TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- FAO: Lira. A comprehensive guide on foreigners visiting the US
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]

Posted by Lira on Jun-06-2012 18:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
That's what the Breakfast Industrial Complex would have us believe. Sooooo many people skip breakfast entirely though, myself often included.

What do you have for lunch in such a short period of time then? Can you even go home and make your own food?

45 minutes is slightly better but I'm still astonished by all this. I wouldn't complain the standard was from 9-7 here just so we could wake up as late as you guys, but no way I'd ever accept having less than 2 hours for lunch. Food is sacred!
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Well at least we have two coolers stocked up with all kinds of free Coca-Cola products

On second thought, free Coca-Cola products are sacred as well

Have you ever had Guaraná Jesus? It's one of our local Coca-Cola company products:

THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD!!! (and incredibly sweet... and pink)

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-06-2012 18:45:

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
What do you have for lunch in such a short period of time then? Can you even go home and make your own food?

Well it depends... some days, I can niggle my way home to work from there in the afternoon, and just eat at home. Or leave work an hour early instead of taking a lunch break. Or I can bring lunch to work (cough!shutupyou). Or often I can get something fast from nearby... it's not too expensive or unhealthy if you aren't a total dumbass, but this is usually a last resort.

Posted by Lira on Jun-06-2012 18:51:

Oh, it's not as bad as I first thought then

For some reason I thought that's why there are so many more fast-food chains in the US

Posted by wotyzoid on Jun-06-2012 18:56:

quote:

For some reason I thought that's why there are so many more fast-food chains in the US

Probably true, actually.

Posted by ziptnf on Jun-06-2012 19:29:

quote:
On second thought, free Coca-Cola products are sacred as well

Have you ever had Guaraná Jesus? It's one of our local Coca-Cola company products:

THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD!!! (and incredibly sweet... and pink)

No, but I tried an Italian Coca-Cola beverage called Beverly once. Tasted like a Gin and Tonic without the Gin. Yuck!

Posted by Lira on Jun-06-2012 19:38:

A-ha! So I wasn't that far off then, Woty
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
No, but I tried an Italian Coca-Cola beverage called Beverly once. Tasted like a Gin and Tonic without the Gin. Yuck!

If you ever get the chance, try either Guaraná Kuat (actual Guaraná or Guaraná Jesus (Gayrana). I promise you won't regret it

Well, you might regret trying the Jesus one because it's way sweeter than most other drinks, but do it anyway

Posted by ziptnf on Jun-06-2012 19:39:

I need the Jesus inside of me.

Posted by Banora on Jun-06-2012 19:41:

quote:
with a 2-hour long lunch break.

Jesus fuck. I don't even get a lunch break, even when I work a 12 hour shift (granted I do fuck-all at the store, but still).

I'm pretty sure for every 8-hours you work you are legally allowed a 30-minute lunch, but most offices allow an hour. Really, though, unless you live close by there isn't enough time to go home so you run to the nearest fast food/deli/quick lunch spot, but it is pretty busy. When I work at Jimmy Johns in the summer I see people in line for over a half an hour. Pretty lame.

Posted by Acton on Jun-06-2012 19:43:

quote:
Originally posted by Banora
I don't even get a lunch break, even when I work a 12 hour shift

LOL

Sometimes I book a conference room for 3 hours and turn my phone off, just so I can have a nap.

Posted by ziptnf on Jun-06-2012 19:48:

TIL Banora works in a sweat shop

Posted by Banora on Jun-06-2012 20:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Acton
LOL

Sometimes I book a conference room for 3 hours and turn my phone off, just so I can have a nap.

Haha, I briefly worked in an office (and quit) where I would take a nap during my lunchbreak. The supervisor didn't like it too much, even when I started to nap in my car. Then again, this is also the guy who told me that I shouldn't browse the internet at work because he can't tell if I am browsing on work time or lunch time (I said if I had food in my hand/on my desk and it is around noon I am probably on lunch )

Posted by -FSP- on Jun-07-2012 05:29:

us americans love to be punctual. what's stupid is that we should just relax and time should be flexible. also, tipping is stupid.

everything also closes really early. my fun time is usually at 9pm and everything is closed or is closing at that time.

Posted by Sushipunk on Jun-07-2012 10:18:

quote:
Originally posted by -FSP-
everything also closes really early. my fun time is usually at 9pm and everything is closed or is closing at that time.

Could be worse. From what I understand, the state of Georgia (only this year) allowed the sale of alcohol on Sundays. Now that's some disturbing shit.

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]