TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-30-2010 16:17:

TOTA Golf Talk

Let us discuss one of the greatest past times in the world. Here we can discuss anything and everything about golf.

So John Daly has decided to quit golf. I feel bad for the guy....he is loved by the common man and I think we can all see a little bit of ourselves in him but he just can't play the game at the top level anymore.

quote:
DALY CLAIMS HE'S DONE WITH GOLF AFTER MISSING CUT

SAN DIEGO -- John Daly missed another cut and said Friday he was done with golf.

Whether that meant for the rest of the West Coast Swing or the rest of his career would not be determined until the two-time major champion stopped going to PGA Tour events.

Daly shot 71 at Torrey Pines and missed the cut by nine shots. Stopped in the parking lot by a crew from Golf Channel, which is filming his reality show, Daly said in a series of clipped responses, "I'm done. ... I can't compete. ... Just can't play like I used to."

Early Saturday, Daly thanked his fans in a two-part message on Facebook and claimed he wasn't financially able to continue on the tour.

"To ALL my Fans---my financial situation is putting me where I cannot focus on my game, I'm putting too much pressure on myself, the few sponsors that I have are great but it's not getting me thru these times--," the first part of the message read.

He continued: "i want to thank my fans throughout all these years&I don't like to continue to embarass myself-- maybe my mind may change down the road but right now i don't have the money to be on the tour. My game has never been the same since my rib injury during the Honda Classic in 2007. God Bless! JD"

It was the second time in six months Daly has said he was retiring. He threatened to quit after shooting 88 in the Buick Open last summer, although his swing coach attributed that to rapid weight loss. Daly went on to play four more times.

Golf Channel has been promoting a reality show starring Daly that is to debut in March. Daly is scheduled to play in two weeks at Pebble Beach, and he has received a sponsor's exemption to the Transitions Championship outside Tampa, Fla., in March.

"We haven't heard from him," said Gerald Goodman, the Transitions tournament director. "I wouldn't anticipate that to happen. I'm sure he was frustrated."

Daly has missed the cut in both his PGA Tour starts this year.

Posted by Adamo on Jan-30-2010 21:40:

pity post.

Posted by Decoder on Jan-31-2010 06:24:

Expensive sport.

Posted by snak3st on Jan-31-2010 08:05:

A good walk spoiled.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-31-2010 18:27:

golf doesn't have to be an expensive sport...if you go to the right courses. I can play for $40.00 a round and have a great time. Find me another sport that costs less then $10.00 an hour to play.

Posted by Decoder on Feb-01-2010 18:36:

Mostly passion, but then it's as expensive as Tennis, only if you win though, Lol.

Posted by jchung52 on Feb-01-2010 18:41:

Re: TOTA Golf Talk

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Let us discuss one of the greatest past times in the world. Here we can discuss anything and everything about golf.

So John Daly has decided to quit golf. I feel bad for the guy....he is loved by the common man and I think we can all see a little bit of ourselves in him but he just can't play the game at the top level anymore.

unfortunate for sure. def a crowd pleaser and losing 115 pounds in a year in hopes of better golf and not succeeding is unfortunate. there are rumours going around that hes "quitting" to help with his new show on the golf channel. cant see that being true based on daly's nature though.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Feb-01-2010 18:46:

Re: Re: TOTA Golf Talk

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
unfortunate for sure. def a crowd pleaser and losing 115 pounds in a year in hopes of better golf and not succeeding is unfortunate. there are rumours going around that hes "quitting" to help with his new show on the golf channel. cant see that being true based on daly's nature though.

Yeah I don't see him doing this as a publicity stunt. I know when I lost a lot of weight it really affected my golf game....and not for the better.

I think he should go and play on the nationwide tour or play in europe again....I would hate to see him just give up golf all together.

Posted by lopi on Feb-01-2010 18:51:

Nice Lawn.

Posted by jchung52 on Feb-01-2010 18:55:

Re: Re: Re: TOTA Golf Talk

quote:

I think he should go and play on the nationwide tour or play in europe again....I would hate to see him just give up golf all together.

def. european tour for sure, nationwide not so much.

Posted by Decoder on Feb-01-2010 18:57:

tours yea, full of sponsors!

Posted by jchung52 on Feb-01-2010 18:59:

quote:
Originally posted by lopi
Nice Lawn.

Posted by love_child on Feb-01-2010 19:21:

Posted by Abercrombie on Feb-02-2010 00:25:

inb4TehEarsWoodsgif

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Feb-02-2010 14:11:

So who is the better Canadian Golfer....Weir or Ames?

Posted by Jer on Feb-02-2010 14:36:

quote:
So who is the better Canadian Golfer

In time, Giguere and Phaneuf may be among the country's best.

Posted by jchung52 on Feb-02-2010 14:44:

quote:

currently or in general

Posted by Spin Laden on Feb-02-2010 14:44:

quote:

Good question. I would go with Weir, has won the Masters as we all know and his game is getting better again. Has a good short game.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Feb-02-2010 14:56:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
currently or in general

In General

Posted by Spin Laden on Feb-02-2010 14:57:

Re: TOTA Golf Talk

quote:

LOL

This guy probably has bagged more hookers than Tiger could ever dream of, four hooker wives included

He has had a hard life, looks and probably is much older than his actual 43 years.

I hope he comes back, Tiger too, then get MTV to follow them

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Feb-02-2010 15:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Spin Laden
Good question. I would go with Weir, has won the Masters as we all know and his game is getting better again. Has a good short game.

But Ames won the Players Championship which the players feel is the 5th major.

I think Weir is the better player when at the top of his game but Ames is the more consistent golfer.

Posted by Spin Laden on Feb-02-2010 15:09:

quote:
But Ames won the Players Championship which the players feel is the 5th major.

I think Weir is the better player when at the top of his game but Ames is the more consistent golfer.

very true and that's the frustrating part about Weir.. inconsistent even within tournaments, has a great first two rounds and falters in the 3rd or 4th. I think it was the PGA or US when he was leading after three and shot an 80 or something? He could be top 5 when he's on his game, imo.

Posted by jchung52 on Feb-02-2010 15:21:

quote:

agreed. seems like ames is always around the 40-60th place in a tournament on a weekly basis. might have a good streak where he'll be in the top 20 couple weeks then back to the 50th area. weirsy at top of his game can play against anyone (ex. beating woods in the presidents) but needs consistency to remain in the top 20 where he def can be.

stat wise:
Mike Weir (World Rank: 37th)
Turned pro: 1992
Career Money: $26,419,282
Wins: 8

Stephen Ames (World Rank: 58th)
Turned pro: 1987
Career Money: $17,921,884
Wins: 4

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Feb-02-2010 15:38:

I definately get frustrated watching Weir play....he will be at the top of the leader board on day one then blow up on day two and just make the cut. Then the weekend comes and you have no idea what he will do. I was impressed with his game at the Bob Hope Classic...very consistent every day. I think we will see Weir win a tournament this year.

Posted by jchung52 on Feb-02-2010 15:49:

so tota golf tourney this year hopefully lol

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »