TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Psy for Your Mind (yep, its a download thread)
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »

Posted by Shankar on Mar-25-2010 08:06:

Posted by hardcore trancer on Mar-25-2010 16:14:

quote:
Originally posted by Shankar
I think he might say something like: "you are all retards because you are going to a festival that is named by retards. Who names a festival Eclipse when there is no solar Eclipse anyways? Only Retards do! You should all follow my lead and join me at Comfort Zone. We can all hang out like normal human beings, not like these morons at Eclipse festival. I'll hook you up with some nice K, and we can all sketch out together like a good old family."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAAAHHAHA wow that just made my day man!!!!!

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Mar-25-2010 23:33:

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
Lucky bastard. BTW are there any hotels around that area? if so than I might just go.

hmmm same here. The lineup is good but not too crazy. I believe they could have done alot more for the 10 year Anniversary.

I wonder what Jon Jon has to say about all this.

Just book a hotel in Gatineau. VERY cheap over there (and cheap in downtown Ottawa as well - compared to T.O.). Or pitch a tent at or near the event, there is amazing camping in Gatineau Park.

Posted by Shankar on Mar-25-2010 23:54:

quote:
Originally posted by Tunnel Rat
Just book a hotel in Gatineau. VERY cheap over there (and cheap in downtown Ottawa as well - compared to T.O.). Or pitch a tent at or near the event, there is amazing camping in Gatineau Park.

To be honest, the festival is actually 1.5 hrs from Ottawa.
The closest town to the venue is Maniwaki, QC. Honestly, camping on that land is the best. Complete pleasure!

Posted by MSZ on Mar-26-2010 00:05:

oh my goodness, juno reactor,duca, dnox beckers. need to rally someone to join me. great stuff. nice gig aerodromme congrats.

Posted by hardcore trancer on Mar-26-2010 01:01:

quote:

hmm so if I lets say get a hotel in downtown Ottawa what would be the distance to the party? or would I be closer I stay at a hotel in Gatineau?

Posted by Shankar on Mar-26-2010 01:23:

quote:
hmm so if I lets say get a hotel in downtown Ottawa what would be the distance to the party? or would I be closer I stay at a hotel in Gatineau?

http://www.eclipsefestival.com/#/site

The distance from either Ottawa or Gatineau would be an hour and a half drive easily. Yes, its close to Ottawa, but not THAT close hahah.
Honestly, if you were to stay in a hotel, best bet would be at Maniwaki. Thats the closest town to the actual site.

Posted by Tunnel Rat on Mar-26-2010 23:30:

quote:
Originally posted by Shankar
http://www.eclipsefestival.com/#/site

The distance from either Ottawa or Gatineau would be an hour and a half drive easily. Yes, its close to Ottawa, but not THAT close hahah.
Honestly, if you were to stay in a hotel, best bet would be at Maniwaki. Thats the closest town to the actual site.

Yeah, when I read it was in/near Gatineau Park...living in Ottawa, I immediately thought "great, just across the river". But the park is absolutely immense.

Is it at the same location as last year?

Posted by Shankar on Mar-27-2010 00:16:

quote:
Yeah, when I read it was in/near Gatineau Park...living in Ottawa, I immediately thought "great, just across the river". But the park is absolutely immense.

Is it at the same location as last year?

Yep, same venue as last year. A short distance from Ottawa, but what a gorgeous space!!

Posted by basilisk on Mar-28-2010 15:33:

DISCO HOOLIGANS - DARJEELING EXPRESS
01 - Hands Off (136 BPM)
02 - Steady Now (140 BPM)
03 - Darjeeling Express (142 BPM)
04 - Manic Guru (Album Edit) (142 BPM)
05 - Like Chocolate (142 BPM)
06 - Lifesaver/Heartbreaker (145 BPM)
07 - Hands On (142 BPM)
08 - Palm Trees (142 BPM)
09 - Palm Trees (Slow Mo Mix) (136 BPM)

The notorious Disco Hooligans (Nectarios Meidanis & Jordan Bonyo) return with their eagerly-awaited sophomore album, Darjeeling Express. Since thundering onto the international stage with last year’s Clear Skies, their impressive debut album, Jordan and Nectarios have been hard at work refining their upbeat and life-affirming brand of psychedelic trance. The result is an exhilarating blend of full-on energy and progressive grooviness distinguished by big beats, fat bass lines, and crystal clear melodies. Hop aboard and take a ride on the Darjeeling Express! Mastered by Colin Bennun at the Stooodio, Bristol, UK, with cover artwork by Amalia Makri.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC/WAV or buy it on CD direct from Ektoplazm:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...eeling-express/

Posted by basilisk on Apr-22-2010 19:22:

DREAMSHADOW
01 - Septagram - Omerta (152 BPM)
02 - Progress - Trails (148 BPM)
03 - Tsabeat - New Technologies (148 BPM)
04 - Cream Corp - Tesseract (147 BPM)
05 - Mutalisk - Chicks With Glowsticks (150 BPM)
06 - DoHm - No More Autumn (149 BPM)
07 - Clone - Invasion (145 BPM)
08 - Rigel - Dodecahedron (145 BPM)
09 - Oxya - Mindhunter (145 BPM)
10 - Wizack Twizack - Welcome To Knutby (The Return) (148 BPM)

Embark upon a harrowing journey into the forests of night with Dreamshadow, a mesmerizing exploration of the darker side of psychedelic trance. Compiled by DJ Basilisk for the Ektoplazm netlabel, this release features darkpsy, edgy full-on, and forest music from familiar names like DoHm, Septagram, Tsabeat, Clone, Oxya, Wizack Twizack, and Progress, as well as newcomers Cream Corp (AKA Luminexia), Rigel, and Mutalisk (a NASA side project). Together these artists weave an enchanting tale drawn from fragments of dreams and perplexing impressions of fantastic lands that never were. Mastered by Kri at Audio Valve with artwork by Zen at Digitalys Studios.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC/WAV format or purchase it on CD direct from Ektoplazm:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/dreamshadow/

Posted by basilisk on May-12-2010 03:51:

EKOPLEX - CREATURES OF THE FOREST
01 - Planted Tree (143 BPM)
02 - Kodama (142 BPM)
03 - Tree Of Life (145 BPM)
04 - Seeds (142 BPM)
05 - Alchemistics (142 BPM)
06 - Twisted Root (146 BPM)
07 - Palaka (145 BPM)
08 - Give Us The Creature (143 BPM)
09 - Neuro Highway (143 BPM)
10 - Inner Focus (144 BPM)

Ektoplazm is proud to present Creatures Of The Forest, the eagerly anticipated second album by Canadian psytrance producer Ekoplex (Ray Vincent). Following the immense underground success of Journey Of The Turtle, his full-length debut in 2008, Ekoplex returned to his Toronto studio to undertake the evolution of his unique brand of full-on psychedelic morning trance. Now, after nearly two years of intensive work and brazen experimentation, it is time to share the results with the world! Creatures Of The Forest is a seamlessly mixed journey into the heart of the forest ecosystem, where all life is interconnected and the ancient spirit of nature is revealed. This album features vocals by Adam Aves and Viki Ebadi, mastering by Jay Kerner (Southwild), and cover art by Rompfndasl of Neuromantix.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...-of-the-forest/

C'mon... a little hometown support please

Posted by hardcore trancer on May-12-2010 04:00:

quote:
Originally posted by basilisk

EKOPLEX - CREATURES OF THE FOREST
01 - Planted Tree (143 BPM)
02 - Kodama (142 BPM)
03 - Tree Of Life (145 BPM)
04 - Seeds (142 BPM)
05 - Alchemistics (142 BPM)
06 - Twisted Root (146 BPM)
07 - Palaka (145 BPM)
08 - Give Us The Creature (143 BPM)
09 - Neuro Highway (143 BPM)
10 - Inner Focus (144 BPM)

Ektoplazm is proud to present Creatures Of The Forest, the eagerly anticipated second album by Canadian psytrance producer Ekoplex (Ray Vincent). Following the immense underground success of Journey Of The Turtle, his full-length debut in 2008, Ekoplex returned to his Toronto studio to undertake the evolution of his unique brand of full-on psychedelic morning trance. Now, after nearly two years of intensive work and brazen experimentation, it is time to share the results with the world! Creatures Of The Forest is a seamlessly mixed journey into the heart of the forest ecosystem, where all life is interconnected and the ancient spirit of nature is revealed. This album features vocals by Adam Aves and Viki Ebadi, mastering by Jay Kerner (Southwild), and cover art by Rompfndasl of Neuromantix.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...-of-the-forest/

C'mon... a little hometown support please

WHOOOOOOOOA I've been waiting for this release for a while now. I cannot wait to hear this album.

Posted by SPANIARD on May-12-2010 11:21:

quote:
WHOOOOOOOOA I've been waiting for this release for a while now. I cannot wait to hear this album.

Posted by basilisk on May-20-2010 05:43:

ORK MONK - SPEAKING STONES
01 - Barlang (154 BPM)
02 - Speaking Stones (153 BPM)
03 - Sweet Delight (154 BPM)
04 - Slendrian (155 BPM)

Ork Monk is a hard and twisted psychedelic trance project founded by Zoltan Vajda, a veteran Hungarian producer already known for his releases under the name of Kalumet. Speaking Stones contains four challenging works of dark and gritty psychedelic trance with abstract, organic overtones—the product of many unrestrained experiments in the studio over the last year. The resulting fusion of styles and influences is characteristic of Vajda’s creative and eclectic approach to sound design. This release is mastered by Kri @ Audio Valve and features artwork by Alexander Synaptic using Creative Commons-licensed photos by Yann Caradec.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...peaking-stones/

Posted by basilisk on Jun-02-2010 21:08:

SUSPIRIA - FROM DARKNESS TO ILLUMINATION
01 - Initium (150 BPM)
02 - Peradam (151 BPM)
03 - Geheimnis (155 BPM)
04 - Demon Est Deus Inversus (155 BPM)

From Darkness To Illumination is the first complete work from Suspiria, an enigmatic psytrance producer from Cyprus. The concept behind this release is rooted in philosophical mysticism and expressed in allegorical terms through the music. The cycle begins with a search for truth, followed by a search for substance, then a search for meaning, and finally culminates in a philosophical adage conveying the notion that all dualities are simply two aspects of the same concept—that all things are one and the same. Mastered by Dark Elf at KGB Labs with artwork by Cypriot painter Christos Michlis.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC/WAV or purchase it on CD direct from Ektoplazm:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music...o-illumination/

Posted by basilisk on Jul-10-2010 16:12:

OPSY - COMMIT CHARGE
01 - Commit Charge (142 BPM)
02 - Commit Charge (Cold Project's "Frag" Remix) (142 BPM)
03 - Commit Charge (Cujorius One's "Malou" Remix) (135 BPM)
04 - Commit Charge (Minimal Criminal Remix) (135 BPM)
05 - Commit Charge (Amygdala's "Freeze 'n Melt" Remix) (136 BPM)

Ektoplazm in partnership with Soundmute Recordings is proud to present Commit Charge, a simmering deep space techtrance masterpiece by Opsy (Vladislav Radulovic). Set a course for the far reaches of the galaxy and discover the secrets of the outer rim with this 11 minute epic. This release also contains four different remixes of the title track by Cold Project, Cujorius One, Minimal Criminal, and Amygdala. Mastered by Akhentek at Ilum Studios with artwork and photography by Alexander Synaptic.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC/WAV:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/opsy-commit-charge

Posted by basilisk on Jul-18-2010 04:22:

Moonshadow is a classic psytrance mix originally composed for the Global Goa Party, a virtual event conceived to “create the soundtrack for a full night (and morning) of old-school Goa trance by ten DJs from all over the world.” The rules were simple: record a mix with music that would have been heard on the dance floor in 1999. I snapped up the 12:30 to 2:00am time slot and spent weeks scouring my collection for the right stuff to hasten the journey into darkness and lunacy. Naturally, this exercise aroused great nostalgia for my own initiation into psytrance culture sometime in 1997 or 1998. Since many of my earliest memories of partying in Toronto were formed at events thrown by the Moonshadow collective I decided to dedicate this mix to DJ Dam, Cyber G, Yohimbe, John Dee, and everyone else who was there in the beginning. Recorded at Ilum Studios, B.C.

The full track listing will be posted in one week!

Post (leave some comments here):
http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/dj-basilisk-moonshadow

Download (MP3):
http://www.ektoplazm.com/files/DJ%2...0Moonshadow.mp3

Posted by basilisk on Jul-18-2010 23:01:

Here's the track listing for that mix:

01 – Tim Schuldt – Absurd [Aurinko Records]
02 – Cydonia – Cactus [Blue Room Released]
03 – Semsis – Heroes & Madmen [Atomic Records]
04 – X-Dream – Psychomachine [Blue Room Released]
05 – Tarsis – Atomic Children (Remix) [Spirit Zone Recordings]
06 – Spiral Active Project & DJ Goblin – Grounded [Krembo Records]
07 – Mino – 2000 Compatible [Phantasm Records]
08 – Astronomikx – After Life [Flying Rhino Records]
09 – Haldolium – Pi-Symptom [Free Form Records]
10 – Etnica – Mind Altering Drugs [Spirit Zone Recordings]
11 – XV Kilist – Gummi [Spiral Trax]
12 – Growling Mad Scientists – Tentacles Of A Jellyfish [TIP Records]
13 – Hux Flux – Idiot [Transient Records]
14 – Koxbox – Life Is A Gas (X-Dream Remix) [Blue Room Released]
15 – Children Of The Doc – Impossible Vortex [HOM-Mega Productions]
16 – Deedrah – Signι Furax [Question Mark ?ecords]
17 – Infected Mushroom – Return Of The Shadows [YoYo Records]
18 – The Delta – Travelling At The Speed Of Thought [Blue Room Released]
19 – Growling Mad Scientists – Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? [TIP Records]
20 – Sandman – End Of The World [HOM-Mega Productions]

Download it here:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/dj-basilisk-moonshadow

Posted by basilisk on Jul-21-2010 21:21:

EVSY - EVSYLOCYBINE
01 - Bang Digi Bom (144 BPM)
02 - Inbong Entrance (145 BPM)
03 - Avaruusmetro (145 BPM)
04 - Vodka 'n I Do Good (145 BPM)
05 - Die Krankenschwester (147 BPM)
06 - The Exorcist (150 BPM)
07 - Taikasienistin Tamppaus (147 BPM)
08 - Somatoformers (145 BPM)
09 - A.M. User (148 BPM)
10 - Travellin' Blueberries (145 BPM)

Ektoplazm is proud to present Evsylocybine, a weird and wonderful collection of some of the finest unreleased tunes by EvsY (Julius Lehmuskallio & Simo Ojala), a legendary Finnish psychedelic dance music project with four full-length albums to their name. Composed between 2004 and 2008, these wildly upbeat songs combine scintillating acidic melodies with fat and funky beats to create a manic vibe guaranteed to deliver pure dance floor satisfaction. Mastered by Makus Overdream with cover art by Gareth Hovey.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/evsy-evsylocybine

Posted by marcusus on Jul-22-2010 15:01:

I don't suppose there are any psytrance events happening in TO in August?

Posted by kaniz on Jul-22-2010 15:27:

Seems like most of the promoters/DJs are busy with festivals in Quebec during the summer, not much going on locally for psy events.

Posted by rulzz on Jul-22-2010 17:45:

quote:
Originally posted by kaniz
Seems like most of the promoters/DJs are busy with festivals in Quebec during the summer, not much going on locally for psy events.

stuff happens locally too there was just a festival just off parry sound i'm sure there is one in works for some weekend in august

Posted by basilisk on Jul-22-2010 19:39:

The next big thing I know of it happening in October... a certain Australian legend will be coming to town.

Posted by marcusus on Jul-23-2010 05:14:

quote:
Originally posted by basilisk
The next big thing I know of it happening in October... a certain Australian legend will be coming to town.

Nah, I'll be in town August, not October. Must be someone other than me

Maybe I'll try again when I get in to town. I reckon I'll be well too busy with other stuff, but you never know.

I might just have to stick to my doof's here instead and just save my TO time for catching up with people

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »