TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Friday 262: we late
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by Zoso on May-02-2020 16:10:

Friday 262: we late

Friday 262, but on a Saturday! Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads! Someone either come to TN and mow my 2 acres of hell, or ship me some Percocet so I can do it.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-02-2020 17:00:

Hillbilly heroin checks out.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-02-2020 19:43:

Not as nice as it was supposed to be today, so instead of going on a nice long family bike ride, we are holed up inside reading and playing "shopping at the market". I've also been doing some real shopping to redecorate our daughter's bedroom, mostly out of boredom.

Posted by Lews on May-02-2020 21:42:

Jenny, just close that fucking red pill thread, for the love of the gods.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-02-2020 21:49:

Posted by planetaryplayer on May-03-2020 00:07:

was going to reply hours ago, i forgot what i wanted to say, i fell asleep, i did nothing. i made a burger i am so fat

Posted by OrangestO on May-03-2020 07:42:

I've been home alone all weekend. Hopefully that ends tomorrow.

Have stayed on the decks pretty much the entire time aside from pausing for deliveroos.

Will do some batch cooking today so we're settled for food for the week. I'm thinking a chili and stir fry.

Exciting stuff. Might even go crazy and buy a shower curtain.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-03-2020 09:58:

My partner has been back at work since Friday, so it doesn't feel much like the weekend to me and I've been on my own all day for the first time in this lockdown, which has made things a lot more tedious.

Posted by Zoso on May-03-2020 12:46:

Absolutely fabulous weather here in TN this weekend. We're in one of our a rare, cool "extended spring" weather patterns. Usually by May, it's mid to upper 80s and very high humidity. Looking at the 10-day forecast, we have a few days next week with highs only in the 60s and lows in the 40s (F). I was going to hit up the cabin last night, but my younger one and her bf called at the last minute and asked to stay. They are bottle feeding a baby kitten, so there was no way I was staying down there and listening to that thing cry all night. I gotta drive down in a bit and verify they didn't get hammered on purple drank and burn the thing down.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 16:09:

Call me old school, but every time someone says "my partner", I get images of the 2 dudes in The Birdcage.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-03-2020 16:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Call me old school, but every time someone says "my partner", I get images of the 2 dudes in The Birdcage.

Technically she's my "fiancée" but I feel like a complete wanker writing that, especially as it's been the case for almost two years now. "Girlfriend" obviously doesn't cut the mustard either.

I walked into the city centre this afternoon for the first time since lockdown began. Ghost town. Walking past all the shut pubs and bars hit me right in the gut. Fuck, I want to go for a pint with my mates.

I got to thinking the government should start deliberately infecting low risk people in batches to build up herd immunity. You lot: take two weeks off work. Make sure you've got everything you need - we'll deliver if necessary. Report in if things get bad. Anyone got any better suggestions?

Posted by OrangestO on May-03-2020 17:03:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Technically she's my "fiancée" but I feel like a complete wanker writing that, especially as it's been the case for almost two years now. "Girlfriend" obviously doesn't cut the mustard either.

Yea, I use partner for the same reason.

If it wasn't for corona, she'd be wifey already. What's your holdup?

Hope my suit still fits right in September. I've been getting my buff on

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 17:04:

quote:
Call me old school, but every time someone says "my partner", I get images
of the 2 dudes in The Birdcage.

Lol.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-03-2020 17:13:

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Yea, I use partner for the same reason.

If it wasn't for corona, she'd be wifey already. What's your holdup?

We bought a house six months after I proposed and it has been devouring our finances ever since.

To be honest, I'm not really keen on having a wedding day at all. I hate everything about them, and also my mother is extremely ill and probably wouldn't be able to attend, which takes off whatever gloss remained with the concept. My vote was for us to just get married privately with a couple of witnesses and then go travelling somewhere, which has obviously been deep sixed by all this bullshit.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 17:41:

quote:

I walked into the city centre this afternoon for the first time since lockdown began. Ghost town. Walking past all the shut pubs and bars hit me right in the gut. Fuck, I want to go for a pint with my mates.

I got to thinking the government should start deliberately infecting low risk people in batches to build up herd immunity. You lot: take two weeks off work. Make sure you've got everything you need - we'll deliver if necessary. Report in if things get bad. Anyone got any better suggestions?

You seem like the bougie type that could get away with "my beau" while only looking like a bit of a plonker.

PS. No wedding is the best. Unless it's the broad dropping all the loot for her girlhood fantasy, that money is going towards a house. Nigga fuck your dreams. Mazeltov.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 18:03:

I love weddings when done properly. They're the ultimate party with everyone you want and nobody you don't. The problem is many people host shitty parties. Sort of like when people think they have awesome taste in decorating/design, but paint their rooms shit colours like orange-brown and forest green.

You don't have to drop a ton on a wedding, you just have to spend that money on/put effort into the right things, like excellent food, free booze/open bar, and top class music.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 18:21:

Money better spent elsewhere imo.

You're a broad, Pie. Of course you need that. I don't care what you say, I bet your hubby told you he was excited and loved it, but deep inside disdain wells inside at money squandered. I hope you bought him a diamond engagement ring too. Get your outdated, patriarchal traditions out of here, bro.

I got out of the traditional Chinese wedding by saying that wearing trad Chinese costumes would be cultural appropriation and a microaggression against the people of the Middle Kingdom.

Posted by planetaryplayer on May-03-2020 18:32:

Three times a week I’m being pressured to propose. Agreed to like 40-50 person wedding max. I think she’s trying to get me to get her pregnant

Posted by OrangestO on May-03-2020 18:50:

quote:
We bought a house six months after I proposed and it has been devouring our finances ever since.

To be honest, I'm not really keen on having a wedding day at all. I hate everything about them, and also my mother is extremely ill and probably wouldn't be able to attend, which takes off whatever gloss remained with the concept. My vote was for us to just get married privately with a couple of witnesses and then go travelling somewhere, which has obviously been deep sixed by all this bullshit.

That's what our plan was - just us and our dads. Now it'll include our boy, which is the sweet silver lining of the postponement.

Edit: I just reread my reply and realized how insensitive it sounds. Wasn't my intention.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 19:03:

quote:
Money better spent elsewhere imo.

You're a broad, Pie. Of course you need that. I don't care what you say, I bet your hubby told you he was excited and loved it, but deep inside disdain wells inside at money squandered. I hope you bought him a diamond engagement ring too. Get your outdated, patriarchal traditions out of here, bro.

I got out of the traditional Chinese wedding by saying that wearing trad Chinese costumes would be cultural appropriation and a microaggression against the people of the Middle Kingdom.

Actually no. He comes from a large family and thoroughly enjoys weddings.

What it means to squander money is entirely subjective. I agree people should not spend money on what they cannot afford.

The cost of a wedding should not be some financially damaging event. If it is, you're doing a few things wrong.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 19:14:

I want to hear it from his mouth LOL

ps: money better spent elsewhere =/= financially damaging

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 19:26:

You may find it hard to believe, but for many people the cost of a wedding is non issue. Maybe you can only afford to do A or B, but lots of people can afford A AND B, still save for C, and also have extra money to burn.

Again, prob doing a few things wrong if a wedding is seen merely as a way to squander money. For people who love a fun party with their closest friends and family, it is a non issue.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 19:52:

Stop using butthurt weasel words and just spit the cost. Don't be slylee, now.

How much?

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-03-2020 19:56:

None of your business. The cost is irrelevant, that's the point.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-03-2020 20:04:

I guess tiny Pikey weddings have their charm too. Did you order Swiss Chalet?

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »