TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The MMA thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »

Posted by LoveHate on Sep-26-2010 04:50:

went from boring to KO of the night..

Posted by shaw on Sep-26-2010 04:57:

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
went from boring to KO of the night..

Should just give them each a NC.

Posted by Arbiter on Sep-26-2010 05:12:

The whole card felt like I was trapped in an MMA version of Apocalypse Now, with each fight delivering something more bizarre and troubling than the one before. Good fights with dreadful judging degenerated into slopfests, then bad fights with dreadful judging, then finally a non-fight for the main event.

Despite a brilliant effort from Evan Dunham, that was the worst UFC card I've seen in a a long time, all things considered.

Posted by Boomer187 on Sep-26-2010 06:21:

I am glad I did not buy this one.

Posted by shaw on Sep-26-2010 06:31:

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
I am glad I did not buy this one.

same.

Haven't bought one in a while, mainly due to crappy cards like this. Even then, I didn't imagine it would be this bad.

I probably fall into the .1% of people who will watch it, regardless, but will only pay to see a quality picture if the card is interesting enough.

Posted by Fledz on Sep-26-2010 08:55:

The most dissapointing thing about the main fight was that both of them are capable of so much more. So so soooooooooooooooooooooo much more, and they are both back in shape too.

I couldn't figure out which one was more scared of the other, and I guess the KO proves why. That could have happened to either one.
Still though, to see two veterans pussy foot around each other for 14 minutes in a main fight sucks ass. This is why title fights are the best because people actually have something to fight for.

As for Dunham, I'm just as stunned that he wasn't awarded the win.

Posted by shaw on Sep-26-2010 13:39:

quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
The most dissapointing thing about the main fight was that both of them are capable of so much more. So so soooooooooooooooooooooo much more, and they are both back in shape too.

Mir might be. Crocop is done. He's done this crap for every fight in the UFC, though this was an all-time low. He has no confidence in his kick anymore, and has no other game. It's like watching a golfer with the yips...if he refused to use any club other than his putter.

Posted by iammesol on Sep-26-2010 15:52:

Weird night of fights.

Matt Mitrione ftw! That dude gets better every time I see him.

Melvin Guillard is one fast motherfucker!

Lytle boxing is SO FUN TO WATCH!

Dunham won that fight. Wrestlers need to stop fucking hugging.

Bader vs. Jones will be AMAZING.

I knew Mir would win by KO because Cro Cop is so scared of people nowadays, but Mir's averge fight length is 3 1/2 minutes. What the FUCK was that 14 minute dance?

Posted by IL Duce on Sep-26-2010 20:06:

boring.

GSP tabarnak...Koscheck va se faire ramasser en calisse et on va toute danser la pountine avec un riddim plus furieux que IGK quand il decouvre que le petit gars a treize ans et non onze....

cocoa butta.

Posted by koky69 on Sep-26-2010 20:40:

The UFC has officially put together the worst night of MMA in history. Not only were the fights not great. But 2 fights in a row were clearly highway robberies ! Sherk clearly got his ass kicked for 2 rounds. And Stevens clearly beat Guillard The crowd didnt stop booing after the Steven Guillard fight. Im very disapointed in the sport and where its heading at the moment. Like my friend Renzo once told me. The UFC is turning into the WWE

Posted by Fledz on Sep-27-2010 00:16:

quote:
Originally posted by shaw
Mir might be. Crocop is done. He's done this crap for every fight in the UFC, though this was an all-time low. He has no confidence in his kick anymore, and has no other game. It's like watching a golfer with the yips...if he refused to use any club other than his putter.

That's not a fitness thing though, it's mental and I do agree with you there. He just seems scared to be the agressor.

I remember watching videos of him winning PRIDE and fuck me, it was like you couldn't keep him away from people. Probably why he attained "legend" status in MMA because he was such a rabid dog.
I don't know whether it's age or self confidence but he has to go from broke. He's 36, doesn't exactly have much time left.

He's fit again but I'm not so sure he can get back to the mental state of old which is a real shame?

Posted by shaw on Sep-27-2010 02:46:

quote:
That's not a fitness thing though, it's mental and I do agree with you there. He just seems scared to be the agressor.

I remember watching videos of him winning PRIDE and fuck me, it was like you couldn't keep him away from people. Probably why he attained "legend" status in MMA because he was such a rabid dog.
I don't know whether it's age or self confidence but he has to go from broke. He's 36, doesn't exactly have much time left.

He's fit again but I'm not so sure he can get back to the mental state of old which is a real shame?

Yes, it's at least 100% mental (which is why I compared it to the yips).

Posted by Direct on Oct-24-2010 02:01:

Hey fuckheads

http://www.atdhe.net/24430/watch-uf...ar-vs-velasquez

Posted by Fledz on Oct-24-2010 02:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Direct
Hey fuckheads

http://www.atdhe.net/24430/watch-uf...ar-vs-velasquez

Oh sweet, cheers for the reminder!

Posted by The17sss on Oct-24-2010 04:26:

Damn Lesnar got FUCKED UP.

Posted by Fledz on Oct-24-2010 04:31:

I did not expect that. Lesnar started off strong but damn, what a turn around! That gash on his face is massive

Posted by The17sss on Oct-24-2010 04:34:

no doubt man... that cut was deep. Lesnar really looked inexperienced tonight. First time I've seen him cover up all scared like that too.

Posted by Fledz on Oct-24-2010 04:37:

There's not much you can do there. When you're so dazed and opened up, you just can't defend like you do when you're fresh. Also, Brock doesn't have much experience and it shows.

He still needs to develop more.

Posted by VDub on Oct-24-2010 05:00:

It would have been the same result with Carwin if he'd have just calmed down...

DOWN WITH BROCK AND VIVA LATINO'S!!!

Diego was the fight of the night fo sho...

Posted by Nerologic on Oct-24-2010 05:02:

quote:
I did not expect that. Lesnar started off strong but damn, what a turn around! That gash on his face is massive

I did. As soon as I saw Lesnar rushing and not able to bring Cain down, I knew Lesnar was going to run out of steam and Cain was going to capitalize. And that's exactly what happen, but I didn't think it was going to be that bad.

Also Sanchez is BACK!!!

Posted by RapidFire on Oct-24-2010 08:27:

thank god lesnar's 'reign' is done. he was an annoying disrespectful ass, as exciting of a fighter as he was. now id love to see JDS take the belt from Cain

Posted by Spam on Oct-24-2010 11:07:

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
thank god lesnar's 'reign' is done. he was an annoying disrespectful ass, as exciting of a fighter as he was. now id love to see JDS take the belt from Cain

His last few fights he's been quite humble and respectful, you obviously don't know shit.

Posted by WhooCares on Oct-24-2010 20:25:

quote:
Originally posted by Spam
His last few fights he's been quite humble and respectful, you obviously don't know shit.

rlly now?
telling cain hes going to go out and drink a corona and eat a burrito after he beats him...yeah very respectful indeed..

Posted by RapidFire on Oct-24-2010 20:43:

quote:
Originally posted by Spam

nice baseless assumption there you twat. I've been following his career since he entered the UFC and just because he's displayed a semblance of humility lately due to his near death experience (a far cry from what a normal person would call 'humble' anyways) doesn't make his earlier actions commendable.

he's a cocky douche bag and he deserved the beating he got for being disrespectful to everyone from legends like Couture and Herring to the UFC itself (insulting the sponsers after UFC 100, being a notorious pain in the ass to work with for the company). He was humble to Carwin and Valesquez because he knew they were better than him, and even then he couldnt hold back from spewing stupid redneck shit like the burrito comments

Posted by Spam on Oct-24-2010 22:02:

Pre-fight shit-talk is something that most fighters partake in. It's encouraged to hype up the fight. The last truly disrespectful thing that Lesnar did was ride Mir like a rodeo bull, and Mir deserved it.

Dana warned him about his actions, and it just so happened to coincide with his health problems. Since that fight, he had, and has, been much more respectful and humble.

Haters gon' hate

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »