TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Deep Dish @ The Guvernment?

Posted by maddhatterradio on Feb-28-2014 19:39:

Deep Dish @ The Guvernment?

Hello Toronto TA's. A quick question for you....

I see Deep Dish announced they are playing Digital Dreams Fest on Sat and Sun at the end of June. What is the likelyhood of DD playing the Guv for an after festival show do you think?

We'd be flying in from Atlanta, and we want to see them at the Guv again for nostalgia reasons. Just curious as to everyones thoughts on this....

Posted by Nobbie Q on Feb-28-2014 19:42:

I guess it's not totally outside the realm of possibility, but I dunno. If them performing at Guv is a make or break situation for you in flying up here then you might wanna wait closer to the date to see what's up.

Posted by maddhatterradio on Feb-28-2014 19:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
I guess it's not totally outside the realm of possibility, but I dunno. If them performing at Guv is a make or break situation for you in flying up here then you might wanna wait closer to the date to see what's up.

Its an expensive trip up for a festival, and I just think the Guv is the place to see them. At least it was back in 2007...

The festival I can take or leave to be honest

Posted by PivotTechno on Feb-28-2014 19:58:

You're picking a good time to come up! Our mayor will be at the Digital Dreams gates, handing out free, high quality crack and 40s of vodka to one and all.

It's a tie in to his 2014 campaign slogan: Hooked On Ford For Another Four!

Posted by Big Boss on Feb-28-2014 20:06:

GUV is not promoting Digital. The Digital partners usually put acts in their partner clubs.

Posted by maddhatterradio on Feb-28-2014 20:18:

quote:
Originally posted by Big Boss
GUV is not promoting Digital. The Digital partners usually put acts in their partner clubs.

In Toronto, what clubs have parterships?

Thanks again for the info

Posted by an_an on Feb-28-2014 20:19:

quote:
Originally posted by maddhatterradio
Its an expensive trip up for a festival, and I just think the Guv is the place to see them. At least it was back in 2007...

The festival I can take or leave to be honest

They confirmed to play at Bal en Blanc. I would spend my money there. That seems like an ideal type of setting to see them. I'm thinking to make a trip to Bal en Blanc myself.

Posted by an_an on Feb-28-2014 20:21:

quote:
Originally posted by Big Boss

Well it's not still totally out of the question that will play Guv. You never know they could even play the island for all you know. They are scheduled to play June 28 - June 29 in Toronto.

Posted by Special K on Feb-28-2014 20:40:

Yeah I wouldn't expect them to play guv either but who knows. I could see them playing Maison which I don't think would be too bad. I heard they did some renovations not too long ago, did they change much with the club?

Posted by an_an on Feb-28-2014 20:46:

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
Yeah I wouldn't expect them to play guv either but who knows. I could see them playing Maison which I don't think would be too bad. I heard they did some renovations not too long ago, did they change much with the club?

I was there last weekend. It's the same old crap. They had someone playing top 40 music until 1 am and then Nic Fanciulli got on. I like the club but the crowd is just too main stream.

Posted by kotsy on Feb-28-2014 20:46:

quote:

Heard they moved the bar all the way to the back so the dancefloor is much larger

Posted by planetaryplayer on Feb-28-2014 21:26:

Dj booth moved infront of staircase ... Dance floor has booths and tables still

Posted by an_an on Feb-28-2014 22:12:

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Dj booth moved infront of staircase ... Dance floor has booths and tables still

The dj botth has been in front of the staircase before too. They keep switching it around.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Feb-28-2014 22:27:

before tenaglia the last time I've been to maison i can't honestly remember but the dj booth was on that stage thing in front of the floor

Posted by love_child on Mar-01-2014 03:33:

Maybe they will play at Ryze?? Sharam played there after Brrrr.

Posted by ItalianPoiSon on Mar-03-2014 22:12:

I think Maison, Cinema, Cobra, and Ryze all have links to DD if I am not mistaken... but i would say its possible Coda and Electric Island are all possible placces deep dish can pop up at...

i would say Guv is unlikely but hey that would be awesome if they did play Guv...

Posted by love_child on Mar-04-2014 02:35:

How is the Guv doing anyway in the wake of all of these other clubs opening up around the city? It has been a while since I went there.

Posted by sein on Mar-04-2014 02:45:

my guess is that they won't be playing guv - it's just doesn't seem likely imho....would be awesome if they did though - saw them there in in mid 2000's (can't remember what year), and it was an awesome show, despite some issues with the smoking door in the main room..Sharam actually climbed over the barrier separating the dj booth and closed the door....security were like - people need to smoke - it was a hassle.

Posted by maddhatterradio on Mar-07-2014 12:55:

quote:
Originally posted by love_child
How is the Guv doing anyway in the wake of all of these other clubs opening up around the city? It has been a while since I went there.

I'm curious to that as well. What are the new hot spots, the must attend clubs in Toronto?

We have booked our flights up. It's on! I just hope there are some amazing after parties that weekend.

Posted by Special K on Mar-07-2014 14:18:

^^^

My suggestion.

Stay until the 2nd to be able to attend electric island on the 1st.

Posted by Guest on Mar-07-2014 18:02:

quote:

Stay until the 2nd to be able to attend electric island on the 1st.

This

Posted by ItalianPoiSon on Mar-07-2014 20:26:

quote:
I'm curious to that as well. What are the new hot spots, the must attend clubs in Toronto?

We have booked our flights up. It's on! I just hope there are some amazing after parties that weekend.

Yeah Electric Island on the 1st is going to be nuts... always a good time... I think Dixon is headlining

Theres lots of good spots in the city, it depends on what kind of music you like? EDM or proper house lol

Posted by Nobbie Q on Mar-07-2014 23:01:

quote:

There will be afterparties for sure, but they won't say who or where until it's like a few days away from the event because they don't want to ruin their Digital Dreams sales with that info.

Coda and Ryze are the two big spots for underground EDM and where you'll most likely catch the "real" artists playing at after the jam is done. Other spots potentially are The Hoxton, Cinema Lounge, Cobra, maybe even Cabal? I dunno.

You should definitely check out Electric Island as well if you'll still have energy left lol.