TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (40): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »

Posted by LKD on Nov-29-2009 05:45:

Read This! The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread

I think it's better if we start a seperate BB thread and let the other one stick with iphone users since that was the primary purpose anyhow. We don't need to argue about iphone vs. BB this way...

Scan the following BBM barcode to join the TOTA BBM group:

Posted by The Ear on Nov-29-2009 07:29:

n00b lol

Posted by Dior Homme on Nov-29-2009 08:38:

Too many Official OTA threads!

Posted by Mach X on Nov-29-2009 09:33:

Welcome to the CrackBerry!

Posted by LKD on Nov-29-2009 13:38:

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
Too many Official OTA threads!

self acclaimed official ftw!!!!

Posted by Dr. Z on Nov-29-2009 16:43:

I noticed they stepped up the BB maps in 5.0 quite a bit. A lot of nice features coming together finally. Proximity without GPS, layering, other small things. Nice

Debating whether to get rid of garmin on it.

Posted by exstasie on Nov-29-2009 16:50:

The one thing I'm frustrated with my BB is how I can't download certain apps on my Phone!

I have a newer model (8520i) however there are a lot of apps that aren't "compatible" with my phone yet, though I guarantee you if I install it they will work without an issue.

I just have to find the OTA link that doesn't direct me through BB App World!

Posted by LKD on Nov-29-2009 17:05:

quote:
Originally posted by exstasie
The one thing I'm frustrated with my BB is how I can't download certain apps on my Phone!

I have a newer model (8520i) however there are a lot of apps that aren't "compatible" with my phone yet, though I guarantee you if I install it they will work without an issue.

I just have to find the OTA link that doesn't direct me through BB App World!

on my storm there's an option for compatibility mode...

1)use an OTA downloader (such as this: http://www.blackberrysoftwarelist.n...Downloader.aspx)

2)and then "BB Swiss Army Knife"(http://rimgeeks.com/download.php?f=...7_Installer.msi) to install the .jad or .cod (if there's a .alx, you must use the BB desktop manager)

EDIT: you can still do it OTA if it's a .jad file by accessing the weblink on your phone...ie. do step one to get the .jad weblink, then use http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ to translate that link into a barcode (instead of typing out the damn thing on your BB) and scan it using the scanner in BBM which will then ask you if you want to open the link..on doing so, it will ask you if you want to install it, just say yes then.

Posted by mute79 on Nov-29-2009 18:36:

rim needs to get its act together w/ apps

hopefully this new framework they're launching next month will result in a greater adoption w/ the dev. community

Posted by Dr. Z on Nov-29-2009 19:08:

quote:
Originally posted by mute79
rim needs to get its act together w/ apps

hopefully this new framework they're launching next month will result in a greater adoption w/ the dev. community

They exposed all the native push APIs..... sooooo things will get siiiiick

Posted by Irishaddict on Nov-29-2009 22:51:

tour 9630!

love it more than my mom.

(not really, but it's close.)

Posted by chinamon on Nov-29-2009 22:56:

i want the new freakin bold and keep my current bold as a backup phone.

Posted by Dior Homme on Nov-29-2009 23:18:

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
i want the new freakin bold and keep my current bold as a backup phone.

I was thinking the same thing too. But I don't want to sign again (really doesn't matter I'll have a phone for the next 10 years or so), and also the new Bold has a smaller screen... and I love surfing on my current Bold. But the camera is kinda shitty (especially in the dark.... which won't really make a difference with the new bold.

I also don't want to pay for a new phone.

I pretty much answered my question.

Posted by LKD on Nov-30-2009 00:10:

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
I pretty much answered my question.

lol...you just needed a moment to think about it...

Posted by Dr. Z on Nov-30-2009 01:02:

bold 2 is like heaven

Posted by Fuertez on Nov-30-2009 03:44:

I plan on buying my first BB soon. I am thinking about either the Storm 2 or the Tour. Any recommendations??? I have read both reviews but just curious on your thoughts.

Posted by LKD on Nov-30-2009 03:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Fuertez
I plan on buying my first BB soon. I am thinking about either the Storm 2 or the Tour. Any recommendations??? I have read both reviews but just curious on your thoughts.

i just bought the storm 1 (cos i had to go cheap) and love it...that's all i can say...

Posted by chinamon on Nov-30-2009 04:35:

i hate the storm.
that clicking screen is fucking retarded and stupid.
real keyboard ftw

Posted by Mach X on Nov-30-2009 07:28:

quote:
Originally posted by LKD http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ to translate that link into a barcode (instead of typing out the damn thing on your BB) and scan it using the scanner in BBM which will then ask you if you want to open the link..

Ohhhhh the fun i'm gonna have with this!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Fuertez

I'm assuming you're with Telus? I really like the Tour, but then I'm more a funcional person with it, emails, a few apps, moderate browsing, I barely use it for media even. As long as I get my e-mail, use BBIM, MSN and can synch up my work stuff, i'm good.

However, i've had ALOT more phone on the Storm when I had that as my primary device...

You need to outweigh a few things...

Fun vs. Functionality
Size
Touchpad/screen vs. tactile typing on a keyboard

But then, the size of the screen comes into questions...

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
i hate the storm.
that clicking screen is fucking retarded and stupid.
real keyboard ftw

The advancements they made with 5.0 for the Storm 1 is unreal and amazing!!! Now with adding what they learned from the Storm 1, going to 4 pressure pads instead 1, and 5.0 in the Storm2.. that is flying! More responsive than the iPhone IMO...

Posted by LKD on Nov-30-2009 13:57:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X

The advancements they made with 5.0 for the Storm 1 is unreal and amazing!!! Now with adding what they learned from the Storm 1, going to 4 pressure pads instead 1, and 5.0 in the Storm2.. that is flying! More responsive than the iPhone IMO...

yea after using the storm for one day and then upgrading it to the 5.0 itself was like night and day....so smooth

and Jay...I hate they keys on other BBs cos my fingers are so stubby and using the storm , clicking to confirm the selection is so much nicer...i've gotten the hang of the clicking concept now and it's so quick to type...plus yea...browsing on a bigger screen ftw

Posted by LKD on Nov-30-2009 19:50:

any recommendations for address book/contact list management software for the pc?

Posted by exstasie on Nov-30-2009 20:07:

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
any recommendations for address book/contact list management software for the pc?

The Default Mac Address book? lol

Is your phone synced up to outlook or any mail client? That's what I use to for all my adress/contact/calendar management.

Posted by Aleksandra on Nov-30-2009 20:12:

Love is in the air

quote:
Originally posted by Irishaddict
tour 9630!

high five!

Posted by LKD on Nov-30-2009 20:13:

quote:
Originally posted by exstasie
The Default Mac Address book? lol

Is your phone synced up to outlook or any mail client? That's what I use to for all my adress/contact/calendar management.

i exported to the BB via outlook 2007...but I don't use an address book on outlook and google sync is very limited in what info it holds (plus I use windows live mail and not outlook regularly)....

Posted by Brades on Nov-30-2009 20:30:

loving my 9700

Pages (40): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »