TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The MMA thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »

Posted by Arbiter on Jun-27-2010 04:45:

You can't get sloppy on the ground with a two time BJJ world champion.

Posted by T_ALI on Jun-27-2010 05:01:

All the greats have lost atleast once. I still think he's the best!!! All you haters can FUCK OFF!!!

Example:

+ GSP, CroCop etc.......

Posted by Renzo on Jun-30-2010 19:53:

Brock by TKO in the 2nd round.

Posted by Nerologic on Jun-30-2010 20:20:

quote:
Originally posted by T_ALI
I KNOW he's the best!!!

Fixed.

Anyone that doubts Fedor is best lb per lb is a F'ing n00b. Seriously. I actually like Fedor more now after his loss, then prior. I always thought that Fedor was the best lb per lb, but just to see how humble he is after loosing on Saturday, shows to me how much of a stand up guy he is.

Posted by koky69 on Jul-01-2010 04:50:

I heard Fedor will be in the next The Ultimate Fighter

Posted by Direct on Jul-04-2010 02:07:

http://atdhe.net/19023/watch-ufc-116-lesnar-vs-carwin

Posted by The17sss on Jul-04-2010 02:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Direct
http://atdhe.net/19023/watch-ufc-116-lesnar-vs-carwin

that link isn't working... I mean, it is but it says "stream not found" in the video window. fuck!!

Posted by Direct on Jul-04-2010 02:17:

Try re-opening it. Or open it with a different web browser. If it ask you to install veetle to watch it, do so.

Or try this link
http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4b04dc44eca67

Posted by The17sss on Jul-04-2010 02:23:

quote:
Try re-opening it. Or open it with a different web browser. If it ask you to install veetle to watch it, do so.

Or try this link
http://www.veetle.com/index.php/cha...w#4b04dc44eca67

sweet! that veetle link works. is it happening live?

Posted by Direct on Jul-04-2010 02:29:

quote:
Originally posted by The17sss
is it happening live?

Yup

Posted by The17sss on Jul-04-2010 02:30:

quote:
Yup

Dude this is fantastic. Thanks!!!

Posted by Nerologic on Jul-04-2010 04:01:

Velasquez > Carwin > Lesnar UFC only of course.

Aki vs Leben = wow

Might be better then the main event. Especially if Lesnar just sits on Carwin...

Posted by Arbiter on Jul-04-2010 06:49:

Sad that Akiyama lost, but the guy needs a gas tank. For that matter, so do a bunch of other dudes on this card, most notably Shane Carwin. That was just embarrassing.

I wasn't very high on either Carwin or Lesnar going into this fight, and I feel like the fight justified my feelings about both guys pretty well. Carwin just isn't a very good fighter. Hitting hard will only get you so far when your technique is mediocre and you have no cardio. On the other hand, Lesnar couldn't take down Carwin until he was totally gassed out, and he panics every time he gets hit. You have to admire his toughness, and his developing submission skills, but I still don't really see him as an elite heavyweight. His next fight will show a lot, because Velasquez is the real deal.

I also enjoyed Gerald Harris' great knockout slam of Dave Branch. I noticed that Harris was flashing my boy King Mo's hybrid boxing-wrestling stance, as well. It was a good win, but it's time for him to get on the main card instead of fighting debuting fighters, even talented ones like Branch.

George Sotiropoulos also impressed, even though I thought he dropped the last round. He soundly outboxed Pellegrino for the overwhelming majority of the fight, and also took it to him on the ground in the second round. I didn't really understand Pellegrino's gameplan in the fight. It seemed to me like the only way he could really win was by working his top game, but he didn't even seriously pursue a takedown until the third round.

Even though 116 wasn't the greatest card on paper, it definitely delivered in terms of action.

Posted by Boomer187 on Jul-04-2010 07:23:

it was better than most cards.

I was disappointed in Sexyama and Carwin, but I was entertained.

Posted by iammesol on Jul-04-2010 19:22:

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
Even though 116 wasn't the greatest card on paper, it definitely delivered in terms of action.

my thoughts exactly!

Posted by Renzo on Jul-04-2010 19:35:

Some great fights last night.

The way Carwin started, I was convinced he was gonna finish Brock off and, yet, Brock somehow managed to survive the onslaught and layed down a nice submission. Carwin had nothing left in the tank after that 1st round.

Posted by wotyzoid on Jul-04-2010 19:39:

Fuck, man. Who's gonna beat this guy already?!

Posted by Nerologic on Jul-04-2010 19:39:

Uhhhhh......UFC fails to realize that Fedor is the badest man in the planet not Lesnar.

It was funny to see Rogan say that Lensner is the badest mother-Fer ever, when he himself has said that Fedor is BEAST!

But I have to give it up to Lesnar, I have more respect for him now then before. I was a Lesnar hater until last night. His humbleness, even if it was "fake," to me shows that he is a good man. And I can't hate on that.

Posted by Nerologic on Jul-04-2010 19:42:

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Fuck, man. Who's gonna beat this guy already?!

Velazquez or Overeem.

Posted by koky69 on Jul-04-2010 20:20:

this looked like the first round

Posted by Joss Weatherby on Jul-04-2010 20:22:

..........MMA = Male on Male Anal..........

Posted by koky69 on Jul-04-2010 20:53:

You guys know Dana White made a killing. Or as Renzo says. Or maybe he was drunk and lovey dovey

The UFC handed out their usual bonuses last night at UFC 116, but on this night an extra bonus was handed out for an extra "Fight of the Night" that was just the beginning of an awesome night of fighting.

The "Knockout of the Night" bonus went to Middleweight, Gerald Harris for his third round knockout over Dave Branch. The knockout came when Branch went for a flying triangle choke and Harris caught him and slammed Branch on his head, knocking him out cold.

UFC Heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar shocked everybody by picking up "Submission of the Night" with his arm triangle choke victory over Shane Carwin in the second round.

The first "Fight of the Night" bonus went to Light Heavyweights, Stephan Bonnar and Krzysztof Soszynski for their two round battle that saw Bonnar pick up the TKO victory.

The second "Fight of the Night" bonus went to Chris Leben and Yoshihiro Akiyama who had an amazing three round fight that saw everything in this fight. A slugfest that turned out to go to the ground and saw Chris Leben pick up a victory via triangle choke in the third round of the fight.

Posted by Renzo on Jul-04-2010 21:10:

I'm glad both of those fights got the Fight of the Night bonuses. They were both terrific.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jul-04-2010 21:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
Some great fights last night.

The way Carwin started, I was convinced he was gonna finish Brock off and, yet, Brock somehow managed to survive the onslaught and layed down a nice submission. Carwin had nothing left in the tank after that 1st round.

Why would he have anything left...he's never had to go more then 5 minutes. All brock had to do was make it past the first round and the fight was his.

Posted by shaw on Jul-04-2010 21:37:

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Why would he have anything left...he's never had to go more then 5 minutes. All brock had to do was make it past the first round and the fight was his.

kinda funny to think that brock's stamina would make him an easy victor.

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »