TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jul-31-2012 16:12:

I've given you enough chances.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jul-31-2012 16:51:

Well, I was going to write my big-ass post but then my housemate, who's a massive comic buff and erstwhile film student, just came in and said, "Had any more thoughts about TDKR?" and I can't be bothered saying it all again.

So, in short: it wasn't that good. The plot is extremely overcooked and relies on so many contrivances and conveniences that I just can't take the symbolic and allegorical struggles of each character seriously. I can't stand a film that tries to present itself as smart, and ladens down every character and fist fight with multi-layered allegory, and yet simultaneously treats the viewer like an idiot because it expects us to turn our brains off and accept so much stupidity and coincidence. This is basically a problem I have with comics and comic book movies in general. I thought The Dark Knight was a good film because it managed to stay just on the edge of plausibility. TDKR, in trying to top it, falls off the tightrope.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Jul-31-2012 17:03:

they should of made DKR like the first version, except in this one, he has sort of fallen in a different way. Everything goes to shit. His property and assets seized, he is being hunted, and then he has to start again. And then when the bad guys think they have it all, boom, i'm back. Except this time he is really fucking pissed. Super pissed. And he manages to find some money guy and he just goes overboard on the tech. And he is really fucking mean. And there is no bruce wayne. Just batman. There are no sort of plot hurdles , it is just a revenge movie pretty much. And he fucking dies at the end. And that is him rising. The end.

honestly, i don't understand why they have such a hard time making movies.

Posted by Meat187 on Jul-31-2012 17:06:

Posted by Vivid Boy on Aug-02-2012 03:43:

that chick did the worst job of dying ever!

and the first thing batman does after escaping a jail in jersualem is cover a bridge in gasoline so it looks like a bat when lit???? WHAT ABT THE BOMB BATMAN!!! WHAT ABOUT THE BOMB!!! how the hell did he find an hour to do such great craftsmanship when the bomb was going to blow in 5 hrs!!!!

and who else thought Batman was bringing the bomb across the bridge to New Jersey??!?

Posted by WittyHandle on Aug-02-2012 03:51:

That really would have made him a superhero.

Posted by Beatflux on Aug-02-2012 06:33:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Well, I was going to write my big-ass post but then my housemate, who's a massive comic buff and erstwhile film student, just came in and said, "Had any more thoughts about TDKR?" and I can't be bothered saying it all again.

So, in short: it wasn't that good. The plot is extremely overcooked and relies on so many contrivances and conveniences that I just can't take the symbolic and allegorical struggles of each character seriously. I can't stand a film that tries to present itself as smart, and ladens down every character and fist fight with multi-layered allegory, and yet simultaneously treats the viewer like an idiot because it expects us to turn our brains off and accept so much stupidity and coincidence. This is basically a problem I have with comics and comic book movies in general. I thought The Dark Knight was a good film because it managed to stay just on the edge of plausibility. TDKR, in trying to top it, falls off the tightrope.

TDK had a better story with a better villian.

Bane is clever and smart in the beginning and turns out to be a complete dolt who gets hit in the mask once and then is taken out completely by a character who could have been left out completely. Better yet, Batman should have died. Not pretend, I'm retired now but I'm still alive to appease fans, No! More like I made the ultimate sacrfice for the gotham, and that is to die.

There were so many loose ends that just got tied up in a passing, matter of fact way. How comissioner Gordan never figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman is kind of shocking considering all of the gadgets and shit BAtman has, Bruce is one of the few in the city to have access to the kind of resources you would need.

Batman shouldn't have beaten Bane out of anger, but of fear. He's lost so much up until the point that losing gotham would have been a legitimate motivation to finally defeat bane. It would have actually have made sense so that Batman could apply what he learned.

Showing the Bat after batman got out of prison would have been better and more exciting. I don't know why filmmakers put the best action towards the beginning of the movie.

The passionate dialog between alfred and bruce is cut short in the beginning, and that is kind of too bad because their feud could have lasted longer and played a more integral part of the story.

Posted by WittyHandle on Aug-02-2012 06:46:

I swear 80% of Michael Caine's lines were in tears.

Posted by GoSpeedGo! on Aug-02-2012 08:04:

Everyone's talking about how it's much better the second time around and it makes me want to see it again. It's so common with Nolan's films.

Posted by WittyHandle on Aug-02-2012 18:41:

That's definitely true in my experience. I appreciated Dark Knight the most the third time around.

Posted by Vivid Boy on Aug-02-2012 18:54:

they better not make another batman with robin. and i agree it would have been awesome if batman just died.

also I agree the stupid lil boy twist was fuckin retarded i was waiting for someone else be like "NO! I was the lil boy!" thats not a plot twist that was just fuckin gay. The movie could have kept going without that stupid woman.

I will just say this, cool movie by the last 45 mins killed it for me.

We def didnt need a robin. I hope if they do make a new Batman they cast Drake as robin

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Aug-02-2012 19:01:

That's almost as ridiculous as Halle Berry starring in her own Catwo-

Oh.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Aug-02-2012 19:06:

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
TDK had a better story with a better villian.
Not pretend, I'm retired now but I'm still alive to appease fans, No! More like I made the ultimate sacrfice for the gotham, and that is to die.

good luck selling that to the studio.

So um Mr NOlan, when you say die, you mean bat man 4 takes place in heaven ? No, jewish guy with dress shirt tucked into jeans, i'm saying thats it. Other jewish guy with poney tail and persian features -Right, because he has done all he can on earth, ahh we can do a 3 spin off, batman in hell , batman in heaven and batman in limbo. You know who be the best satan, Hellboy, ahhh yaaaa,

Posted by Banora on Aug-02-2012 19:17:

I'm just happy they actually did Bane justice and made him into the terrifying intellectual and physical force he is meant to be rather than some moronic beefcake.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Aug-02-2012 19:36:

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
they better not make another batman with robin. and i agree it would have been awesome if batman just died.

also I agree the stupid lil boy twist was fuckin retarded i was waiting for someone else be like "NO! I was the lil boy!" thats not a plot twist that was just fuckin gay. The movie could have kept going without that stupid woman.

I will just say this, cool movie by the last 45 mins killed it for me.

We def didnt need a robin. I hope if they do make a new Batman they cast Drake as robin

No way! I would love to see a take on the Batman R.I.P. story arc when Dick Grayson/Nightwing takes over as batman. That whole shit was pretty awesome imo.

Posted by Vivid Boy on Aug-02-2012 19:44:

thats what I mean. I would love to see Batman dead.

Personally I think hes the worst superhero. his superpower is money. Take away his fortune and hes just some dude that knows karate. Jackie Chan could woop his ass

Posted by WittyHandle on Aug-02-2012 20:30:

The Hulk's superpower is muscle. Take that away and he's a nerdy scientist. Take away anyone's single superpower and they're nothing. Why's money any different? Works for Iron Man pretty well.

Posted by Sushipunk on Aug-02-2012 21:41:

This cracked me up. "The evolution of Batman".

Posted by La Galerķa on Aug-02-2012 23:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Banora
I'm just happy they actually did Bane justice and made him into the terrifying intellectual and physical force he is meant to be rather than some moronic beefcake.

This was true until the end you realize that he's just another pawn and slave to Talia.

Posted by Guest on Aug-04-2012 00:50:

Posted by Beatflux on Aug-04-2012 15:17:

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
good luck selling that to the studio.

So um Mr NOlan, when you say die, you mean bat man 4 takes place in heaven ? No, jewish guy with dress shirt tucked into jeans, i'm saying thats it. Other jewish guy with poney tail and persian features -Right, because he has done all he can on earth, ahh we can do a 3 spin off, batman in hell , batman in heaven and batman in limbo. You know who be the best satan, Hellboy, ahhh yaaaa,

Reboot. He said he was done with batman movies.

Posted by Lews on Aug-04-2012 19:22:

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
thats what I mean. I would love to see Batman dead.

Personally I think hes the worst superhero. his superpower is money. Take away his fortune and hes just some dude that knows karate. Jackie Chan could woop his ass

I would have loved to see him dead as well, but I was also content with the ending. Seeing Alfred happy was nice after a movie of him crying

I personally think he's the best, as he's the most realistic and accessible. Everybody who gets upset by the crime and corruption of the world can relate to Batman and love him. It's much harder to see yourself in the shoes of an annoying photography nerd who got bit by a radioactive spider and can now shoot webs out of his hands.

Posted by Lews on Aug-04-2012 19:23:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

So, in short: it wasn't that good.

Damn your housemate, I would have liked to read your whole thoughts, since I agree with your short version.

Posted by Beatflux on Aug-04-2012 19:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
It's much harder to see yourself in the shoes of an annoying photography nerd who got bit by a radioactive spider and can now shoot webs out of his hands.

In Nolan's realistic version of Spiderman, Spiderman would shoot webbing out of his ass. He would have to pull down his pants every time he wanted to shoot webbing. A movie like that could be interesting.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Aug-04-2012 20:29:

Throwback to The Dark Knight, but holy crap, Heath was just playing a Tom Waits villain!

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »