TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- I think I'm physically addicted to pot
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »

Posted by Adam420 on Mar-13-2012 14:07:

I think I'm physically addicted to pot

I don't know how many times people have told me that when you smoke a lot of weed you form a psychological dependence on it. This is true, I will not deny. But the same people have told me that one of the great things about weed, is that people don't form a physical dependence on it.

It's not often that I go to bed without smoking a joint within an hour or so beforehand. In the last 2 weeks though, there have been 2 full days where I haven't smoked at all. I really want to, and dealing with that is tough, but something I can ultimately manage. What I don't understand, is the constant hot/cold feeling, the sweating during the night and ultimately feeling like shit the next day even if I managed to sleep for 8 hours or so.

What say you c0r?

Posted by bananas on Mar-13-2012 14:12:

lol, join comrade stalin at a weed rehab facility

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Mar-13-2012 14:25:

Whatever the reason, I think you should definitely cut down.

Posted by enydo on Mar-13-2012 14:31:

It's withdrawals. People say there is no "physical dependence" on the substance, which to an extent is true, but if you're a chronic user (IE. every day, multiple times a day, what have you), your brain is going to react when you cut back on that substance.

The sleep effects when you first cutback are what most people notice immediately. Nightsweats and vividly intense dreams are very common. Take a tolerance break man, those symptoms should subside over a week or so.

Posted by Happymess on Mar-13-2012 14:32:

I don't know much about smoking pot, as I've never done it myself. But I think you may be physically addicted to the tobacco/nicotine in it?

Just a thought.

Posted by Adam420 on Mar-13-2012 14:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Happymess
I don't know much about smoking pot, as I've never done it myself. But I think you may be physically addicted to the tobacco/nicotine in it?

Just a thought.

not the case.

Anyway yea I think it's time to take a much-needed break. It's tough and has always been tough when so many of my friends smoke weed on a regular basis. I guess you guys have to see it to believe it, but I live in a place where people don't question the fact that they smoke weed every day and it's generally available in great abundance with a wide range of prices and quality.

Posted by ziptnf on Mar-13-2012 14:38:

I smoke pretty much every day, but it's gotten down to only once in the evenings. Anytime you stop smoking, it's irritating for a couple days because you really feel like having a smoke. After the first week or so it's not so bad. Take a break for a week or two and smoke again if you feel like it. Maybe space out your smoke sessions a little more. But it's nothing to worry about, everyone who smokes a lot goes through that same feeling.

Posted by ziptnf on Mar-13-2012 14:39:

quote:
Originally posted by Happymess

Just a thought.

What the fuck. You think there is nicotine in pot? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by enydo on Mar-13-2012 14:39:

If you like Mary Jane, you'll appreciate her a lot more in the long run if you treat her with respect.

HAL TAUGHT ME THAT.

But seriously, what you're describing is the norm for those who smoke daily. Quitting just takes some willpower. I've never had a problem staying away when I've decided to take breaks, it's just some discomfort you gotta deal with for a bit.

Posted by Bierheld on Mar-13-2012 14:41:

I say stop whining

Seriously though, sleeping ís difficult. If you're used to getting a free ticket to dreamland without annoyances, which is what pot generally does, off course it's going to be rough for a few nights. I've gone to the process a million times now, just stick with it. It'll go away.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Mar-13-2012 14:43:

Cannabinoids are notoriously cumulative little suckers. They are known for altering a great deal of physical attributes over time, perhaps the apparent being your metabolism. I'm not going to pretend like I know much on the science of what's happening to you, but you will be completely fine in a week if you quit cold-turkey. Quit for a couple months and you'll be even better off, the trick is figuring out what to do with your new-found cognizance.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Mar-13-2012 14:44:

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
HAL TAUGHT ME THAT.

I once remixed a relapse.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Mar-13-2012 14:47:

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
What the fuck. You think there is nicotine in pot? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Blunts are a super common things in certain regions, to the point of being second competence. It's not all that stupid.

Also, when the US finally legalizes it, you bet they will add all sorts of shit to it before selling it at Walgreens.

Posted by ziptnf on Mar-13-2012 14:50:

Yeah and a lot of europeans like to mix tobacco and weed, which I am not a fan of.

Posted by Happymess on Mar-13-2012 14:51:

quote:

Not in pot, in the joint. I thought that pot smokers use tobacco when rolling a joint. Am I wrong?

Posted by enydo on Mar-13-2012 14:53:

Some do, and as Hal said, it's a fairly common convention in many places. A lot of smokers smoke it plain though, no tobaccy.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Mar-13-2012 14:59:

I prefer it with tobacco in. I have a friend who cannibalises brand cigarettes for the tobacco. He makes the best joints I've ever smoked. I only smoke once or twice a fortnight though, so no signs of addiction here.

Posted by Happymess on Mar-13-2012 15:01:

quote:
Yeah and a lot of europeans like to mix tobacco and weed, which I am not a fan of.

That is just what I meant. The OP being from Montreal I assumed he was one of the many I've seen there mixing tobacco and weed, therefore may be physically addicted to the tobacco/nicotine and not the pot itself.

Posted by ziptnf on Mar-13-2012 15:10:

Meh, I mainly smoke joints rolled with paper or I smoke out of a bowl/bong. I don't smoke cigarettes, so I wouldn't really like mixing them.

Posted by Adam420 on Mar-13-2012 15:28:

quote:
I smoke pretty much every day, but it's gotten down to only once in the evenings. Anytime you stop smoking, it's irritating for a couple days because you really feel like having a smoke. After the first week or so it's not so bad. Take a break for a week or two and smoke again if you feel like it. Maybe space out your smoke sessions a little more. But it's nothing to worry about, everyone who smokes a lot goes through that same feeling.

Oh I'm not worried, I'm just trying to debunk the notion that one can't be physically addicted to pot, which I've been told far too many times.

Posted by Adam420 on Mar-13-2012 15:33:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
the trick is figuring out what to do with your new-found cognizance.

I know, I thought about it. I will function so much better when I don't smoke, and that is pretty exciting. To be honest even after one day I can think more clearly and am less apprehensive about things that I otherwise would be. Actually my plan is to basically restrict my smoking to Friday nights and Saturdays. But WTF do I tell me friend who comes over with a bag of weed on a Wednesday?

Posted by zyklon-jay on Mar-13-2012 15:33:

Hey hey hey hey! Smoke weed everyday.

Adam is right that it can be hard, especially in Montreal where there is a Cannabis culture and for a segment of the population it is viewed in the same way alcohol is. It isn't really considered a drug, people from all walks of life are partaking, not just slackers like Adam.

It just takes a few days to feel ok. The problem is afterwards in social situations, because here there is always multiple occasions in the night where someone will ask you to smoke you a joint. It's hard to say no to those the most I find, not only because I know I want to smoke but shouldn't and at the same time i don't want to be a dweeb and miss out on the social bonding of sorts you share when you pass around a joint. Those can be some of the best conversations.

My solution is don't quit, my mother never raised me to be a quitter.

Heck, you live in a city where you can smoke joints in front of cops and they won't even waste your time with you. It's a place that you can have 10 numbers that all deliver within the hour whatever strain you want. Our shit is some of the best bomb weed in the world, an 8 billion dollar a year black market industry. It's so cheap you almost want to laugh when you hear people from other places say how much they pay and for what. Why the fuck would you want to quit? Just moderate, appropriate occasions, keep it social and before bed and you will be golden.

I'm actually going to smoke a bowl right now in your honour because it feels better when you masturbate the one eyed snake with red eyes. Fight the power Adam.

Posted by zyklon-jay on Mar-13-2012 15:35:

and i consider masturbation a social occasion.

Posted by Adam420 on Mar-13-2012 15:36:

LMAO. Thanks Jay for the inspiring reply

Posted by WittyHandle on Mar-13-2012 15:46:

Man, I wish I could still smoke weed. I used to love how it made me feel, but now it just makes me all anxious

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »