TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Montreal
-- Roll Call : Richie Hawtin @ Stereo May 18

Posted by Romchik22 on May-13-2012 21:43:

Roll Call : Richie Hawtin @ (((STEREO))) May 18

Never seen this guy before, only heard good things about his past performances in Montreal. Very excited to see him. Hope it'll be dark/techy. Anyone joining?

Posted by Spin Laden on May-13-2012 22:20:

Whitney Winehouse wknd, this would be the opening party . 50/50 so far

He played lots of tech house when I saw him at BPM in Jan

Posted by ostrich on May-13-2012 22:24:

I'll most probably pass by

Posted by Maher Daniel on May-13-2012 22:52:

thur after the Hot Natured party at telus !!!! Im warming things up for Jamie and Lee so its gonna be a fun filled action party

Posted by Casa on May-14-2012 02:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Maher Daniel
thur after the Hot Natured party at telus !!!! Im warming things up for Jamie and Lee so its gonna be a fun filled action party

LOL how many of us are playing during that weekend!?

Happy birthday in advance Nadir!

Posted by ostrich on May-14-2012 03:25:

Posted by corjay9 on May-14-2012 21:53:

Layo & Bushwackaaaaaa

Posted by Wiggs on May-17-2012 05:27:

Anyone have any info on the time slots for this party?

Posted by Yuri514 on May-17-2012 13:22:

I was planning to go this one, seen Richie in the past (not at Stereo) and he delivered a night of great techno madness, so I wanted to experience that on THAT sound system.

Change of plans though, after Digweed last weekend I must conserve health for DT on the 20th.

I am sure Richie will tear the roof off Stereo though. The guy is a pro.

Posted by Wiggs on May-18-2012 12:51:

Are all the Online Pre-sale tciekts for Hawtin already sold out for tonight. Maher or someone please tell me there will be tickets sold at the door? . Would be coming up from Ottawa for this so I would really appreciate the heads up, merci.

Posted by devnull on May-18-2012 15:01:

quote:
Originally posted by corjay9
Layo & Bushwackaaaaaa

They were the highlight the last time they were @ Stereo. Hawtin's set was average, gaiser was awesome as usual, and L&B were

Posted by ostrich on May-18-2012 15:03:

quote:
Originally posted by Wiggs
Are all the Online Pre-sale tciekts for Hawtin already sold out for tonight. Maher or someone please tell me there will be tickets sold at the door? . Would be coming up from Ottawa for this so I would really appreciate the heads up, merci.

Yes there will be tix sold @ the door

Posted by corjay9 on May-18-2012 17:37:

quote:
Originally posted by devnull
They were the highlight the last time they were @ Stereo. Hawtin's set was average, gaiser was awesome as usual, and L&B were

Agreed 100%, top 3 set I've ever experienced at Stereo easily. I've been flip flopping about going tonight all week, now a bunch of friends come out of the woodwork telling me they're going, and I'm getting the urge.

Posted by Spin Laden on May-19-2012 20:47:

lots of tech house, set was bit flat for my tastes, tons of dudes, overpacked on the dancefloor, tons of out of town, unshowered travel b.o., there you have it, a very deep analysis

Hawtin I thought was flat.. very tech housey set that didn't take me anywhere. Great to see Wiggs, Seany and friends from Ambien City, Ontario

Posted by DarknessBrotha on May-20-2012 05:08:

Unshowered travel b.o LMAO...........

Posted by Otaku2K on May-20-2012 16:04:

Relentless and mean

Posted by Seany on May-20-2012 22:09:

::Ritchie played a monstrous tech house set. His first 1.5 hr was really amazing! After that it became quite repetitive. The transitions and mixing was flawless very impressed with his skills. This was only my second time seeing him from the Guv and it was a lot less intense::

::Ambivalent played after and played an awesome set as well. Only got to see Layo and Buswacka for about 45mins and they played a nice warm up set before Rtichie came on::

::Crowd was a bit different from the other times I've been quite young and "hipster" type. The venue decor was awesome they had these blue led lights hanging all over the sealing in which was a nice touch to the setting. The turn out of the night was good, it was packed, but not to the point where there was no room to dance::

Overall great night! Always good partying with the troops- Spin, Wiggs, and Master Kush!