TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Promoters Please Book The Following
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

Posted by Takayuki on Oct-27-2011 05:07:

Promoters Please Book The Following

Maybe someone can tell me why most of if not all of these DJ's have played in Montreal but trying to get them to come to Toronto seems like an impossibility?

It seems like Footwork has become the elitist playground for Techno, but please correct me if I am wrong. With such rare bookings as Maceo Plex not too long ago (Wrongbar?), I am baffled as to why atleast one these DJ's haven't hit Toronto.

So please... purrrrrtttty please bring some of these talented individuals here so I don't always have to travel to Montreal!

=================================
Deep House/Progressive/Tech House/Techno
=================================
Guy J
Henry Saiz
Gui Boratto
Hernan Cattaneo
Quivver
Alex Di Stefano
Alan Fitzpatrick
Christian Smith
Umek
Stan Kolev
Kosmas Epsilon
Jay Lumen
Criss Source
Alter Breed
Cid Inc
Dousk
Eelke Kleijn
Nick Warren
Amine Edge
Blackfeel Wite
Bobby Deep
dPen
Dinka
Paronator
Mango
Luke Porter
Hypnotic Duo
Martin Roth
Stanley Ross
Pig & Dan
Solee
Jerome Sydenham
NDKj
Dataworx
Oliver Lieb
Terry Lee Brown Jr.
Aki Bergen
Tube & Berger
Christos Fourkis
Nikola Gala

Plenty more to list... but that is all I can think of right at this moment

Posted by darouge11 on Oct-27-2011 05:29:

omid 16b is actually playing in early november

Posted by Spam on Oct-27-2011 09:57:

Re: Promoters Please Book The Following

quote:
Originally posted by Takayuki
Maybe someone can tell me why most of if not all of these DJ's have played in Montreal but trying to get them to come to Toronto seems like an impossibility?

It seems like Footwork has become the elitist playground for Techno, but please correct me if I am wrong. With such rare bookings as Maceo Plex not too long ago (Wrongbar?), I am baffled as to why atleast one these DJ's haven't hit Toronto.

So please... purrrrrtttty please bring some of these talented individuals here so I don't always have to travel to Montreal!

Guy J
Henry Saiz
Gui Boratto
Hernan Cattaneo
Quivver
Christian Smith
Umek
Stan Kolev
Jay Lumen
Criss Source
Alter Breed

Plenty more to list... but that is all I can think of right at this moment

Hernan swings through the city occasionally (I wanna say, once per year?)

The rest I've never heard of... Which means I want them here asap.

Posted by kotsy on Oct-27-2011 10:07:

Jay Lumen played The Docks in May and Umek was supposed to play here on two occasions but it fell through

Posted by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 12:59:

add eelke kleijn, dousk, cid inc. no one has the balls, they're too busy bringing in dash berlin.

Posted by Mortyman on Oct-27-2011 13:25:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
add eelke kleijn, dousk, cid inc.

+1

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
no one has the balls, they're too busy bringing in dash berlin.

So who exactly is bringing Dash Berlin that should be bringing these guys?
It's not about balls, but money. I'm not saying Dash Berlin is any better, but he'll definitely pull 2-3 times the amount of ppl that the aforementioned would.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Oct-27-2011 13:36:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
add eelke kleijn, dousk, cid inc.

oh come on now...you are just smashing the keyboard aren't you?

Posted by feelgood on Oct-27-2011 13:44:

Re: Promoters Please Book The Following

quote:
Originally posted by Takayuki

Quivver

Please. thanks.

Posted by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 13:48:

quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman
+1

So who exactly is bringing Dash Berlin that should be bringing these guys?
It's not about balls, but money. I'm not saying Dash Berlin is any better, but he'll definitely pull 2-3 times the amount of ppl that the aforementioned would.

how can you say its not about balls when you say those people are scared they wont bring as many people. that takes some dont you think? im not sure ill see these names at guv, hope im wrong ofcourse. the techno / tech house guys probably wont book these guys, the trance guys probably wouldnt either. they're stuck in the middle. this doesnt apply to every dj listed.

Posted by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 13:53:

bring on the dj mag top 100 djs.

Posted by randallpink on Oct-27-2011 14:27:

great list! jay lumen killed the space ibiza fest id love to see him again. umek has cancelled both times i was supposed to see him so hopefully hes here soon, and christian smith's beats have been non stop on my ipod this year. would love to see any of these guys.

Posted by Mortyman on Oct-27-2011 15:04:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
how can you say its not about balls when you say those people are scared they wont bring as many people. that takes some dont you think?

Like I said, money talks. It's not that promoters are scared, they are smart. There's a big difference. Why would they spending thousands of dollars to book dj's that might pull 100 people? Unfortunately this industry doesn't run on music and talent. You should know that by now.

Posted by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 15:07:

quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman
Like I said, money talks. It's not that promoters are scared, they are smart. There's a big difference. Why would they spending thousands of dollars to book dj's that might pull 100 people? Unfortunately this industry doesn't run on music and talent. You should know that by now.

its hard to deal with, lol.

i still think its possible, and people could walk away making money, but they choose the easy way out.

Posted by Adam420 on Oct-27-2011 15:09:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
how can you say its not about balls when you say those people are scared they wont bring as many people. that takes some dont you think? im not sure ill see these names at guv, hope im wrong ofcourse. the techno / tech house guys probably wont book these guys, the trance guys probably wouldnt either. they're stuck in the middle. this doesnt apply to every dj listed.

It's true, we have the same problem here. Stuck in the middle between tech, trance, tribal, electro, etc...We've been fortunate enough to get a few of those this year (including Alter Breed actually) but they were pretty much all booked by different promoters who don't normally venture into those grounds. I actually tried to find a promoter to book Eelke as I wanted to bring him to MTL in December but couldn't find anyone that was interested.

Posted by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 15:11:

sucks man, i feel your pain. i wasnt even thinking about montreal, and you guys are much more fortunate imo, and if you cant bring eelke, we have a long way to go. but like i said, people are easily swayed by taking the easy route in my opinion. then again, I dont work in the industry, but i observe what people are doing and who are brought in.

i was jealous you guys had christian smith recently, and there was no hype for him going on in your forum lol.

Posted by Yohan on Oct-27-2011 16:16:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
sucks man, i feel your pain. i wasnt even thinking about montreal, and you guys are much more fortunate imo, and if you cant bring eelke, we have a long way to go. but like i said, people are easily swayed by taking the easy route in my opinion. then again, I dont work in the industry, but i observe what people are doing and who are brought in.

i was jealous you guys had christian smith recently, and there was no hype for him going on in your forum lol.
for piknic? did anyone go to that?

there's a niche market for everything in toronto (see nu disco)

fuck me sideways and call me sally if you truly believe that there isn't enough interest for a good prog act in toronto

Posted by Ozmozis on Oct-27-2011 16:32:

I actually have offers in for 2 names on that list. I won't say who. 1 I'm getting cockblocked on but not giving up...

Posted by MSZ on Oct-27-2011 16:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Ozmözis
I actually have offers in for 2 names on that list. I won't say who. 1 I'm getting cockblocked on but not giving up...

Posted by Takayuki on Oct-27-2011 17:09:

quote:
Originally posted by Spam
Hernan swings through the city occasionally (I wanna say, once per year?)

The rest I've never heard of... Which means I want them here asap.

Yeah, normally he shows up for a gig in Toronto once a year but he hasn't been here for awhile... I think since 2009 when he was at This Is London. (which of course I happened to miss)

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
We've been fortunate enough to get a few of those this year (including Alter Breed actually)

No kidding?! Alter Breed actually was in Montreal and I missed it!! :| How were the reviews for that event? He had some amazing productions and collaborations with Criss Source back in 2009 and he's still pounding out some great stuff in 2011.

quote:
Originally posted by Ozmözis

That would be a superb treat to have any one of those on that list come to TO!

Guy J apparently destroyed Montreal when he passed by (Stereo?), although I did hear it was far less packed than normal.

Christian Smith/Hernan were just recently here in Montreal for Piknic and B&B so I am still confused as to why the above three were not booked other than the aforementioned money/business side of things. I am convinced there would be a solid turnout. I mean look at Cox coming in November... wouldn't it make sense to have Smith open for him? That would have been the perfect treat. I really can't justify $50+ for Cox alone (not that its crazy expensive) but considering the few times I have seen him in the past I was highly underwhelmed by his musical performance despite his stellar energy behind the decks.

Posted by devnull on Oct-27-2011 17:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
for piknic? did anyone go to that?

I went to Picnik for Christian Smith and Alan Fitzpatrick.

We only caught the tail end of Christian smith and it was great. Alan then tore the place a new one afterwards. What a night that was!

Posted by Takayuki on Oct-27-2011 18:07:

quote:
Originally posted by devnull
I went to Picnik for Christian Smith and Alan Fitzpatrick.

We only caught the tail end of Christian smith and it was great. Alan then tore the place a new one afterwards. What a night that was!

Oh man I totally forgot about Alan Fitzpatrick! That night must have been epic!!!

Damn you Montreal for all the diverse talent you get to enjoy on an on-going basis!

Some other names I'd like to see pass by:

Nick Warren (when was the last time he was in Toronto? I haven't seen this guy since Decadence II when he opened for Nu Nrg - I know he's been here a few times since but it seems like forever... This Is London?)
Amine Edge
Blackfeel Wite
Bobby Deep
dPen
Dinka
Paronator
Mango (he was great a few years ago, not sure how is sound is now)
Luke Porter
Hypnotic Duo
Alex Di Stefano
Martin Roth
Stanley Ross
Pig & Dan
Solee
Jerome Sydenham
NDKj
Dataworx
Oliver Lieb (finally making a come back - he's playing techno/tech house nowadays)
Terry Lee Brown Jr. (amazing deep house producer)
Tube & Berger (deep house)
Christos Fourkis (loving his latest productions - more on the proggier side but he produces a tone of deep house - love his blend of deep and proggy sounds)

Posted by Adam420 on Oct-27-2011 18:20:

and TLBJ h

a lot of those will never happen. Not in Toronto, Montreal or anywhere outside their home countries most likely. dpen and TLBJ have both played here fairly recently though. And I'd personally like to try to bring Nick Warren and Jerome Sydenham in the next year.

Posted by Takayuki on Oct-27-2011 18:30:

Oh I do realize that as I have been waiting for some of these names for years to no avail :|

One can always dream... with the hopes that the "underground" scene that I have always known to cheerish and love will stay alive. It many ways the commercial pop sounding Guetta artists and the influx of dubstep have made it financially impossible to bring in the smaller guys because they simply won't fill the place. Its unfortunate, but something I have had to swallow for such a long time. There's no doubt that this scene really has nothing to do with talent anymore but such is the way of any business.

Posted by Ozmozis on Oct-27-2011 18:40:

Unfortunately that is what it has become... BUT I think we're just going through a loophole, underground will emerge again

There are still promoters and artists that truly care about the scene and the music. We just need to support them!

Posted by Dior Homme on Oct-27-2011 18:50:

Umek was once supposed to play at footwork but it got cancelled no?

I've been dying to see him live. I cant listen to his sets while doing work because i keep jamming out at my desk.

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »