TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- How Do You Become A Moderator?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by rdevito on Aug-19-2012 14:52:

How Do You Become A Moderator?

I'm curious: What's the story behind the moderators of this forum? How did you become one?
And how the 'recruiting' works?

It's about what: being a nice guy, help people, Swamper's friend, money contribution, musical knowledge or having a big file host for our mixes ?

Posted by lacksesepsotygh on Aug-19-2012 15:35:

10 000 posts

Posted by Deillon on Aug-19-2012 15:54:

suck enough cock

Posted by OrangestO on Aug-19-2012 16:20:

Do mods get paid? Perks?

If not, anyone wanting to be one must be a loser with too much time on his or her hands.

Posted by Lagrangian on Aug-19-2012 16:24:

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Do mods get paid? Perks?

are you really that dense? is this the first forum you've ever subscribed to?

Posted by OrangestO on Aug-19-2012 16:30:

quote:
Originally posted by Lagrangian
are you really that dense? is this the first forum you've ever subscribed to?

Actually, yes. The first and only.

You seem to try to gain my attention whenever the chance presents itself.

Would you like me to PM you, fag?

Posted by Lagrangian on Aug-19-2012 16:36:

you're too fucking easy

NEXT!

Posted by OrangestO on Aug-19-2012 16:38:

quote:
you're too fucking easy

Your mom is.

Posted by Lagrangian on Aug-19-2012 16:50:

quote:
Your mom is.

have you ever played any kind of competitive sport, chump?

Posted by Direct on Aug-19-2012 16:55:

"You come here every day, several times a day, post in every other thread and the only friends you have in life are on here. Congratulations a winner is you."

Posted by OrangestO on Aug-19-2012 17:12:

quote:
have you ever played any kind of competitive sport, chump?

Yea, it's called banging your mom.

Posted by rdevito on Aug-19-2012 17:47:

quote:
Originally posted by lacksesepsotygh
10 000 posts

Didn't think about this.

Posted by meriter on Aug-19-2012 18:50:

Posted by rdevito on Aug-19-2012 18:58:

Posted by Lira on Aug-19-2012 19:28:

quote:
Originally posted by rdevito
I'm curious: What's the story behind the moderators of this forum? How did you become one?

Oh, hai!

It happened some years after the turn of the millennium. Everybody was happy and excited about the dawn of a new era, and there were different threads trying to gather people to create loads of regional forums. There was one for Spain, one for Portugal, one for South America, one for New Mexico, one for Central America, one for Ibiza, and one for a drunken Chinese guy lost in Macao.

I then convinced everyone that it would be better if we all joined forces and created just one or two regional forums, and I then had to take care of the mess since I was the one to blame for that (and could speak both languages at the time). I would mow the lawn on Thursdays, and take out the trash every Saturday. Eventually I had to dispose the body of the drunken Chinese guy from Macao, as he had insulted some Chinese officials.

In order to deal with this international crisis, I took care of the PDD, and... yeah, that's pretty much my story.
quote:
And how the 'recruiting' works?

You're usually chosen by public acclaim (regional forums often have polls for moderators), resourcefulness, and whether or not the person is trustworthy.
quote:
It's about what: being a nice guy, help people, Swamper's friend, money contribution, musical knowledge or having a big file host for our mixes ?

I've never met Swamper in my life, but I did have to send him naked pics for security reason. Or so I heard.

As for my musical knowledge, I knew a fair deal about electronic music until a few years after I became a moderator, but I eventually had to stop arsing about and had to study for my actual job instead. Also, tranceaddict does not support file sharing.

Posted by Intellekshual on Aug-19-2012 19:54:

I have it on good authority that being passionate about birds and big-breasted birds is mandatory. I don't see anyone but Stu and Lira being suitable for moderating these forums.

Posted by EddieZilker on Aug-19-2012 20:25:

I can tell you, but first you must do the following to prepare for the penultimate transmogrification between the fifth and seventh bardo of evolutionary consciousness. If you haven't started your journey, I highly recommend purchasing The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. Read it and Melody Beattie's book, Codependent no More, while listening to Lost Tribe's "Gamemaster", on repeat, through a large-venue, JBL commercial PA installation.

It is important for you to alternate between each page of both books, for this to take effect. As you collate their pages, allow them to form a new set of instructions - made larger than the sum of their parts by your unholy fusion of self-help literature - that you must follow. Do this in one sitting with no food or water. Do not sleep until you are finished.

Once you have made manifest, through the law of attraction, a loveless, passionless, and meaningless relationship with a nurturing, helpful, and ultimately selfless, Range Rover salesman, you are ready to move onto the first step for obtaining moderating privileges.

You will need the following:

1. Fifty five-gallon buckets of commercial-fisherman grade chum
2. A trampoline
3. An above-ground, kidney shaped pool with at least 15,000 gallons of water and walls no higher than the height of the trampoline.
4. Duct tape
5. One abandoned industrial lot having a twenty-five-foot privacy fence and 10,000 square feet of warehouse space.
6. One football helmet
7. A cubit by cubit recreation of the Ark of the Convenant as it is described, in the Bible's Old Testament.

As soon as you have one through six, I might be able to send you #7, provided you can spring for shipping.

Posted by Joss Weatherby on Aug-19-2012 20:37:

quote:
Yea, it's called banging your mom.

Thats actually not that much of a competition...

If she was in the olympics she'd be expelled for failing to compete and letting everyone win all over her.

Posted by Intellekshual on Aug-19-2012 20:41:

'Mom insults' are so fucking lame and tasteless. Everyone who insults someone else's mother in an effort to hurt the person can eat a fucking bag of dicks. Idiots.

Posted by Coup on Aug-19-2012 21:08:

Years ago Tranceaddict had a chat room and a lot of the mods talked to Swamper most days in chat. I originally became mod of polls, then COR and MD, then Florida, then supermod, then admin entirely.

Swamper was/is quite reluctant to add new mods and I used to badger the fuck out of him for new mods. I think I got narcism, FallingMoon, Lira, Lucid, Allied Nations and montana into mod positions, most of which came about because they used the chat room or I spoke to them on msn/icq.

All so long ago now!

quote:
Do mods get paid? Perks?

If not, anyone wanting to be one must be a loser with too much time on his or her hands.

When I was a mod Tranceaddict was a lot more popular than it is now and when I used to go clubbing people were like "wow, you're a mod on tranceaddict". I didn't get any sex from it though.

Posted by OrangestO on Aug-19-2012 22:04:

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
'Mom insults' are so fucking lame and tasteless. Everyone who insults someone else's mother in an effort to hurt the person can eat a fucking bag of dicks. Idiots.

Your lover is lame and tasteless then, as well.

Posted by Mattsanity. on Aug-19-2012 23:16:

I'm glad TA has no neo nazi mods. From my experience on other forums, what would be considered a slap on the wrist is a permanent ban.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Aug-19-2012 23:22:

quote:
Your lover is lame and tasteless then, as well.

At least I got a back of tasty dicks out of it.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Aug-19-2012 23:23:

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
I'm glad TA has no neo nazi mods. From my experience on other forums, what would be considered a slap on the wrist is a permanent ban.

Mattsanity for TA mod!

Posted by Coup on Aug-19-2012 23:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.

This forum has always been very loosely moderated when it comes to behaviour.

I am a regular on a computer technical forum and I have two warnings against my name. One for calling a user a clown and another for saying "you have no clue what you're talking about".

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »