage will include downtempo, breaks, some slow prog, and definitelly chill-out.

Where was the second stage last year? I never even noticed it.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-18-2008 02:34:

Ektoplazm is proud to be releasing Ekoplex's debut album Journey Of The Turtle just in time for Eclipse! CDs will be available for sale at the festival for $10. If you enjoy driving atmospheric psytrance--cruising along somewhere between full-on and the more upbeat side of progressive--be sure to check this album out!

Incidentally, this release is the first full-length album from a Toronto psytrance artist. Support local talent!

Posted by Shankar on Jul-18-2008 06:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Tunnel Rat
Where was the second stage last year? I never even noticed it.

As far as I know, there was another stage last year. It was run by Sumkidz from Toronto. It had a great variety of dub and downtempo music.

Posted by kaniz on Jul-22-2008 14:02:

quote:
Originally posted by basilisk
Anyone here into techtrance? This is a great release!

MOMENTUM VOLUME 1
01 :: Nerso - Clarity (6:49)
02 :: PhaseTech - Phazer (7:56)
03 :: Excizen - Crips (7:02)
04 :: Opsy - Her Ghost In The Fog (6:56)
05 :: PhaseTech & Ectima - Momentum (7:02)
06 :: Ectima - Metal Isolation (6:34)
07 :: Kino Oko - Way To Obirsju (8:18)
08 :: Deto - Lavina (8:57)
09 :: Kocka - Hiper Kocka (4:04)

Momentum Volume 1 is the first in a new series of techtrance and progressive compilations from TesseracTstudio. Compiled by PhaseTech, Momentum gathers material from across East-Central Europe with a particular emphasis on homegrown Serbian productions. Sleek driving rhythms and gleaming cybernetic atmospheres infuse this stellar release with a rich futuristic ambiance. Momentum Volume 1 successfully revives the mood and style of post-millennial techtrance for modern audiences even as it paves the way for a new generation of mechanistic producers to move and shake the dance floors of the world.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/momentum-volume-1/

Started to listen to this while getting read for work this morning. Only got through the first two tracks, but was pretty good so far. Will need to download the MP3 version and load it up onto my iPod later, should make some good workout music. Nice stuff - thanks.

Posted by basilisk on Jul-25-2008 19:41:

URANTIA - HUNAB TECH EP
01 :: Nice Getto Freak (7:36)
02 :: Magic Land (7:02)
03 :: Out Of My Mind (7:36)
04 :: Plate Of Light (8:09)

Urantia is Victor Hugo Mata, a full-on psytrance producer from Zacatecas, Mexico. Previously his work has appeared on the 50 Full Moons and 55 Full Moons compilations from UK netlabel Cosmogenesis Recordings. Now Urantia is ready to break out with a 4-track EP of his own entitled Hunab Tech. True to form, this free release is packed with crystal-clear melodies, explosive breakdowns, and pumping synthetic rhythms. Full-on fans are bound to enjoy the ecstatic energy of Urantia’s Hunab Tech EP.

Download it for free in MP3 or WAV!
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...-hunab-tech-ep/

Posted by basilisk on Jul-25-2008 19:44:

quote:
Originally posted by kaniz
Started to listen to this while getting read for work this morning. Only got through the first two tracks, but was pretty good so far. Will need to download the MP3 version and load it up onto my iPod later, should make some good workout music. Nice stuff - thanks.

Wicked, I'm glad you like it! I think that this one is an exceptional release... and interestingly enough, one that I've also had out with me on my pod while cycling. It certainly suits night riding in the city!

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Jul-30-2008 02:36:

Here are J00Fs last 2 sets ...

John '00' Fleming - Global Trance Grooves 62 (June 2008) (with Nick Sentience)
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Hour 1 - John
01. Domased Electronica - Naiad (Original mix)
02. Vibrasphere - Autumn Lights (Alucard remix)
03. Martin - What the "Bleep" Do I Know?
04. Paulina Cewe - Incipit
05. Sub6 - Subslider
06. Jupiter 8000 - Inside
07. Human Blue - Lone Ranger
08. U-Recken - Elements
09. Fatali - Flip (Atomic Pulse remix)
10. Protoculture - Magnetik

Hour 2 - Nick Sentience
01. Adam Sheridan – Organized Chaos (Genix remix) (Vandit)
02. Midway – Amazon (Carl B remix) (In trance we trust)
03. Ron Van Den Beuken – Timeless (Ron van Den Beuken mix) (Liquid)
04. Simon Patterson – Smack (Reset)
05. Sonic Species – Lost Transmission (Alchemy)
06. Space Cat, Perplex, Dimitry – Techno Logic (Fineplay)
07. Nikki S – Visual range (White Label)
08. Tristan – Gateway (Alchemy)
09. Astral projection – Open Society (Compact)
======================================================
(from the TOTA Download thread)
John OO Fleming - Global Trance Grooves 063 Anton Chernikov Guestmix
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Tracklist:
Hour 1 - John '00' Fleming:
01. ID
02. Anton Chernikov - Burmourbia
03. ID
04. The KLF - What Time Is Love (Tegma remix)
05. Nicholas Bennison - Dead Weight
06. ID
07. Even 11 - Oblivion (Wizzy Noise Remix)
08. ID
09. ID
10. James Alexander & Pete Gawtry - Lost In You (The Digital Blonde remix)

Hour 2 - Anton Chernikov:
01. Anton Chernikov pres Generation X - Generation X (Generation X Mix)
02. Sergio Fernandez - Change The Tempo (Anton Chernikov Remix)
03. Anton Chernikov pres Crystal Verge - Bumbourbia
04. Anton Chernikov pres Crystal Verge - Kergudu
05. Anton Chernikov pres Crystal Verge - Evil Spice (Original Mix)
06. John 00 Fleming - Rasa Lila (Anton Chernikov Mix)
07. Fonarev & Arrival project feat. Lika Star - Kazantip 2007 (Anton Chernikov Mix)
08. Mike Saint-Jules vs Anton Chernikov - Solar Navigator

Posted by basilisk on Jul-30-2008 03:25:

I like the fact that he isn't afraid to play good tracks that other DJs would merely consider to be too old for airplay. Magnetik is from 2003 and Inside is from 2004. Not old in the grand scheme of things but psytrance DJs have this annoying tendency of restricting themselves to whatever just came out--often without "learning" the music well enough to incorporate it into a proper journey.

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »