TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »

Posted by itsamemario on Jul-20-2012 14:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
GoSpeedGo!, is this you?

For the first half I was like "oh my god what an awesome person this must be, even if it's a fatty" and then he started talking about sucking his dick and it dawned on me that this was not written by a woman.

Posted by itsamemario on Jul-20-2012 14:47:

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Let me say up front that I don't think Nolan is a bad or thoroughly incompetent director, just a successfully pedestrian one. His Comic-Con fan base makes extravagant claims for each new film -- particularly since Nolan began producing his graphic-novel blockbusters with "Batman Begins" in 2005 -- but the movies are hobbled by thesis-statement screenplays that strain for significance and an ungainly directing style that seems incapable of, and uninterested in, illustrating more than one thing at a time: "Look at this. Now look at this. Now look at this. Now here's some dialogue to explain the movie's fictional rules. Now a character will tell you what he represents and what his goals are." And so on ... You won't experience the thrill of discovery while looking around in a Nolan frame. You'll see the one thing he wants you to see, but everything around it is dead space.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/...rk_knight_.html

good read and pretty spot on

This post totally sums up my thoughts on Nolan. Enjoyable films, but not good.

Posted by itsamemario on Jul-20-2012 14:50:

quote:
Originally posted by Nrg2Nfinit
end a trilogy right, but surely there will be more movies comming.

Yeah, with a new director I really want to see a Batman movie directed and written by Kevin Smith.
After seeing Red State, I am certain he would be able to retain the new gloomy feeling of the new movies, while also taking it back a step into the more fun Batman. Not too mention bonerific dialog between Batman and side-kick.

Posted by srussell0018 on Jul-20-2012 14:51:

Stop posting.

Posted by itsamemario on Jul-20-2012 14:57:

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
Stop posting.

Stop breathing.

Posted by love_child on Jul-20-2012 14:58:

Posted by RapidFire on Jul-21-2012 08:36:

definition of epic. easily the greatest action movie I've ever seen and aside from that (I'm not a huge fan of action for action's sake) an emotional rollarcoaster. Nolan really has a gift for making you feel the menace / psychosis of his villains. This was also the only one where I really enjoyed the Batman character. the odds are so stacked against him and he's finally become that tragic figure that i've always admired the series for. Bane was an absolute monster...hathaway was great, gordon hewitt carried the heart of the film , and the rest of the cast was terrific as well. bale brought the unwavering hope and sacrifice to batman that i always wanted to see... just a brilliant film all around

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-21-2012 13:30:

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
the odds are so stacked against him and he's finally become that tragic figure that i've always admired the series for.

Bane was an absolute monster...

*spoiler*

The fact that the odds were stacked against Bruce/Batman as much as they were and he just brushes them aside like it is nothing is what really made this movie less believable then the others. The first time Batman and Bane fight, Batman gets absolutely slaughtered. He had zero chance to beat him at hand to hand combat and ends up getting his back broken.

He is left in a prison to recover, which only took him 5 months to recover from a broken back. Not only that, when he tried to climb out of the whole, he failed twice, falling which looked like at least 30 to 40 feets, WITH A ROPE TIED AROUND HIS BACK!!! Somehow this does not damage his back any further, he makes it out of the hole, travels all the way back to Gotham, and beats Bane in their second hand to hand combat match.

Give me a break.

By the way, is there a spoiler tag?

Posted by Lira on Jul-21-2012 13:58:

quote:
Originally posted by DOOMBOT

No, but here's what you can do:

<p style="background: #FFF; color: #FFF">ADD SPOILERS HERE</p>

That way, only those who highlight the paragraph will be able to read what you wrote

Posted by WittyHandle on Jul-21-2012 13:59:

I'm glad they fixed Batman's voice from how bad it was in Dark Knight, but in this one I had a hard time understanding Bane sometimes. I also thought his voice could have been more menacing, given how huge he was.

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-21-2012 14:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
No, but here's what you can do:

<p style="background: #FFF; color: #FFF">ADD SPOILERS HERE</p>

That way, only those who highlight the paragraph will be able to read what you wrote

Obrigado!

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-21-2012 14:02:

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I'm glad they fixed Batman's voice from how bad it was in Dark Knight, but in this one I had a hard time understanding Bane sometimes. I also thought his voice could have been more menacing, given how huge he was.

I don't know man, I almost fell out of my seat from laughing so hard when

he asked Bane where the detonator was towards the end of the movie.

But yeah, couldn't understand what Bane said sometimes, even with his voice amplified.

Posted by Lira on Jul-21-2012 14:05:

Wait, it only works when I hit reply

This is supposed to work all the time... weird.

Posted by _Ocean_Drive_ on Jul-21-2012 16:35:

Just got back from watching DKR. Incredible. Thought that Bane made an excellent villain, and the voice was so eerily psychotic and intimidating. The 'rescue' sequence at the beginning was just simply EPIC. Great film.

Posted by Beatflux on Jul-21-2012 16:47:

Worst movie of the trilogy.

Posted by srussell0018 on Jul-21-2012 17:06:

Best movie in the history of cinema.

Posted by Nrg2Nfinit on Jul-21-2012 21:06:

I watched all 3 in a row at the theatre and i would have to disagree.

I think the second one tops both.

thats usually the case with trilogies.

Posted by Lews on Jul-22-2012 00:30:

As I thought it would be, it was extremely enjoyable, and very good for your standard Hollywood block-buster, but still suffered from Nolan's standard issues.

Far too much expository dialogue, smacking the audience in the face with things (a clean slate? like it deletes a persons record, completely cleaning their slate?), obviousness (it was clear who was the real villain almost from the start), and poor directing (look at this, now look at this, now look at this). Most of the time I was able to look past all of these (and the impossibility of a lot of the stuff) and greatly enjoy it, but occasionally it was too much.

Also, anyone else think Bane sounded like Sean Connery?

Posted by BTG on Jul-22-2012 02:08:

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
Worst movie of the trilogy.

really? the first one was pretty fucking borring. i haven't seen the new one, but...i mean..the first one sucked!

Posted by Quazar on Jul-22-2012 02:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Also, anyone else think Bane sounded like Sean Connery?

I read a review where, iirc, they said his voice sounded like Sean Connery imitating Patrick Stewart. :P

I thought his voice was fine, if a bit difficult to understand at times. It was definitely an odd voice, though.

I don't know yet where I'd place this one in the trilogy ranking-wise. I love them all for different reasons. Batman Begins was awesome because of the ninja training and all of the "Batman as detective in the shadows" stuff. TDK was awesome because of the Joker and capturing the senseless insanity of Batman's Rogues Gallery. And TDKR is awesome for providing Batman with an overwhelming challenge of brute force and deliberate destruction.

Posted by RapidFire on Jul-23-2012 08:12:

quote:
Originally posted by DOOMBOT
*spoiler*

The fact that the odds were stacked against Bruce/Batman as much as they were and he just brushes them aside like it is nothing is what really made this movie less believable then the others. The first time Batman and Bane fight, Batman gets absolutely slaughtered. He had zero chance to beat him at hand to hand combat and ends up getting his back broken.

He is left in a prison to recover, which only took him 5 months to recover from a broken back. Not only that, when he tried to climb out of the whole, he failed twice, falling which looked like at least 30 to 40 feets, WITH A ROPE TIED AROUND HIS BACK!!! Somehow this does not damage his back any further, he makes it out of the hole, travels all the way back to Gotham, and beats Bane in their second hand to hand combat match.

Give me a break.

i have to disagree with you there. the fact that the majority of the film is spent on Bruce sitting in that cave gathering his strength (both physical and mental) lends massive credibility to his comeback. the symbolism behind the jump is what makes his fight with at the end believable...conquering his biggest hurdle by becoming just as tough as Bane.

I'm sure there are a million ways to nitpick at this film, and it's always some small plot hole or "unrealistic element" (no shit its a movie about a guy dressed as a bat) which people seem to point to because the truth is; the writing, the cinematography, the acting and pretty much all of its other aspects are phenomenal. this coming from a guy who had unrealistically high expectations after TDK. take the other films out of the equation, if you will, and judge it on its own merit...this blows away 90% of films out there and certainly every other comic book movie ever made (with perhaps the exception of its own predecessor)

Posted by Sushipunk on Jul-23-2012 08:40:

I saw it today, and I really liked it.

There were some parts that were lame, but some parts that were good.

Like most movies.

Carry on though, guys.

Posted by Juan Paulino on Jul-23-2012 10:08:

I thought it was awesome, great movie

Anne Hathaway was lookin smokin

Posted by drEamer on Jul-23-2012 18:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Paulino
I thought it was awesome, great movie

Anne Hathaway was lookin smokin
i dont normally like the way she looks...but in that suit, that body was BANGIN

Posted by srussell0018 on Jul-23-2012 19:00:

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
judge it on its own merit...this blows away 90% of films out there and certainly every other comic book movie ever made (with perhaps the exception of its own predecessor)

Clearly you haven't seen Daredevil

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »