TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- For Rent: For your event / party: Blinker Wall v3.0 - Custom built, portable, LED light-wall

Posted by VETEZE on Jul-06-2012 13:52:

For Rent: For your event / party: Blinker Wall v3.0 - Custom built, portable, LED light-wall

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get these rented out a little bit more this summer. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. These are only available in Toronto and the surrounding area.

The latest and greatest Blinker Boxes were finished a couple weeks ago and I gave them a full weekend long test run at my annual "Summer Camp" party a couple weeks ago and they were installed at a second party on Canada Day.

In total there are 8 modular boxes consisting of 36 lights / box. They can be configured any number of ways. Each box is 43" (just over 3.5 feet) squared and 7" deep. They are very solid custom constructed in 1/2" plywood. They're interconnected with RJ45 (ethernet) cables which can be run up to 40 feet apart. They also have quick disconnects for power. The simplest way to configure them is to set them up end to end mounted on a wall like a picture or on stands. These new boxes are all sealed. There are no dangling cables. The "pixel density" is 7" square.

They're controlled through a piece of custom software that will run on any windows computer that has a USB output on it. This year we've added 4 new colour palettes into the mix as well as a couple new effects. The software has come a long way and the effects on the current build of the wall are stunning. You will not be disappointed with these lights. They produce a TON of light. The brightness level can be controlled in the software.

Rental rates are per installation and include delivery, setup, takedown and installation of the control software on any Windows (or OSX running parallels) PC. Multi-day events carry an additional charge.

The whole kit is $600/night (for 8 boxes) or $100/box/night (minimum 2 boxes). If the budget for your event is limited then get in touch with me to discuss possible options.

The assumption is that you or another tech will run the lights during your event. The software can be mastered in about 15 minutes. To have a lighting tech stay and run the software for you during your event is $200 for the first 5 hours and $40/hour thereafter.

Video of software running and lights @ most recent installation:

Close up video @ most recent installation:

Photos:

Most recent installation:

Previous installation. 4 boxes shown here. 2 mounted in a custom stand:

2 boxes here. 8 feet apart.

Posted by Swamper on Jul-06-2012 13:59:

Cool.

Posted by VETEZE on Jul-06-2012 14:05:

Definitely watch the two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsapGV2Bu6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn79FGga0cM

I guess it's not possible to embed youtube clips on here?

Posted by Swamper on Jul-06-2012 14:18:

huh? it's very possible - paste the embed code

Posted by GGM on Jul-06-2012 15:06:

Pretty sweet, goodluck in renting them out. Price doesn't sound too bad at all.

Posted by VETEZE on Jul-06-2012 15:15:

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
huh? it's very possible - paste the embed code

sometimes the answer is the simplest one...

Posted by Guest on Jul-06-2012 15:29:

Great stuff man, good to see some quality light rentals in Toronto starting up. Pretty decent price too

Posted by Magnetonium on Jul-08-2012 08:01:

I am interested in buying one of these. I am a mobile DJ with a lot of gear, and this is one concept that I am missing from my setup. Just could never find a company or a product that is reputable enough to get.

Posted by VETEZE on Jul-09-2012 19:21:

pm sent.

quote:
Originally posted by Magnetonium
I am interested in buying one of these. I am a mobile DJ with a lot of gear, and this is one concept that I am missing from my setup. Just could never find a company or a product that is reputable enough to get.

Posted by tranceOzone on Jul-11-2012 06:56:

this looks fkn awesome. wish i had the event to do this. cause i would. yeah.

Posted by -g- on Jul-14-2012 21:50:

it really did look great at our Bounce by the Lake jam on Canada Day!