TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The MMA thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »

Posted by Renzo on May-27-2011 07:16:

>

Posted by Zyklon_Jay on May-29-2011 17:17:

you gotta love a guy that is almost 7 feet tall getting superman punched.

matt hamill had no business being in that main event.

Posted by xtr3m on Jul-28-2011 17:10:

Posted by shaw on Jul-28-2011 17:21:

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
>

"I ain't with the Dougie."
"Go, Grizzlies"

Posted by Renzo on Jul-30-2011 02:32:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/...istair-overeem/

Posted by Nerologic on Jul-30-2011 21:19:

quote:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/...istair-overeem/

Who didn't see that one coming? lol

EDIT:

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-31-2011 04:35:

Herb Dean needs to go. Fedor wasn't knocked out. Man that was bad.

Posted by Renzo on Jul-31-2011 05:22:

Posted by Boomer187 on Jul-31-2011 08:05:

quote:
Originally posted by DOOMBOT

its tough, he was out for a second, but for a championship fight he has to let him fight out of it. he was rolling over. It most likely would not matter as Dan would have knocked him out again.

Posted by RapidFire on Aug-01-2011 06:51:

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
its tough, he was out for a second, but for a championship fight he has to let him fight out of it. he was rolling over. It most likely would not matter as Dan would have knocked him out again.

you never know... look at how fast Kongo scrambled after he got K.O'd.

bad call by a ref thats usually on point.

Posted by shaw on Sep-24-2011 22:12:

Ok, who ya got tonight?

Posted by Spam on Sep-24-2011 22:32:

quote:
Originally posted by DOOMBOT

Can't be nearly as bad as Yves Lavine. I've seen more than a few bad calls from him.

Fedor was out. It wasn't a bad stoppage, Henderson would have continued to smash him even after he rolled over.

I think Jones will win unless Rampage can land a bomb. I haven't seen Jones take any really solid punches yet (likely because of his super-long reach), if he gets caught by one, it'll be interesting to see if he keeps it together.

Posted by shaw on Sep-24-2011 22:43:

I think this is about as bad of a mis-match as there could be for rampage, considering the fact that all he wants to do is punch nowadays, and Jones won't let hm get within a mile. I suppose it's possible that he's learned some new tricks, but if the same old Rampage goes out there flailing away, this one is going to be over early.

Posted by Renzo on Sep-24-2011 23:20:

I'm pulling for Rampage, but I think Jones will win.

Posted by DOOMBOT on Sep-24-2011 23:46:

quote:
Originally posted by Spam
Can't be nearly as bad as Yves Lavine. I've seen more than a few bad calls from him.

Fedor was out. It wasn't a bad stoppage, Henderson would have continued to smash him even after he rolled over.

I think Jones will win unless Rampage can land a bomb. I haven't seen Jones take any really solid punches yet (likely because of his super-long reach), if he gets caught by one, it'll be interesting to see if he keeps it together.

Haha, you're right about Yves; he's pretty bad too.

I agree on your last point too. I think that Rampage is too slow to land that massive punch but it's not impossible. Hopefully it turns out to be a great fight, no matter who wins.

Posted by shaw on Sep-25-2011 01:24:

edit: nvm

Posted by shaw on Sep-25-2011 02:34:

Let's go Hughes. Beat those frilly frosted tips into his head, plzkthx.

Posted by Sushipunk on Sep-25-2011 02:36:

Every time this gets bumped, I read it as "The MDMA Thread".

Posted by shaw on Sep-25-2011 02:59:

quote:
Originally posted by shaw
Let's go Hughes. Beat those frilly frosted tips into his head, plzkthx.

Or not.

Posted by iclone on Sep-25-2011 03:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Every time this gets bumped, I read it as "The MDMA Thread".

+1

Posted by Renzo on Sep-25-2011 04:07:

So, yeah, that Jones kid.

He's ok at this MMA thing.

Posted by Spam on Sep-25-2011 04:24:

quote:
So, yeah, that Jones kid.

He's ok at this MMA thing.

I hear he has a good shot at the championship.

Posted by Nerologic on Sep-25-2011 09:12:

Rampage at one point didn't even know why to do, Rogan kept on pointing that out as well. Kinda sad.

Rashad is going to get a beat down, that reach advantage is just retarded...even more so with his lower style of fighting.

Posted by Spam on Sep-25-2011 14:33:

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Rampage at one point didn't even know why to do, Rogan kept on pointing that out as well. Kinda sad.

Rashad is going to get a beat down, that reach advantage is just retarded...even more so with his lower style of fighting.

The start of the fight was a big WTF moment for me, Jones crawling around like the animal-style fighter from Bloodsport.

A big LOL was had when Rampage caught him with a fairly good right, and Jones literally turned around and sprinted to the other side of the cage.

It was looking good for Rampage at the end of round 1, he took that elbow from Jones and I think gained some confidence that Jones probably wouldn't knock him out. You could see he started to be the aggressor and get inside the reach of Jones. Jones was having a hard time landing punches as well because of Rampage's great head movement. But, once Jones started unleashing more of those kicks in round 2, you could see that Rampage was going to have to land a haymaker to win the fight. He hit Jones with a couple of good stiff jabs, but for the most part, any time he got inside that reach, Jones would bolt, and good for him for doing it

Posted by netroM on Sep-25-2011 15:05:

not totally unrelated to the topic, Joe Rogan's podcasts are awesome and highly recommended.

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »