TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »

Posted by jchung52 on Apr-10-2011 17:47:

It's gonna be a great day watching the Masters!

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-10-2011 17:56:

I've already told the wife I'm not doing anything for the next 5 hours.

Posted by cammaxwell on Apr-10-2011 19:04:

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
I've already told the wife I'm not doing anything for the next 5 hours.

lol...same!

Posted by jchung52 on Apr-10-2011 20:45:

my girl is watching with me.. well actually she just fell asleep on the futon hahahaa

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-10-2011 21:11:

wow....Rory has completely fallen apart and tiger is on the prowl. I sure as heck don't want tiger to win but if he does it will be a comeback of epic proportions.

Posted by cammaxwell on Apr-10-2011 21:11:

Wow....exciting tournament to watch! The leader just went from 1st to 7th and there's 6-7 contenders for the win now!

Awesome!

Posted by LightsOut on Apr-10-2011 21:30:

^^
So good right now! Tiger needs to birdie 17 & 18 to have a shot at it I think...... 12 under to win at the very least.

Watch out for Ogilvy, he's been lighting up the back 9!

Posted by Jay Leno on Apr-10-2011 21:52:

One of the better Masters I've ever seen!

Tiger needs to post a -11 to have a shot I think. There's too many people up top right now for -10 to hold up.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-10-2011 23:39:

I will admit I'm glad tiger didn't win....I really feel for Rory though...to shoot an 80 on the final day....that is going to hurt for quite some time.

This was probably one of the most memorable Masters in the last 25 years.

Posted by jchung52 on Apr-11-2011 00:18:

quote:

This was probably one of the most memorable Masters in the last 25 years.

So much fun watching a tournament where there are 10+ players within 1-3 shots of the lead. You can never count anyone out. Someone could make a string of birds like Geoff or someone could collapse on a few holes and play their way out of contention. Congrats to Schwartzel. It seemed like the tournament was meant to be his after the first and third holes lol. Might go hit a course this week as I'm hitting the ball pretty well already. Booya. I have a feeling golf is going to take much time away that I was planning for learning Ableton. 4 hrs of golf or 4 hrs of ableton lol...

Posted by Zyklon_Jay on Apr-11-2011 22:44:

who renamed the leafs thread?

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-11-2011 23:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
who renamed the leafs thread?

Posted by Zyklon_Jay on Apr-12-2011 19:22:

see you in 2 weeks chem

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-15-2011 00:28:

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
see you in 2 weeks chem

just for you

Posted by jchung52 on Apr-15-2011 03:24:

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

Hahaahah Wow

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-15-2011 12:22:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52

Hahaahah Wow

I couldn't believe it when I was watching it......at some point all you can do is just laugh at yourself.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on May-11-2011 18:27:

The game of golf has changed forever.

quote:
A golf ball that doesn’t slice? Miraculous!
Published On Mon May 09 2011

* Email
* Print
Share86 Rss

* Article

EDGEWATER, N.J. —What if there were a golf ball that went only straight? What if new engineering produced a golf ball that even the habitual hacker had difficulty curving left or right?

“That would be a miracle,” Dion Cooper, 26, said as he swatted balls last week at the Edgewater Golf Range in northern New Jersey.

Cooper’s drives were tailing off in the familiar arc of the classic golf slice. He was handed the new Polara golf ball, a sphere that looks and feels like any other golf ball, except for the tiny asymmetrical dimples designed to reduce slices and hooks by 75 per cent or more.

“Straight as an arrow,” he yelped with a mix of awe and surprise. For the next five minutes, Cooper rarely hit a ball crooked.

It is physics, not magic, but there is, of course, a catch. The Polara ball’s irregular dimple pattern means it does not conform to the official rules of golf. It would be illegal to play in the Masters, for example, or any other golf competition, local or otherwise, sanctioned by the United States Golf Association.

Dave Felker, the former Callaway golf ball engineer and executive behind the Polara, said his product was meant to grow the game because it is not for the elite golfer.

“It’s for the other golfers, the ones who rarely hit it straight,” Felker said. “It’s for people who want to be embarrassed less, play faster and enjoy it more.”

The Polara first entered the highly competitive, and lucrative, golf ball market in the 1970s. Felker, who left Callaway 11 years ago, has made substantial design and structural revisions to the original ball. With his partners, he introduced the revamped version last August. The ball is now stamped with an arrow, which must be pointed toward the intended target to achieve the anti-curving ball flight.

The Polara ball’s benefits come with some caveats. It does not correct misalignment. In other words, if you aim your body right or left — a problem almost as common as slicing — the ball will go in the direction of the misalignment.

Polara golf balls can be ordered internationally through the website at: http://polaragolf.com/contact/international-orders/. Several options are available but the cheapest is the “Ultimate Straight 2-pc” for $29.99, which includes 12 golf balls.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-04-2011 00:52:

Poor Weir….he really needs to get off the course and go work on his game. He has only made one cut and he finished dead last in that tournament. In every other tournament, but last week, he's missed the cut and finished in the bottom 10. If he was just missing cuts at least you could say he is close but this is just bad.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-15-2011 13:15:

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-17-2011 14:20:

Wow Rory McIlroy is destroying an incredibly hard course. He is truly a great all round golfer.....probably the best all round golfer since Tom Watson.

Posted by jchung52 on Jun-17-2011 16:15:

Nothing better than working from home today He's playing well... Let's see if he can avoid a Masters repeat

Posted by Sly_Guy on Jun-17-2011 19:01:

Golf is the most boring sport ever created. It sucks that I'm stuck living with people who are madly in love with the game. But good for Rory.....after that collapse earlier this year, it's nice to see him way ahead going into the weekend of a major.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-17-2011 20:11:

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_Guy
Golf is the most boring sport ever created. It sucks that I'm stuck living with people who are madly in love with the game. But good for Rory.....after that collapse earlier this year, it's nice to see him way ahead going into the weekend of a major.

I find golf nice and relaxing to watch. The most boring sport to watch is a tough choice between football and american football. I can understand why people feel the need to get absolutely wasted in order to watch either one of those sports. I would rather watch the grass growing on a golf course then watch either of those sports.

Posted by Spin Laden on Jun-17-2011 21:26:

quote:
Wow Rory McIlroy is destroying an incredibly hard course. He is truly a great all round golfer.....probably the best all round golfer since Tom Watson.

you have a link for the leaderboard?

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-19-2011 00:10:

http://www.majorschampionships.com/...oring/index.cfm

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »