TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - West Coast / Las Vegas
-- BPM festival is back for 2020 YAAAAASSSS

Posted by MR STROKE on Jul-24-2019 15:11:

BPM festival is back for 2020 YAAAAASSSS

Time for Taco's, Adderall and Tequila again.. YYYYAAAAAAAAASSS

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-24-2019 15:55:

wait... are we sure it's in Mexico?

Posted by DJ RANN on Jul-24-2019 21:16:

Not sure where it is. The video (that's all there is) shows palm fronds looking like jungle, so maybe it is, but they have an event planned in Tel Aviv in September, and the last BPM was Portugal, so who knows.

Mexico has been struggling with some tourism stuff due to drug violence spilling over so maybe they wooed them back and want the traffic again?

Posted by MR STROKE on Jul-24-2019 22:49:

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
wait... are we sure it's in Mexico?

I've heard zero chance (but could be totally wrong, BPM Cabo would be fucking amazing!)

I guess Cartel & BPM still have beef so I can't imagine they go back. I have heard: Costa Rica

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-25-2019 13:31:

I've also heard rumors (a while ago) that they were thinking about South America. Great marketing strategy though. Everyone is guessing where it could be at.

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-25-2019 13:32:

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
I've heard zero chance (but could be totally wrong, BPM Cabo would be fucking amazing!)

I guess Cartel & BPM still have beef so I can't imagine they go back. I have heard: Costa Rica

I'd be really happy to see BPM in Cabo. I have a stinkin Time Share out there and this would be awesome.

Tip of the Day: Don't get a Time Share!!

Posted by Scoops on Jul-25-2019 13:45:

quote:

Tip of the Day: Don't get a Time Share!!

I have on in Playa...and I love it!

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-25-2019 13:56:

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
I have on in Playa...and I love it!

See! I wish I would have gotten one in Playa or Tulum. Or even Cancun. I'm stuck in Cabo and honestly, it aint all that. It's a nice resort but who wants to go to Cabo every year? It's all desert out there. We were sold (while heavily intoxicated) that we could stay anywhere. It's true but we have to trade our shit. And anyplace we have looked into trading has always been a downgrade

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-25-2019 16:33:

confirmed for Costa Rica!

https://thebpmfestival.com/

Posted by Nerologic on Jul-26-2019 15:55:

quote:
And anyplace we have looked into trading has always been a downgrade

Can you trade up just to go somewhere else?

Timeshares arent even needed anymore, so many cheaper options!

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-29-2019 15:23:

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Can you trade up just to go somewhere else?

Timeshares arent even needed anymore, so many cheaper options!

yes. we can trade and pay an additional cost. We were looking at PdC one year while BPM was still going on. Many of the resorts in PdC are all inclusive though so the additional fee would have been quite a bit higher. It was like our Time Share didn't do shit for us.

As for Timeshare not needed... agreed! However, a few folks that I know with Timeshares love em! You just have to use them.

Posted by MR STROKE on Jul-29-2019 20:42:

flights booked.. Looking for a hotel to stay at but hard to know where the parties will be at and how the clubs/beach parties will be laid out until we visit Costa Rica for the 1st time.

Anyone from here planning on going in Jan ?

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-30-2019 15:51:

quote:
flights booked.. Looking for a hotel to stay at but hard to know where the parties will be at and how the clubs/beach parties will be laid out until we visit Costa Rica for the 1st time.

Anyone from here planning on going in Jan ?

dude! that's awesome! we're considering it BUT it depends on our friends. They have a teenage daughter that sometimes babysits our kid. We can probably make it a family trip with some partying in between

Posted by mar46017 on Aug-06-2019 21:04:

I'm surprised this is done so close to the Ocaso Festical January 9-12th. Ocaso festival will likely have same or similar lineup.

BPM is January 15-19

Maybe they will share stage costs.

Just got back from Tamarindo. Cool beach town. LIR airport is much closer than San Jose (SJO) airprot.

We flew into SJO and out of LIR. Stayed 3 nights in La Fortuna/Arenal area at Tabacon Hotel (highly recommend), 2 nights in Monteverde and 3 nights in Tamarindo at a Airbnb/Homeaway 4 bedroom condo across the street from the beach.

Other touristy areas that we missed were Jaco and Manuel Antonio.

A 4x4 SUV is a must since many roads are not paved. (Especially the road to/from Montevede)

Also don't forget to apply mosquito repellent!

Posted by MR STROKE on Aug-06-2019 21:48:

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
I'm surprised this is done so close to the Ocaso Festical January 9-12th. Ocaso festival will likely have same or similar lineup.

BPM is January 15-19

Maybe they will share stage costs.

Just got back from Tamarindo. Cool beach town. LIR airport is much closer than San Jose (SJO) airprot.

We flew into SJO and out of LIR. Stayed 3 nights in La Fortuna/Arenal area at Tabacon Hotel (highly recommend), 2 nights in Monteverde and 3 nights in Tamarindo at a Airbnb/Homeaway 4 bedroom condo across the street from the beach.

Other touristy areas that we missed were Jaco and Manuel Antonio.

A 4x4 SUV is a must since many roads are not paved. (Especially the road to/from Montevede)

Also don't forget to apply mosquito repellent!

I am going to imagine BPM will be sharing DJ's with Ocaso Festical, Sound Tulum, and Holy Ship Wrecked. They are all in Jan, somewhat close flights and very similar type of crowd/DJ's

Do I need to rent a car? No uber uh

Posted by mar46017 on Aug-07-2019 19:32:

quote:
I am going to imagine BPM will be sharing DJ's with Ocaso Festical, Sound Tulum, and Holy Ship Wrecked. They are all in Jan, somewhat close flights and very similar type of crowd/DJ's

Do I need to rent a car? No uber uh

They do have uber. (super good pricing also) But its hit and miss when they have cars available. Uber from LIR to Tamarindo runs for about $60 whereas taxi costs around $120 each way. Its a little over an hour drive, appox 100 km. There are also shuttles on Viator.com for about $45 a person each way. If you do rent a car they have mandatory liability insurance they push. Your credit card will likely cover collision on the car.

I came across last year's Ocaso festival page that showed shuttles to the monkey venue from base camp.

Also no need to get their currency (Colones)

I pulled out $100.00 worth from their atm but I was still getting everything quoted in dollars. You do end up getting their currency as change when you use US dollars. When you get a check from a restaurant it will show Colones or Dollars. Also they usually add 10% service fee if you sit down. (not at the bar) service fee = tip. Impuesto = tax.

Posted by MR STROKE on Aug-19-2019 18:02:

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
They do have uber. (super good pricing also) But its hit and miss when they have cars available. Uber from LIR to Tamarindo runs for about $60 whereas taxi costs around $120 each way. Its a little over an hour drive, appox 100 km. There are also shuttles on Viator.com for about $45 a person each way. If you do rent a car they have mandatory liability insurance they push. Your credit card will likely cover collision on the car.

I came across last year's Ocaso festival page that showed shuttles to the monkey venue from base camp.

Also no need to get their currency (Colones)

I pulled out $100.00 worth from their atm but I was still getting everything quoted in dollars. You do end up getting their currency as change when you use US dollars. When you get a check from a restaurant it will show Colones or Dollars. Also they usually add 10% service fee if you sit down. (not at the bar) service fee = tip. Impuesto = tax.

curious: whats the cost of vacationing down there? Are we taking Miami/Hawaii prices or dirt cheap Mexico prices ?

Posted by mar46017 on Aug-20-2019 20:59:

quote:
curious: whats the cost of vacationing down there? Are we taking Miami/Hawaii prices or dirt cheap Mexico prices ?

I would say somewhere in between. Flight is Hawaii price. Decent hotel/airbnb $100 something a night. We got a 4 bedroom condo across the street from the beach for around $250 a night. With fees $1,050 for 3 nights in Tamarindo.

$250 a night out the door for 4 bedroom house in Monteverde (town at the top of a mountain)

I recommend staying at Tabacon near the Arenal Volcano. All the hotels in that area have natural hot springs. Tabacon was the priciest of the hotels at around $400 a night after taxes and fees. (but everyone had commented Tabacon once I posted suggestions in Costa Rica so I knew it was a must stay/see)

We didn't go to the Jaco/Manuel Antonio region. Guess you can't do it all.

Posted by MR STROKE on Aug-27-2019 16:52:

phase 1

This being the first year back in Jan, I am curious if they will pull any mega names like Mexico had year after year: Cox, Hawtin, Dixon or Beyer.

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Aug-27-2019 17:26:

not a bad first phase but just like Mr Stroke, I'm waiting to see what they pull out of their hats.