TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.06.30-2012.07.01 Digital Dreams Music Festival
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »

Posted by Endlesswave on Apr-06-2012 01:53:

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
From what I hear, tix are:

Single day festival tickets start at $59.50
2-day festival tickets start at $79.50 (+ service charges).

Very nice very nice! I was thinking of doing NYC as well that weekend but who knows. Plans are still up in the air.

Posted by WithoutAngles on Apr-06-2012 02:40:

quote:

Are these available yet?

Posted by kaniz on Apr-06-2012 02:54:

Not mind blowing, but not horrible either. But, I can see the appeal to a broad range of people in Toronto - which is what a festival like this needs to not flop on the first year.

I hope this year goes well, and the festival continues to grow - and can have an opportunity to show case some of the more underground artists while still having enough main stream appeal to be successful. Curious to see what phase 2 will have.

Posted by LightsOut on Apr-06-2012 03:37:

quote:
Originally posted by WithoutAngles
Are these available yet?

Apparently tickets go on sale April 12

Posted by smuncky on Apr-06-2012 04:30:

quote:

not bad.

Posted by Dior Homme on Apr-06-2012 05:45:

quote:
Originally posted by itikia
Nice lineup thus far!! Toronto has needed a day festival for years I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition.

Day festivals are good because they retard the use of glowsticks... hopefully...

As mentioned before, no dubstep... so even better!

Posted by PivotTechno on Apr-06-2012 13:04:

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
where is pivot's disapproval?

Nothing further to say, just not my thing at all - have fun, everyone!

This is more my style:

http://www.backpackmusicfestival.com/

We'll be on a retreat up north, so sadly, won't be able to make it this year...

Posted by LightsOut on Apr-06-2012 13:37:

quote:
Originally posted by PivotTechno
http://www.backpackmusicfestival.com/

crazy lineup

Posted by Ferg on Apr-06-2012 14:13:

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Really surprised (and fucking thankful) there's no dubstep!

yet

Posted by planetaryplayer on Apr-06-2012 20:04:

i hope you dont have to walk through main stage to get to the other stage... i want luciano for phase 2 !

Posted by feelgood on Apr-06-2012 20:37:

Hoping for some more prog, and less drums. That 'ticky ticky' drum shit bores the hell out of me.

Posted by mindspin1 on Apr-06-2012 20:48:

quote:
Originally posted by feelgood
Hoping for some more prog, and less drums. That 'ticky ticky' drum shit bores the hell out of me.

you sound ridiculous.

Posted by PurpleHaze on Apr-06-2012 22:20:

This is great news, I'm in!

Posted by darouge11 on Apr-06-2012 22:42:

squillace/carola/tanzmann/ VATH

Posted by exstasie on Apr-07-2012 00:36:

Can't wait for this!!

Wonder what VIP is going include and cost

Posted by Cribby on Apr-07-2012 02:19:

I wonder if I can score some free tix since I work for Rogers.. Hmm..

Posted by jchung52 on Apr-07-2012 03:25:

Looks like fun regardless of the lineup. What else are you gonna do that day? Sit at your computer and bitch about why the lineup sucks? This should be attended by anyone/everyone who has some interest in electronic music. I'm surprised something like this got approved by the city (or its a a grab at cash to help fund the renos). The success of this festival will help pave way for future events that will cater towards more diversity. The current lineup guarantees attendance. More attendees will allow future "risky" bookings or stages

Posted by Mach X on Apr-07-2012 06:22:

When is Phase 2 released?

Posted by planetaryplayer on Apr-07-2012 07:11:

was talking to some1 who claimed they were a promoter/behind this @ fw thursday and he didnt give any hints or nothing but kept mentioning afrojack = [ hoping for some nice after parties even though its gunna be a bitch going back to etobicoke then heading downtown right after on ttc

Posted by Special K on Apr-07-2012 14:41:

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
When is Phase 2 released?

In may apparently ...

Posted by Intangible on Apr-07-2012 16:30:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
Looks like fun regardless of the lineup. What else are you gonna do that day? Sit at your computer and bitch about why the lineup sucks? This should be attended by anyone/everyone who has some interest in electronic music. I'm surprised something like this got approved by the city (or its a a grab at cash to help fund the renos). The success of this festival will help pave way for future events that will cater towards more diversity. The current lineup guarantees attendance. More attendees will allow future "risky" bookings or stages

Great post.

Posted by london_ta on Apr-09-2012 15:09:

I can't see attending this if its more than $100 for the 2 day pass. I've seen all these DJ's SOOOOO MANY TIMES. If the weather pans out I may buy a last minute ticket for one day but truthfully I'd rather enjoy the free Pride parties that weekend.

Posted by CMR on Apr-09-2012 18:37:

Tickets are apparently starting at $80 for a 2-day pass.

Posted by Guest on Apr-09-2012 18:54:

This is my birthday weekend. My birthday is that Friday

I really want to attend this as it's Toronto's first open air festival and it's a pretty sweet location, but at the same time Pride stuff is going on all day Sat/Sun.

I'm considering just getting a one-day pass for this, most likely on the Saturday, as Gerber in a festival setting = epic sauce. Although I'd be missing the Art Department beach party... shiet. Decisions decisions.

*edit: On the other hand, the festivities will probably be better on July 1st, so I'll probably go Sunday instead. Lol. Still, tough choice.

Any suggestions?

Posted by darouge11 on Apr-09-2012 19:08:

guv charged over 100 dollars for their two day festival last year... I wouldnt mind spending the same amount for:

a) Better line up
b) its fuckin outdoors/all day
c) the fact that almost everyone I know will come out for something like this (im sure loads of YOUR friends too)

Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »