TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Australia
-- DJ whore/promo thread
Pages (65): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »

Posted by DigDeep on Nov-13-2006 14:07:

Jeff Button - Live @ Global Village, Toronto - 11.11.06.

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

16 Bit Lolitas - Chuck Nology
Duce, Jeff FX - Filterbang (Club Mix)
Disciples Of Sound - Angels Of Harlem
Trophy Twins - Anarchism (DOS & Kid Lopez Remix)
Eclipse - Continuum
Maskio - Monday
Audiofly - I Can't Remember (Pryda Remix)
Vibe Dealers - Vibe De Laine
Shlomi Aber - Tel Aviv Garden (Shlomi's Twisted Dub)
Craig David - All The Way (Sandy Rivera's Blackwiz Remix)
Roob V, Matthew Dekay - Dubio (Original Mix)

LENGTH: 73:10

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-13-2006 14:17:

Talking Hectech

Here is the newest mix I've put together. Actually, you remember my Sensory Overload mix... http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=375680

I recorded this the same day! Same circumstances and all. Mixing all in my headphones, no touchups, redo's or anything like that, it was all live. It's definatley one of the best tech trance mixes I think I've put together... as far as mixing goes. I tried to use tracks that don't get played too often but really cater to my sound.

Opening track will really grow on you! Marcos comes up with a real fucking stormer here and it's a perfect track to start a mix with, imo.
Not a huge fan of a few of the tracks, but I bought them for a reason... to play them, so I did
Marc Van Linden puts a really sweet remix to Dark side of the Moon, one of my fave remixes of the track.
And from AKA right too Total Blackout the mix really takes it's effect. Well, it's my favorite part atleast :mrgreen: besides India Calling, which I can't get enough of!!!

Anyway, hope you enjoy this one just as much as the last one.

The Digital Pimp pres. Hectech
DOWNLOAD HERE (right click and save target as)
Tracklist:
01. Marcos – India Calling
02. Sander van Doorn – Dark Roast (2006 Re-fill)
03. Ernesto vs. Bastian – Dark Side of the Moon (Marc van Linden Remix)
04. Abel Ramos – Atasco
05. Krzyzstof Chochlow – Release
06. Mac & Mac – Listen (Mac Zimms Remix)
07. Sander van Doorn – Punk’d (Sean Tyas Remix)
08. Sander van Doorn – AKA (Mr. Sam Mix)
09. Emjay – Real High
10. Nico Parisi vs Eric Hubo – Metro
11. Fred Baker – Total Blackout

As I said before, it was all done in my headphones and it was the 2nd mix I did within 24 hours, and I think it turned out better than I could've even expected!!
Enjoy!!!

thoughts and comments are MORE than welcome

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-14-2006 01:08:

why would you buy songs youre not a fan of?

Posted by Dj_Es-Dva on Nov-14-2006 04:41:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
why would you buy songs youre not a fan of?

Other people might and if you play out itll be handy to have them maybe, ive got quiet a few trancers that im not greatly fond of that i know everyone else loves.

Posted by Philby on Nov-14-2006 05:04:

Re: Hectech

quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman

As I said before, it was all done in my headphones and it was the 2nd mix I did within 24 hours, and I think it turned out better than I could've even expected!!

lets make him our new god!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-14-2006 05:09:

Re: Re: Hectech

quote:
Originally posted by Philby

lets make him our new god!

i mix in headphones all the time, can i be elevated to godhood too?

Posted by kittn on Nov-14-2006 06:53:

Me too. I mean, I knew I was a goddess and all but this proves it beyond a doubt!

Posted by 00soups00 on Nov-14-2006 07:15:

Re: Hectech

quote:
Here is the newest mix I've put together. Actually, you remember my Sensory Overload mix... http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=375680

I recorded this the same day! Same circumstances and all. Mixing all in my headphones, no touchups, redo's or anything like that, it was all live. It's definatley one of the best tech trance mixes I think I've put together... as far as mixing goes. I tried to use tracks that don't get played too often but really cater to my sound.

Opening track will really grow on you! Marcos comes up with a real fucking stormer here and it's a perfect track to start a mix with, imo.
Not a huge fan of a few of the tracks, but I bought them for a reason... to play them, so I did
Marc Van Linden puts a really sweet remix to Dark side of the Moon, one of my fave remixes of the track.
And from AKA right too Total Blackout the mix really takes it's effect. Well, it's my favorite part atleast :mrgreen: besides India Calling, which I can't get enough of!!!

Anyway, hope you enjoy this one just as much as the last one.

The Digital Pimp pres. Hectech
DOWNLOAD HERE (right click and save target as)
Tracklist:
01. Marcos – India Calling
02. Sander van Doorn – Dark Roast (2006 Re-fill)
03. Ernesto vs. Bastian – Dark Side of the Moon (Marc van Linden Remix)
04. Abel Ramos – Atasco
05. Krzyzstof Chochlow – Release
06. Mac & Mac – Listen (Mac Zimms Remix)
07. Sander van Doorn – Punk’d (Sean Tyas Remix)
08. Sander van Doorn – AKA (Mr. Sam Mix)
09. Emjay – Real High
10. Nico Parisi vs Eric Hubo – Metro
11. Fred Baker – Total Blackout

Enjoy!!!

thoughts and comments are MORE than welcome

i am quite suprised at this comment

"Not a huge fan of a few of the tracks, but I bought them for a reason... to play them, so I did"

why are you playing tunes that you're not a huge fan of? My view on a dj is that they should be playing tracks that they love, call me crazy but it makes now sense to play tunes that your not 100% gage over.

Also a bit of variety wouldnt go astray..
is trance that sour these days you cant find stuff thats tech-trance without it being 3/4trs Sander Van Doorn.

having said that, im downloading to give it a listen.

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-14-2006 14:09:

I'm not a huge fan of some of those tracks, big deal eh.
I got over them. You listen to a track over and over again, you tend not to listen to them anymore, which makes me "not a huge fan" anymore. Doesn't mean they still do fit nicely into a mix.

I dunno where I come off sounding like 'a god' , but I notice it's always the same 2-3 people pulling that string. If I really thought that, I'd be all over "some" people here who can't even get over their beatmatching problems. Are you really that hurting for something to make fun of about me that you have to make such a big deal out of nothing... oh yeah, I forgot, it's the Australian way

Anyway, like I said, I'm looking for comments on the mix... not what I say about it. So just listen to it will ya, that's all I'm really asking.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-14-2006 21:55:

beatmatching is overated perhaps if you didnt sound so full of yourself we wouldnt mock you so much?

Posted by Aesthetic on Nov-14-2006 22:54:

wow that's a lot of sander van doorn tracks. mortyman aka the sander van doorn jukebox

Posted by 00soups00 on Nov-15-2006 00:15:

quote:
I'm not a huge fan of some of those tracks, big deal eh.
I got over them. You listen to a track over and over again, you tend not to listen to them anymore, which makes me "not a huge fan" anymore. Doesn't mean they still do fit nicely into a mix.

I dunno where I come off sounding like 'a god' , but I notice it's always the same 2-3 people pulling that string. If I really thought that, I'd be all over "some" people here who can't even get over their beatmatching problems. Are you really that hurting for something to make fun of about me that you have to make such a big deal out of nothing... oh yeah, I forgot, it's the Australian way

Anyway, like I said, I'm looking for comments on the mix... not what I say about it. So just listen to it will ya, that's all I'm really asking.

it really is just a case of what pkc said. the way you word things and post on TA does give you a perceived case of 'bigheadedness'. I have no doubt you're a nice guy (who plays too much SVD) as are most canadians, however how canadians are perceived by some is not always how they actually are.

Posted by sLiCk_NiCk on Nov-15-2006 00:54:

he must be from the same crop you cam from snoup

Posted by Philby on Nov-15-2006 12:38:

quote:

read what you posted before again

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-16-2006 10:03:

quote:
Originally posted by 00soups00
it really is just a case of what pkc said. the way you word things and post on TA does give you a perceived case of 'bigheadedness'. I have no doubt you're a nice guy (who plays too much SVD) as are most canadians, however how canadians are perceived by some is not always how they actually are.

I still don't see how I come off bigheaded? Nowhere do I say this mix will be the best mix you ever hear, or that I demand respect because I'm a good dj. I just state the things that I feel I've had to overcome to be happy with my results. It's a case of self-expression, and it's your choice to ignore my own feelings towards it, or to put yourself in my place.

Personally, I don't like it when someone just puts out mixes and has no input or contribution to why a mix is special to them. I'll never listen to a mix if all I see is a tracklist. I wanna know about a mix and put myself in the place of the dj and feel what they feel. And I guess that's what's different about the compared scene's in Canada and Australia is. Back home it was easy to feel and feed off the energy of other dj's, passion and energy is what it's all about. Here... everyone and their grandmother wants to be a dj, and passion and energy gets lost in translation.

And yes, I love SVD!! Not all my mixes are mostly his tracks, and this one only has 3 (which ain't very much). SVD is a great producer and DJ, and yes, I've adopted a style close to his now. Check out my Sensory Overload mix.. I think 1 SVD remix in 14 tracks. I made Hectech because I bought all these records and I never get to listen to them... and now I can

Posted by DJ_Ballistic on Nov-16-2006 10:49:

how fucking good was that rubix cube bit in ronnie johns, phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and mortyman personally i don't need to read an essay before i listen to a set, it should speak for itself.

Telling me you bled for this set, or that you took a dump before you did it are equally as unimportant, its all about the tracklist.

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-16-2006 14:29:

Like I said, "personally" I like to read a bit about what I'm gonna hear, cause I may not know some, if any tracks. I didn't say I wanna read an essay

And yes, you're right, it is mostly about the tracklist... at the same time... some dj's, like myself, won't play full tracks, or will fiddle around with effects, or always adjusting eq's. This can really make the tracks more powerful or less intense throughout an entire mix, which can inevitably suede the flow, making it more, or sometimes less, enjoyable to listen too.

DJ's use different methods of mixing and playing tracks, so it's not fair to judge a mix by it's tracklist, but how well the dj performs it.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-16-2006 23:59:

^^ well, tbh mate, whether you think a track is a "stormer" or one of your fave mixes or where you think it "really takes effect" most of us dont give two shits about.

like any good artist knows "show, dont tell"

having said all that id DL it if it was trancier

Posted by DJ_Ballistic on Nov-17-2006 01:08:

there's now honey in butter menthols

how awesome is that

Posted by 00soups00 on Nov-17-2006 02:04:

quote:
Like I said, "personally" I like to read a bit about what I'm gonna hear, cause I may not know some, if any tracks. I didn't say I wanna read an essay

And yes, you're right, it is mostly about the tracklist... at the same time... some dj's, like myself, won't play full tracks, or will fiddle around with effects, or always adjusting eq's. This can really make the tracks more powerful or less intense throughout an entire mix, which can inevitably suede the flow, making it more, or sometimes less, enjoyable to listen too.

DJ's use different methods of mixing and playing tracks, so it's not fair to judge a mix by it's tracklist, but how well the dj performs it.

i know what your saying mate, and seriously its partly an aussie thing, partly a TA forums thing. I sometimes gloat abotu how awesome i am, and download my mix and look at my international guests on my radio show.. its partly tounge in cheek, partly serious. Hence why im made fun of on here (also because im a real fcukwit) but if you can laugh at yourself then it invariably envokes respect and people will take on what you have to offer rather then resenting it...

havingt said all that, i listened to your mix, and i liked it but it wasnt my kinda thing.. and yes 3 tracks by the same artist in a mix is too much.. go search for lesser know tech tunes and therein lies the challenge...

all the best mate

Posted by Dj_Es-Dva on Nov-17-2006 03:35:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ballistic
there's now honey in butter menthols

how awesome is that

omg i need to buy some

Posted by Philby on Nov-17-2006 09:50:

quote:
I still don't see how I come off bigheaded? Nowhere do I say this mix will be the best mix you ever hear, or that I demand respect because I'm a good dj. I just state the things that I feel I've had to overcome to be happy with my results. It's a case of self-expression, and it's your choice to ignore my own feelings towards it, or to put yourself in my place.

Personally, I don't like it when someone just puts out mixes and has no input or contribution to why a mix is special to them. I'll never listen to a mix if all I see is a tracklist. I wanna know about a mix and put myself in the place of the dj and feel what they feel. And I guess that's what's different about the compared scene's in Canada and Australia is. Back home it was easy to feel and feed off the energy of other dj's, passion and energy is what it's all about. Here... everyone and their grandmother wants to be a dj, and passion and energy gets lost in translation.

by telling us twice that you mixed it only in your headphones and it was the 2nd mix you recorded in a day makes it sound like you suffered to bring us this mix and we should all be greatful. that's how you sound bigheaded by looking at a tracklist and listening you can't put yourself in the place of the dj and feel what they feel? isn't that going to make more of a difference than reading a paragraph on their inspiration? what do you mean passion and energy are lost because everyone wants to be a dj? you sound like one of those jaded underground band lovers "oh they used to be good but now they're too mainstream"??

Posted by DJ_Ballistic on Nov-17-2006 09:54:

butter menthols phil, butter menthols

Posted by Teflon_Teapot on Nov-17-2006 09:58:

sign in on msn phil you filthy animal and stop picking on canadians.

wtf is wrong with playing three songs from the same artist in a mix? who the fuck cares really? damn chinstrokers

Posted by Philby on Nov-17-2006 12:04:

whoops sorry teapot didnt see that till now! im on msn atm though

Pages (65): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »