TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.06.30-2012.07.01 Digital Dreams Music Festival
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »

Posted by Cribby on May-30-2012 23:30:

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Aren't they doing wristbands for the whole weekend? How would this be enforced if they are unless wristband barcodes are scanned each day?

I don't think they thought this through enough.. lame.

Posted by FunkyCrew on May-31-2012 00:26:

quote:
Originally posted by Cribby
I don't think they thought this through enough.. lame.

sounds weird for sure
at EZ we got the wristbands on 1st day & kept wearing them through the weekend - though we never left as the commute back to the city was too long for a quick in/out but we still had that option!

Posted by AY STAR on May-31-2012 00:29:

funky: for ezoo you needed a ticket along with your wristband if i recall

this past year tho the wristband was barcoded so getting in was really fast, but yes you couldnt leave and come back

Posted by DJOS2 on May-31-2012 02:27:

quote:
Originally posted by hax-a-million
so how come veld festival can allow in/outs?

While I don't know the exact details of how Downsview's licensing work, I can pretty much assure you this would not be permitted if they had full facility licensing.

OS

Posted by DJOS2 on May-31-2012 02:30:

quote:
Originally posted by Tordan
OS, can we store items in these lockers overnight?

YES - confirmed this today. You can leave items in pay lockers overnight.

And yes - there are going to be 30+ food vendors and food trucks on-site. There will be a wide variety of items and prices would be the same as the trucks sell it at any other event around the city...

I'm sure at least one will be selling fruit smoothies...lol

OS

Posted by FunkyCrew on May-31-2012 03:34:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
funky: for ezoo you needed a ticket along with your wristband if i recall

this past year tho the wristband was barcoded so getting in was really fast, but yes you couldnt leave and come back

for 2nd day you just showed your wristband - but yes the 1st time we had to show our tickets to get the initial wristband I dunno how it is now, 2 years ago it was like that

Posted by Dior Homme on May-31-2012 03:56:

quote:
Originally posted by DJOS2

OS

This is why they pay you the big bucks!

Posted by Endlesswave on May-31-2012 15:07:

quote:
YES - confirmed this today. You can leave items in pay lockers overnight.

And yes - there are going to be 30+ food vendors and food trucks on-site. There will be a wide variety of items and prices would be the same as the trucks sell it at any other event around the city...

OS

Nice.

Posted by GGM on May-31-2012 20:27:

quote:
Aren't they doing wristbands for the whole weekend? How would this be enforced if they are unless wristband barcodes are scanned each day?

I'm pretty sure they'll be scanned, I remember reading they'll have an RFID chip in them likely for that reason.

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
Because the consumer is still losing, and the last time I checked, we were the consumers.

The simple fact that you cannot bring in food is still a travesty at any outdoor, all day event. If they served healthy, delicious food, at a reasonable price, then I would actually want to stay all day.

No absolutely, not saying that it's a win for us in any way. My only point is that it's ultimately coming from the AGCO so if anyone wants to complain it should really be towards them. I'd rather no ins/outs than have to deal with limited drinking areas like beer gardens and whatnot.

Posted by hax-a-million on May-31-2012 21:28:

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
No absolutely, not saying that it's a win for us in any way. My only point is that it's ultimately coming from the AGCO so if anyone wants to complain it should really be towards them. I'd rather no ins/outs than have to deal with limited drinking areas like beer gardens and whatnot.

i'd take the in/outs, but then the organizer/venue makes zilch on alcohol so there's no way that happens

Posted by Shaya007 on Jun-01-2012 00:22:

quote:
Originally posted by hax-a-million
i'd take the in/outs, but then the organizer/venue makes zilch on alcohol so there's no way that happens

one of the Biggest event organizers on the planet and Rogers putting up an event, I'm sure they'll make something..lol

Posted by hax-a-million on Jun-01-2012 14:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Shaya007
one of the Biggest event organizers on the planet and Rogers putting up an event, I'm sure they'll make something..lol

they've already made their money, the majority of it anyways. the venue stands to benefit the most from the no in/out policy because they are making the money from alcohol and water sales. the organizer might get a cut just because of the weight they can throw around but i doubt it's more than a few points if anything

Posted by Orko on Jun-08-2012 19:06:

Has anybody got their tickets in the mail yet?

Posted by DJOS2 on Jun-09-2012 20:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
Has anybody got their tickets in the mail yet?

Pretty sure they go out this Friday.

OS

Posted by progbeatz on Jun-11-2012 21:47:

Any Word on any After partys yet??

Posted by Shaya007 on Jun-11-2012 22:47:

quote:
Originally posted by progbeatz

your hotel room..lol

Posted by Endlesswave on Jun-11-2012 23:09:

quote:
Pretty sure they go out this Friday.

OS

Awesome so this week I should be getting mine...

Posted by DJOS2 on Jun-12-2012 02:54:

quote:
Originally posted by Endlesswave
Awesome so this week I should be getting mine...

This week or next...

Rb

Posted by smackyoface on Jun-12-2012 17:23:

Hello!

quote:
Originally posted by progbeatz

heard from reliable sources yesterday that afro will play GUV on 30th and kaskade will play july 1

Posted by jchung52 on Jun-12-2012 17:43:

Chus & Ceballos are playing at Treehouse

Posted by an_an on Jun-12-2012 20:24:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
Chus & Ceballos are playing at Treehouse

Treehouse?

Posted by kotsy on Jun-13-2012 03:18:

quote:
Originally posted by smackyoface
heard from reliable sources yesterday that afro will play GUV on 30th and kaskade will play july 1

bwahaha.. that's "special guests"??

fail

Posted by geroin on Jun-13-2012 03:28:

quote:
bwahaha.. that's "special guests"??

fail

not so special now, is it :/

Posted by Master Kush on Jun-13-2012 04:47:

So does anyone know what the transportation situation will be at the end of each night? I'm guessing the go train won't be running by then, so will there be any special buses to union or something?

Posted by GGM on Jun-13-2012 15:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Master Kush
So does anyone know what the transportation situation will be at the end of each night? I'm guessing the go train won't be running by then, so will there be any special buses to union or something?

Exhibition streetcar runs right into union... I'm sure they'll be packed regardless of whether they add more or not but when you're talking large sports events/concerts/festivals etc that's par for the course.

Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »