TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The footy discussion thread
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »

Posted by Renzo on Apr-05-2011 19:10:

The footy discussion thread

Crouch got tossed.

Big loss for the Spurs.

Posted by Zyklon_Jay on Apr-05-2011 19:11:

yeah that part where they chased the ball around with no action for 90 minutes was intense

Posted by Renzo on Apr-05-2011 19:12:

Worst Italian ever

Posted by Zyklon_Jay on Apr-05-2011 19:17:

I'm only Italian when it suits me cholo, football is like curling except the athletes drive nicer cars and are married to chicks that weigh less than them.

Posted by Renzo on Apr-05-2011 20:34:

Inter is getting spanked.

Posted by Meat187 on Apr-05-2011 20:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
Inter is getting spanked.

Worst Italians ever.

Posted by wotyzoid on Apr-05-2011 20:40:

They gave up.

Posted by Adamo on Apr-05-2011 21:28:

jesus jay...you've lost my e-respect with those comments...yeah hockeys so much better dump the puck and chase it into the corner with 4 guys fisting for the puck between their feet then get into a fistfight.

Todays games were incredible 4-0 and 5-2 with amazing goals and great action from both games. Something tells me your not fully wop, prolly half jew.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Apr-06-2011 00:07:

Question for those of you who watched the games: The games run at the same time, correct? So do you watch both at the same time, or watch one and follow the scoreline of the other, or what? I watch the games on FSN here and they air them back to back. I like it this way, but if I make the mistake of jumping online between the two games the second is often spoiled for me.
I found this thread at halftime of the Inter - Schalke game

Anyway, I wasn't able to watch all of the Madrid game - just the first 20 minutes or so...by the time I left Spurs already seemed doomed.

I really enjoyed watching Schalke pummel Inter, though. I've always enjoyed watching Inter lose. Some part of me detests Italian soccer. The only team I ever really followed when I was younger was Barca, and I still consider myself part of their (bandwagon) fan-base. Tomorrow should be fun

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Apr-06-2011 00:17:

You have to pick one game and catch the highlights of the other. Since I don't have satellite TV I have to go to the pub to watch a match, and that always means you end up watching whichever match features an English team. This can be really annoying when the televised game is some ditchwater 0-0 between Chelsea and Copenhagen when Bayern and Inter are playing out a 3-2 classic in the other match.

Tonight was a similar situation. Yeah, we got four goals in the Madrid game, but Inter - Schalke looked like an all-time classic from the way the goal updates kept popping up. I did catch five minutes of highlights before leaving though. Stankovich's volley was pretty incredible - he did something last season in Serie A, as I recall.

Posted by LoveHate on Apr-06-2011 00:44:

you switch between two channels,

the spurs were terrible today. nevermind the refs decisions.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Apr-06-2011 07:36:

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
nevermind the refs decisions.

what are you referring to here? to send off the spurs player early in the game? I missed the tackle that lead to that, but heard the announcers say that "[the ref] really had no other option. [the guy who got sent off] made it too easy"

The games later today should be great. I just realized that Madrid and Barca could very well meet in the semis...won't that be somethin'....

Posted by Ian on Apr-06-2011 07:53:

As Jack said, we're inundated with british teams on our free channels which sucks because we'll get a crap chelsea/united game and miss Barca vs Shakthar which will probably be much better. Infact I'm so enthralled by the prospect of tonights game that I'm turning over to bbc1 for masterchef after 15 minutes of the 2nd half. I won't miss much.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Apr-06-2011 08:44:

you guys just get the one game on TV and then return to regular programming?

i don't really mind watching them back to back.

and do you really think chelsea vs. man u will be a boring game? I've never been a big premier league guy but I always figured that the most exciting match in Britain would have to feature those two teams...

Posted by Ian on Apr-06-2011 09:38:

in the UK, one game of each gameweek is on 'free to air' tv, ie. ITV. Our shows begin at 7:30, and the games kick off 15 minutes later. After full time, they have a bit of post match & then the 10 o'clock news is on.

On sky sports you have the other games via interactive. One cool feature is if you went onto sky sports xtra as was, and pressed red you had upto 8 games at once, and it would flash up goal alerts so if you pressed the red button it would take you & show you each & every goal as soon as they'd happened. It's a much better format but expensive if you're not planning on watching a lot.

I currently subscribe to ESPN online, I get NHL, NBA, MLB, some car racing forms, and football from germanys bundesliga, italy's serie a, some premiership/fa cup games and other random shit. It's about 1/4 the cost of sky and because I watch online I have an ISP imposed limit of 60gb a month which when you watch 2/3 games on a sunday and saturday and midweek stuff like europa league, soon gets close

Posted by Ian on Apr-06-2011 09:42:

my weekend offerings this week

5:00 PM BST
Live HD
LIVE SERIE A
Inter Milan v Chievo

Coverage from the San Siro as Leonardo's Inter Milan take on Chievo. The visitors earned a 2-1 win against their opponents in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.

Duration : 120 mins

7:45 PM BST
Live HD
LIVE SERIE A
Udinese v AS Roma

Serie A action from the Stadio Friuli where Udinese take on Vincenzo Montella's Roma. Udinese front man Antonio Di Natale is having another prolific season.

12:00 AM BST
Live
LIVE MLS
Philadelphia Union v NY Red Bulls

With Thierry Henry and Rafael Márquez in their team, the Red Bulls are expected to do well this season. Can Union do anything to stop them? MLS action from PPL Park.

11:30 AM BST
Live HD
LIVE SERIE A
Juventus v Genoa

Serie A action from the Stadio Olimpico di Torino, as Luigi Delneri's Juventus host Genoa. The home side secured a 2-0 win against their opponents earlier in the season.

2:00 PM BST
Live HD
LIVE SERIE A
Bologna v Napoli

Action from the Stadio Renato Dall'Ara as Alberto Malesani's Bologna face title-chasing Napoli.

Duration : 120 min

4:30 PM BST
Live HD
LIVE BUNDESLIGA
Bayer Leverkusen v FC St Pauli

Bundesliga action from the BayArena, where Jupp Heynckes's Leverkusen face FC St Pauli. The visitors will be hoping to pick up points to avoid a relegation scrap.

#
8:30 PM BST
Live HD
LIVE NBA
Miami Heat at Boston Celtics

NBA action as LeBron James and the Miami Heat travel to TD Garden to meet Paul Pierce's Boston Celtics.

Duration : 150 mins
Add to calendar LIVE NBA 2011,04,10,20:30,PM 2011,04,10,23,00,PM NBA action as LeBron James and the Miami Heat travel to TD Garden to meet Paul Pierce's Boston Celtics.
#
11:00 PM BST
Live HD
LIVE NHL
Dallas Stars at Minnesota Wild

Another great hard-hitting matchup from the NHL.

Duration : 150 mins

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Apr-06-2011 13:31:

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
you guys just get the one game on TV and then return to regular programming?

If I had Sky TV and the sports package I'd have access to any of the games plus full repeats afterwards. But I don't, so I have to go the pub and be at the mercy of the masses.

Posted by trunks1022 on Apr-06-2011 15:38:

if i had sky tv i'd just fap all day to SJM.

Posted by Frenkieee on Apr-06-2011 17:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
in the UK, one game of each gameweek is on 'free to air' tv, ie. ITV. Our shows begin at 7:30, and the games kick off 15 minutes later. After full time, they have a bit of post match & then the 10 o'clock news is on.

Pretty much the same in Holland, except that they show all highlights of the other match after the post-match.

We do have an extra sports channel though, which will cost you. Luckily for me, this month is free (an offering from the digital tv provider). Unfortunately, both channels will air Chelsea - Man U tonight, so I'll only get to see the highlights of the Barca game.

If Chelski-ManU is going to end up in 0-0 I'm going to be pissed.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Apr-06-2011 18:02:

first game airing for me today is the chelsea-man u also...and i have an evening class so i'll only get to watch the first 15 min or so of the barca game. sucks

are man u the stronger side this year or what?

Posted by DJ Mikey Mike on Apr-06-2011 18:31:

United will probably luck their way through this one over the two legs. Red nose pointing at his watch in the 102nd minute. The cunt.

Posted by Ian on Apr-06-2011 18:32:

I'd take it for another Drogba camera rant. Showing Rooney how to do it properly.

Posted by Renzo on Apr-06-2011 19:24:

That Iniesta guy is pretty good.

And stuff.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Apr-06-2011 19:36:

wish i were watching the barca game instead haha
this game has been alright though. chelsea really should have got that one in before half

Posted by Frenkieee on Apr-06-2011 19:37:

The last 2 minutes made up for those lousy other 44

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »