TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-19-2010 00:13:

wow...what a difference it makes playing in the morning compared to the afternoon.

Weir has once again proven he is the most inconsistent golfer on tour.

Posted by StereoPrincess on Jun-19-2010 12:06:

i am kind of sick of phil mickelson.

Posted by Pett on Jun-19-2010 15:18:

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess

aw come on, whats your problem with lefty?

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-19-2010 15:19:

quote:

Yeah but I sure love the way he plays golf. Unlike some golfers, he is willing to take risks and go for it...even if it costs him the tournament....he has a little Tin Cup in him.

The best part is, when they are talking about Phil it means they are not talking about Tiger...any time other golfers get the spotlight it is only good for the game of golf.

Posted by jchung52 on Jun-20-2010 20:23:

Looking forward to lazying around watching the Open. Dustin must really like pebble haha

Posted by StereoPrincess on Jun-21-2010 14:32:

quote:
Originally posted by Pett
aw come on, whats your problem with lefty?

lol. i dunno. but everytime he is interviewed he just seems to have no personality and very snobby, higher than thou attitude.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-21-2010 14:37:

quote:
lol. i dunno. but everytime he is interviewed he just seems to have no personality and very snobby, higher than thou attitude.

I don't know about that...he seems more down to earth then Tiger and many other golfers.

As for the US Open....I think it was a perfect finish for this tournament. Like any major the course should be difficult and even par should win...which in this case it did. For Graeme McDowell to stay in control when you have Els, Mickelson and Woods right behind you is amazing.

Posted by jchung52 on Jun-22-2010 01:38:

Was fun to watch. I was waiting for a charge from either Woods, Els, Mick but none could get anything going. LOL at Dustin. That was an ultimate collapse

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jul-15-2010 11:47:

So the greatest golf tournament is on this week. I love getting up early and watching The Open Championship. Was up at 4:00 am this morning so I could watch it. Daly was on fire this morning....I only hope he can keep it together for four rounds. He did well last week at the Scottish Open. Tiger is having a solid bogey free round. This is Tiger's course and I can't see any other outcome then him winning.

Posted by jchung52 on Jul-15-2010 13:32:

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
This is Tiger's course and I can't see any other outcome then him winning.

Posted by shagnew13 on Jul-15-2010 13:52:

Yea Tiger is doing pretty well, and I believe he should definately be close to winning it, unless he melts in the final round.

Daly is having a great round of Golf, and him too I just hope he can keep it together for another 3 rounds and doesn't melt either.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jul-15-2010 13:57:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52

you don't know how much it pains me to say that

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jul-16-2010 18:25:

What a difference a day makes...Rory McILROY goes from history setter to bum. He is +7 on his round today with 4 holes left to play.

John Daly was a solid +4 today...and in the weather conditions this afternoon that is not bad.

Tiger just keeps putting in par after par.

Weir...well lets just forget he even golfs...its better that way.

And the leader...what ever his name is....I have no idea who he is and not expect him to be near the top come sunday afternoon.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jul-19-2010 12:07:

I'm actually a little disappointed with the finish to The Open. Nobody even threatened Louis in the final round. I would have thought someone would have challenged him. The one thing that stood out to me about Louis was his driving....to be able to hit that many fairways in those conditions is amazing.

Woods was terrible with the putter all weekend...he couldn't make anything.

Well next up is the Canadian Open. I might go down Friday and check some of the action. I'm actually impressed with the golfers they were able to get to come...especially right after a major. Hopefully Weir or Ames can put something together this week. I predict a top 20 finish by Daly.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jul-22-2010 15:51:

Wow...St. George looks to be playing fairly easy right now....I guess the greens are not as difficult as they were making them out to be.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Aug-05-2010 20:22:

This is one time I don't mind seeing ever shot from tiger....he is making me look like a pro.

Posted by jchung52 on Aug-06-2010 03:05:

Could be a change in the number 1 spot if things continue this way.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Aug-06-2010 11:53:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
Could be a change in the number 1 spot if things continue this way.

I think we may be entering a new era in golf....Tiger Woods may no longer be the draw he once was.

As it stands right now he isn't even on the Ryder Cup team. Pavin has already said that he may not even take Tiger as a Captain's Pick.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Aug-07-2010 19:44:

go tiger go

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Aug-08-2010 13:25:

at least tiger is first in bogeys for the week so far.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Aug-08-2010 17:18:

EAGLES -- -- -- -- 0 N/A
BIRDIES 2 3 2 3 10 T44
PARS 10 10 10 7 37 T61
BOGEYS 6 5 5 6 22 1
DOUBLE BOGEYS -- -- 1 2 3 T1
OTHER -- -- -- -- 0 N/A
DRIVING ACC. 36 21 50 50 39.3 T79
DRIVING DIS. 290.0 308.5 297.5 314.5 302.6 12
PUTTS PER ROUND 32 27 26 33 29.5 T63
PUTTS PER GIR 1.818 1.571 1.714 1.800 1.743 20
GREENS IN REG 61 39 39 56 48.6 T77
SAND SAVES -- 40 50 -- 27.3 68

Those are some pretty sad stats for Tiger. For someone who has never finished worse than 4th in 10 years and has won the tournament 7 times.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Sep-07-2010 16:46:

quote:
Captain Pavin picks Tiger, Cink, Johnson and Fowler
Putting an end to weeks of speculation, U.S. Ryder Cup captain Corey Pavin selected Tiger Woods, Stewart Cink, Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler with his four wildcard picks to round out his 12-man team in Wales. The U.S. is hoping to win on foreign soil for the first time since 1993.
John Byrwa, Managing Editor

NEW YORK – Ending months of speculation, Team USA Captain Corey Pavin completed his 12-man Ryder Cup team on Tuesday by selecting Tiger Woods, Stewart Cink, Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler with his four captain's picks.

Pavin, seated between three of his four assistant captains -- Tom Lehman, Davis Love III, Paul Goydos (Jeff Sluman was unable to attend) - and PGA of America President Jim Remy, made the announcement at the New York Stock Exchange, where he will also ring the closing bell Tuesday afternoon.

"I am very pleased to add these four to Team USA," Pavin said. "I think our team is very good. I think these four players complement those eight very well. That was the goal of these four players.

"I'm very proud to have Team USA completely assembled now, and I'm looking forward to the matches in three weeks."

Pavin's four captain's picks join the eight automatic qualifiers who were announced following the 92nd PGA Championship last month at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wis.: reigning Masters champion Phil Mickelson, Hunter Mahan, Bubba Watson, Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, Dustin Johnson, Jeff Overton and Matt Kuchar.

In selecting Woods, Cink and Johnson, Pavin adds proven Ryder Cup experience to his relatively young squad. Woods has competed in five Ryder Cups, Cink four and Johnson one. Fowler, a PGA Tour rookie who has made 16 of 24 cuts, including five top-10 finishes, this season, will be making his Ryder Cup debut. He finished 20th in the U.S. Ryder Cup Points Standings.

Though there had been some who debated whether Pavin would - or should - pick Woods, the world No. 1 who has not won in a year and who just recently started to show flashes of his former self on the course, Pavin said Tiger's recent form made his decision much easier.

"I asked (Tiger) last night if he … I would like to have him on the team, and he said absolutely, and said, whatever you would like me to do, I will do, just tell me what you would like, which is exactly what a captain likes to hear from any player on the team," Pavin said of his conversation with Woods.

"So obviously I was happy that he was very excited about playing, and he wants to be on a winning team, just like the other 12 guys, as well."

Said Woods, "It's great to be a part of this team. I'm honored to be selected and head over to Wales to represent the United States in The Ryder Cup. I've been to Wales previously in the Walker Cup and looking forward to going back and having a great time with the team and hopefully bring the Cup back."

Cink's selection marks the third time he has been a captain's pick. "I'm starting to probably be close to being a record there," joked Cink, who owns a 4-7-4 career record in 15 Ryder Cup matches. "I guess all that means is I'm not very good in qualifying in the Top 10, I don't know. I'll be excited and pumped up to play and representing the U.S."

Johnson, who qualified for the 2006 team that traveled to The K Club in Ireland, said he is "thrilled and excited to be on the team."

"Team play, team sports in general, it's really something that drives me as a competitor and when you incorporate a team element and chemistry into golf, it makes it just that much more special," said Johnson, who went 1-2-1 in his Ryder Cup debut.

"Having your nation's flag on your sleeve and being led by Captain Pavin and his associates, just, you know, makes it that much more special."

Fowler, known for his trademark orange outfits on the course and long hair, said he is looking forward to the experience and hopes to bring some energy along with him.

"I have to thank Corey for giving me the opportunity to go over there," the 21-year-old Fowler said. "Being a young player, it's a pretty special opportunity and the last time I played overseas on a team event was for the Walker Cup, so hopefully I can take a little bit of knowledge that I learned there and help the team."

Pavin said he just had "a gut feeling" about picking Fowler, and never once considered his lack of experience a factor.

"I think, obviously, he's deserving," Pavin said. "There's a lot of guys deserving to be on the team. Like I said, there were a lot of people in the mix. I've said that before, and it's absolutely true.

"We talked a lot about it last night, the three of us here, and as I said, I spoke to Jeff Sluman on the phone, as well. It just came down to feelings. I had a gut feeling about Rickie. He has a good Walker Cup record, 7 1. He's a very good player. There are a lot of very good players that I had to look at, but that's the way I went."

Mickelson will be making his ninth consecutive Ryder Cup appearance, while Furyk makes his seventh consecutive, and Mahan and Stricker their second straight. Watson, who finished second in the 92nd PGA Championship at Whistling Straits in August following a three-hole playoff, Johnson, Kuchar and Overton will be making their debuts in the Ryder Cup.

Looking to capture consecutive Ryder Cups for the first time since 1993, Team USA heads to the Twenty Ten Course at The Celtic Manor in Newport, Wales, hoping to continue the success it enjoyed two years ago while upsetting the heavily favored Team Europe at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Ky.

Powered by the inspired play of six Ryder Cup rookies -- Mahan, Stricker, Boo Weekley, J.B. Holmes, Anthony Kim and Ben Curtis - and the leadership of captain Paul Azinger, the Americans shocked the Europeans 16 ½-11 ½ to snap a three-match losing streak.

Team Europe, led by captain Colin Montgomerie, will again be favored over the Americans when the teams meet in a little more than three weeks. Ryder Cup veterans Lee Westwood, three-time major champion Padraig Harrington, Luke Donald, Ian Poulter and Miguel Angel Jimenez will be joined by reigning PGA Champion Martin Kaymer, reigning U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell, Rory McIlroy, Ross Fisher, Peter Hanson and brothers Francesco Molinari and Edoardo Molinari or Italy.

Begun in 1927, the Ryder Cup is among the last great professional sporting events where winning, not prize money, is the ultimate reward. The United States owns a 25-10-2 overall advantage in the biennial competition, but Europe has won five of the last seven Ryder Cups.

Personally, I don't think Tiger should be on the Ryder Cup...his performance since he came back doesn't justify a spot on the team. In the last two months he's had maybe 3 or 4 decent rounds. I wouldn't say he's had any amazing rounds.

That being said, I think the Ryder Cup is exactly what Tiger needs to turn things around. I think being part of a team and being a little more loosey goosey may just be what the doctor ordered for him.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Oct-04-2010 14:22:

it pains me that I'm not watching the Ryder Cup right now....Go Europe...its all tied up with one match left.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Oct-04-2010 14:48:

all is right in the world again...the Ryder Cup goes back home to Europe.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-04-2011 19:16:

quote:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 brings Masters Tournament to consoles March 29

by JC Fletcher on Jan 4th 2011 1:00PM
EA's John Riccitiello recently reiterated his company's willingness to stick by Tiger Woods, and the announcement of the latest iteration of EA Sports's annual golf franchise shows that, mostly. For example, the new game still bears his name: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters.

But on the cover, Woods is de-emphasized in favor of another well-known name in golf, one who is unlikely to get itself into scandalous situations: the Masters Tournament. EA used "state of the art laser scanning technology" to replicate the course at Augusta National Golf Club for the tournament's PGA Tour series debut.

You'll be able to replay "Masters Moments" -- memorable events from past tournaments -- as well as the "Tiger at the Masters" mode, which allows you to play through Woods' four Masters wins by attempting to match or beat his scores from those winning tournaments. If you prefer a fictional golfer, you can play the new Career Mode and raise an amateur through the PGA ranks. Other features include a virtual caddie to dispense advice (and virtual clubs), and new playable golfers including Zach Johnson and Bubba Watson.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters will be released on PS3 (with Move support), Xbox 360, and Wii on March 29 in North America, and "worldwide" April 1. A $70 collector's edition will be released on PS3, which includes five additional courses.

Update: EA Sports president Peter Moore spoke to Eurogamer about the new cover and Woods' place in the series. Find quotes after the break.

This is probably the most excited I've been about this golf game in 5 years. To actually have The Masters and Augusta Golf Course on the game is unbelievable. I don't think I can wait till March.

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »