TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.06.30-2012.07.01 Digital Dreams Music Festival
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »

Posted by PurpleHaze on May-04-2012 20:22:

wow what a great 2nd phase release and an overall very very impressive lineup!! i don't feel nearly as bad for missing DEMF now.

i remember my 2nd time going to guv was for BT but he cancelled in november 2006 this will definitely make up for it!

Posted by Special K on May-04-2012 20:40:

Phase 2 is not doing much for me but I can appreciate the fact that that they put together a well rounded lineup with a little something for everyone. If it's a success this year (which I have a feeling it will be), I can see the lineup being much better next year.

Posted by Katsu on May-04-2012 21:08:

BT BT BT BT !!!! YESSSS

Posted by gimmebeatz on May-04-2012 21:17:

echo stage lineup both days is damn solid! nice to see C&C added =) dreams stage is straight shit!

Posted by Tordan on May-05-2012 01:19:

C&C on a beach... my digital dreams have come true. lol

Posted by jchung52 on May-05-2012 01:56:

Nice phase 2! busy on day 1 but for day 2, the lineup would be enticing

Posted by an_an on May-05-2012 04:33:

Couldn't have asked for a lot more. A solid solid lie-up for a festival in Toronto! Let's hope it all turns out well. *finger crossed*

Posted by samhouse on May-06-2012 04:36:

oh its on!

Posted by GGM on May-06-2012 18:29:

Even if it's not your flavour, you gotta give them credit for this lineup. Pretty much best case scenario as they're using the cheese stage to bring in ticket sales which is a necessary evil, there's no way this festival would come close to breaking even without it. By putting it all up there though they make it easy to avoid and then put a long list of legit DJs on the beach. Must say, well done.

Posted by Dior Homme on May-06-2012 22:53:

I'm glad for a few things so far:

- Both days I will spend at the beach stage
- The beach stage isn't the biggest stage of the festival so it will be slightly more intimate than just a big stage
- washrooms are close by
- my friend lives right by the tip top tailors loft so 1. free parking 2. i can walk in a drunken stooper back and forth at will

I can't wait for this weekend, the party at guv is going to be intense saturday night with c+c....

Posted by AY STAR on May-06-2012 23:29:

Brooklyn will be in the house!!!
just grabbed my ticket, booking flights now

anyone know of any hotel close to the festival?
iam basically only coming up for this, so iam looking for something close so i can crawl back to every night lol
thanks

p.s for those interested in seeing bt, not sure when was the last time you guys saw him but i saw him in jan and he is def not what he once was...all electro and trouse, i mean if thats your thing than you will enjoy it, but if you havent heard him in a while and are expecting what he used to spin than you're in for a suprise like no other

Posted by Dior Homme on May-06-2012 23:41:

Google map where the festival is and looking for something close by (a bit north east) is easy. Because its a $12-15 cab ride can get you anywhere from the festival to the hotel and to any club at night. I would stay along Front, King St, Queens Quay or whatever. More south anywhere near the Gardiner highway really...

you can actually take a shuttle bus from the airport to kipling station and subway from kipling all the way to downtown to your hotel. Its $3 LOL.

And $3 going back all the way to the hotel. It's actually not that bad.

Posted by AY STAR on May-06-2012 23:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
Google map where the festival is and looking for something close by (a bit north east) is easy. Because its a $12-15 cab ride can get you anywhere from the festival to the hotel and to any club at night. I would stay along Front, King St, Queens Quay or whatever. More south anywhere near the Gardiner highway really...

you can actually take a shuttle bus from the airport to kipling station and subway from kipling all the way to downtown to your hotel. Its $3 LOL.

aite cool i will look into it, i actually took a bus from the airport 2 years ago to downtown, it was like 10 bucks...sure beats thr $50.00 cab fare
i will look for it again

Posted by Dior Homme on May-07-2012 00:07:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
aite cool i will look into it, i actually took a bus from the airport 2 years ago to downtown, it was like 10 bucks...sure beats thr $50.00 cab fare
i will look for it again

Outside Terminal 3 there is a TTC bus stop just ask around. Or Monorail it to T3.

192 bus to Kipling St. (end of subway line) > Kipling St subway Eastbound > Anywhere downtown/closest station to your hotel) = $3 fare

And reverse to go home. It shouldn't take you any longer than 1hr 15mins total. But its pretty simple and easy once anyone does it once. Or go to ttc.ca and it tells you there + times.

Posted by GGM on May-07-2012 00:16:

Not much in the direct area for hotels. You can stay East of there on Queens Quay at Radison or Westin Harbourcastle or north there are some smaller boutique hotels I believe. If you stay on Queens Quay the streetcar will pretty much take you right there. The bus you're talking about is probably Airport Express

Posted by LightsOut on May-07-2012 01:33:

Check out The Thompson, it'll be a very manageable 20 min walk from the festival, great rooms (maybe a little pricey though) and fantastic area.

Posted by jad on May-07-2012 04:15:

Additional line up seals the deal. Think I'll be checking this out.

Posted by kotsy on May-07-2012 13:57:

quote:

You might want to consider flying with Porter (flyporter.com) as they fly right into downtown and would save you time and money. They have very frequent 50% off base fare deals including a sale that ends today but there will definitely be another in the next couple weeks if you aren't ready to book now.

Posted by Guest on May-07-2012 15:49:

Yeah, if he can fly porter, I highly recommend doing it that way.

Cheaper, more enjoyable flight, better service, plus you can just take a streetcar to a hotel from the airport. I can't say enough good things about Porter

Posted by AY STAR on May-07-2012 17:18:

^^^
hey guys thanks for the info, but i already booked it thru air canada
direct flight
porter leaves from newark airport and iam no where near that, iam leaving outta lga airport and i arrive at yyz at 9am

lookin foward to it

Posted by Guest on May-07-2012 17:28:

Ah, ok cool then! Hope you enjoy it that weekend in Toronto. It's going to be INSANE this year! Canada day weekend, Digital Dreams, pride weekend...

Definitely check out Pride if you have a chance. Def a good time!

Posted by DJOS2 on May-07-2012 19:47:

Discount travel & ticket packages provided by Tourism Toronto:

www.seetorontonow.com/digitaldreams

Posted by FunkyCrew on May-07-2012 20:32:

quote:
Brooklyn will be in the house!!!
just grabbed my ticket, booking flights now

anyone know of any hotel close to the festival?
iam basically only coming up for this, so iam looking for something close so i can crawl back to every night lol
thanks

p.s for those interested in seeing bt, not sure when was the last time you guys saw him but i saw him in jan and he is def not what he once was...all electro and trouse, i mean if thats your thing than you will enjoy it, but if you havent heard him in a while and are expecting what he used to spin than you're in for a suprise like no other

dude check out hotwire
http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/result...searchTokenId=1

I got some good deals there in the past

funny that I'm flying to ur city that weekend and you're here

Posted by AY STAR on May-07-2012 23:49:

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
dude check out hotwire
http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/result...searchTokenId=1

I got some good deals there in the past

funny that I'm flying to ur city that weekend and you're here

dam and i was all excited about seeing you & calling you babushka again
have fun tho, that weekend in nyc should be nice also
its the weekend before july 4th, so hopefully some good parties will be around

Posted by FunkyCrew on May-08-2012 00:37:

quote:
dam and i was all excited about seeing you & calling you babushka again
have fun tho, that weekend in nyc should be nice also
its the weekend before july 4th, so hopefully some good parties will be around

we're total nerds when we visit lotsa sightseeing and museums, we wanna take a train to Princeton too
but I'll check w Kelly about what's happening that weekend and if she's going out anywhere fun

stay out of trouble eh?:P

Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »