TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Classic old threads / Inactive Forums
-- Western Canada NHL Playoffs Thread - Flames vs. Canucks
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »

Posted by ChadVanDyk on Apr-04-2004 21:49:

The Western Canada TA Playoff Hockey Battle Begins.....Flames vs. Canucks

Flames in six....we have the Rocket Richard winner and the goalie with the best GAA in the NHL modern-era. The Bertuzzi-less Canucks backstopped by Cloutier are ripe for upset....if you can even call it an upset.

Go Flames Go!!!

Posted by Warez Guy on Apr-04-2004 21:57:

Booooo :P I say Canucks in 7

Posted by Sean Walsh on Apr-04-2004 22:04:

Canucks going in vs. a far lesser opponent on the tail of a 6 game winning streak, which has been possible due to hot goaltending and scoring from all four of our lines, with the top line on fire the past few games, led by the awesome play of Naslund and Morrison. Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt, while offensively the Flames have Iginla and... yeah that's it, Iginla. Canucks in 6.

Posted by keemoDavala on Apr-04-2004 22:15:

Smile

Flames in 7

Vancouver is gonna be tougher then Colorado, but flames are the dark horses of this tournament for sure,

even tho kipper has no playoff experience, he is so solid, and can play under pressure, i dotn think its gonna be a major problem, and if he cant handle it turek will step up.

Posted by ChadVanDyk on Apr-04-2004 22:18:

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Walsh
Canucks going in vs. a far lesser opponent on the tail of a 6 game winning streak, which has been possible due to hot goaltending and scoring from all four of our lines, with the top line on fire the past few games, led by the awesome play of Naslund and Morrison. Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt, while offensively the Flames have Iginla and... yeah that's it, Iginla. Canucks in 6.

"far less opponent" - Only a 7 point difference. Canucks won the series 3-2-1...barely..with a 16-13 goal difference.

"6 game winning streak" - Well done however the Coyotes, Ducks, Kings and Oilers are not very formidable. The wins against the Stars and Sharks are commendable

"Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt" - I'd rather have Kiprusoff then Cloutier anyday....lest you forget how he pooched the series against Detroit not too long ago.

It will be a great series...let the games begin.

Posted by DjCommisad on Apr-04-2004 22:44:

I'd rather play Calgary than Dallas, as a Canuck fan.

Kiprusoff is a hot goalie. Some say he should be considered for the league MVP. He could be this year's Giguere from last year.

I say, Canucks in 6. We're starting to play better defensively, Cloutier is confident. All our lines are scoring. And some non-physical players have picked up their physical game.

Calgary, while great defensively, have trouble being consistent scoring. They lost 2-1 today against Anaheim. Conroy is a joke. Iginla is great, but your depth at center is a bit shabby with Reinprecht out.

Posted by Godsound on Apr-04-2004 23:14:

Calgary in 7

But I think we can all agree that no matter who wins, this is going to be 1 intense and tough series.

Posted by j_spot on Apr-04-2004 23:16:

its series like this that make me like playoff hockey

Posted by mikefasssy on Apr-04-2004 23:31:

are you guys serious? im putting money on canucks in 4, calgary is going to be blown out of the water.

Posted by Mainerski on Apr-04-2004 23:58:

canucks in 5 or 6 ! no more no less!

Posted by Sean Walsh on Apr-05-2004 00:08:

quote:
Originally posted by ChadVanDyk
"far less opponent" - Only a 7 point difference. Canucks won the series 3-2-1...barely..with a 16-13 goal difference.

Fair enough, that was a bit pretentious =P

quote:
"6 game winning streak" - Well done however the Coyotes, Ducks, Kings and Oilers are not very formidable. The wins against the Stars and Sharks are commendable

Doesn't matter if it was six straight wins against Washington and Pittsburgh, we're going into the playoffs with a TON of momentum and best winning streak of the year. This means a ton for the players.

quote:
"Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt" - I'd rather have Kiprusoff then Cloutier anyday....lest you forget how he pooched the series against Detroit not too long ago.

Cloutier had a bad patch midway through the season, but was stellar at the beginning and has been stellar when it's counted: going into the playoffs. I'm not gonna start telling anyone he's the best goalie in the league, or even the top6 really, but I'm fully confident that he's good *enough* for our excellent team. The fact that he has the second most playoff experience of any goalie in the western conference means a heck of a lot as well.

quote:
It will be a great series...let the games begin.

Absolutely! Enough speculation, time to get down to some hockey.

Posted by kypez on Apr-05-2004 03:38:

GO FLAMES GO

GO FLAMES GO

Posted by j_spot on Apr-05-2004 03:41:

youve got pictures of Al there...does that mean you chear for St. Louis?

Posted by Joca on Apr-05-2004 04:59:

If Vancouver's defence, 2nd and 3rd lines produce like they have been, this series will be over shortly. I don't see this happening though but I still say that the Canucks will win in 6 or 7.

Posted by rayray on Apr-05-2004 05:59:

10 years ago and 10 years now. Need to say more?

Vancouver Canucks in 6!!

Might I also add I am wondering if someone from E-Town or Calgary can give me a hand here. I am thinking of planning a road trip down to Alberta on April 17th, 2004 to catch the game of Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames Game 6 providing Vancouver hasn't put out the Flames in Calgary yet. So if anyone in Calgary or Edmonton has tickets to the game or know of someone selling tickets, please let me know.

I am thinking of getting a few people down so far its just my bro and I. I am looking at about 4 - 6 tickets depending on the prices. I hope somneone can help me. Thanks!!!

Posted by jesten on Apr-05-2004 07:43:

I would have to say Canucks in 6 as well. Every game will be close as hell. I can't wait.

Posted by Thracky on Apr-05-2004 08:15:

Although Calgary lost to Anaheim, I can say it's not going to be a blowout by Vancouver at all. Calgary's been fighting hard and has beat some great teams in the last month or two. Not to mention first playoffs in 7 years, I don't think they're going to just let this go to waste.

Flames in 5 baby =P

Posted by Sean Walsh on Apr-05-2004 15:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Thracky
Not to mention first playoffs in 7 years, I don't think they're going to just let this go to waste.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

Posted by ChadVanDyk on Apr-05-2004 17:36:

I think Thracky might be referring to the playoff buzz created in this city and the momentum resulting from the resurgence of the infamous "C of Red". It's quite the phenomenon...deprivation sure does lead to appreciation.

In fact, our local hip hop station even did a cover of "In Da Club"...something like "In the 'Dome chillin' with Jarome..blah blah blah..with a C on my chest, bring the cup back to the west"

Only 57 hours to go.

Posted by j_spot on Apr-05-2004 17:52:

title change just for fun.
ill do it back after a few angry replies

Posted by jesten on Apr-05-2004 18:45:

The title change is ghey. About as ghey as the FLAMES!

Posted by MAINER on Apr-05-2004 19:13:

KNUCKERS!

As i am a leafs fan im not too worried about the outcome but van should win!!!!!!

Posted by DjCommisad on Apr-05-2004 20:24:

Re: KNUCKERS!

quote:
Originally posted by MAINER
As i am a leafs fan im not too worried about the outcome but van should win!!!!!!

even tho u were nice enough to say go canucks, im still going to say go ottawa. heheh.

Posted by kypez on Apr-05-2004 20:40:

My friend has tickets to all home games for the flames. He rubs it in my face. What a lucky bastard.

Posted by Sean Walsh on Apr-05-2004 20:44:

quote:
Originally posted by kypez
My friend has tickets to all home games for the flames. He rubs it in my face. What a lucky bastard.

All 2 of em eh? Nice!

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »