TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - Florida
-- WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

Posted by Neonbeats on Feb-28-2015 01:39:

That's not during WMC.....unfortuantely

Posted by civicstyle on Feb-28-2015 02:46:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
That's not during WMC.....unfortuantely

Posted by PatMcGroin on Feb-28-2015 05:56:

at a few things in this thread.

Posted by chinamon on Feb-28-2015 15:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
I'll make sure to pass on your concerns to the guy who started the site.

lol i just fucking died.

Posted by PVDream on Feb-28-2015 16:30:

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Another helpful resource to sort through parties is:

http://miamimusicweek.com/

Though it does not list any parties on Monday or beforehand nor does it list any parties that do not have the official MMW badging on their flyers (though I haven't seen many if any of those so far this year). Honestly, I like this website a lot. A whole lot. When the whole MMW thing came out a few years ago, I thought it was kinda silly, like it was competing against WMC. But MMW has really just tied the parties together and left the actual WMC out of it. With this website, everything is consolidated by an official organization complete with ticket links and flyers, sortable by days of the week.

Easy to navigate, modern, cool site too.

Thank you. Very helpful.

So, just wondering, is mmw supposed to appeal to patrons while wmc is geared more toward dj's?

Posted by ucforange on Feb-28-2015 19:30:

quote:
Originally posted by PVDream
Thank you. Very helpful.

So, just wondering, is mmw supposed to appeal to patrons while wmc is geared more toward dj's?

In a nutshell, yeah.

Winter Music Conference started in the 80s as a way for DJs to get together somewhere warm and nice to bounce ideas off each other to inspire and grow the music. Think seminars and workshops, and networking.

Of course the DJs and producers loved to party so there were parties.

Got so big that the actual conference itself was dwarfed by all the parties it had spawned. Ultra, all the Space parties, SoBe clubs, massive raves like Ice Palace, etc. So a business opportunity presented itself...create the MMW thing, brand it, license it. So that's what Miami Music Week is. It's a way for a company to make money by organizing (more like compiling) the parties, pretty much.

However I as well as many others who have been going for years still just say WMC. It's WMC to me and probably always will be.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-28-2015 19:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I really hate to say this but....n00b.

Only reason I'm even on this site is because of the FL forum. Literally found it while searching for events when I first got into the music 5 years ago. I have posted a few times in the main forum and several times in the NY forum, but no, I have not looked back at the archives of tranceaddict so as to gain a deeper knowledge of the site. Silly me.

Posted by Innocence Lost on Mar-01-2015 04:00:

Well you were kinda harsh telling swamper go back wherever it was he came from, so.

Posted by Rissinite on Mar-01-2015 05:10:

This is a music message board dudes, why so serious? I think it was a pretty honest "mistake" if you even want to call it that. By no means is UCF a dick, and by the same token, while Swamper is the man of the boards, he is not God. Dixon is 😉

Carry on...

Posted by pakmayne on Mar-01-2015 19:37:

it's cool how this board sees a revival around March, so ready for the Miami sunshine, winter's taking a toll on me.....

So just a couple of quick questions

1. I'm thinking about checking out the Suara Pool Party at Dream- I've never been to this venue, any thoughts?

2. Any word from the French Express guys? (I know Rathsman is doing a show with Disclosure on Friday but any updates re. Tichauer or Moonboots?)

3. Any word on the Pacha Ibiza Pool Party? What about anything on a Desolat party- GUTI?

4. Do you think the Hot Creations Crew (JJ, Richy Ahmed, wAFF) will be doing a pool party? If so, when?

Thanks

Posted by Silky Johnson on Mar-01-2015 20:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite
This is a music message board dudes, why so serious? I think it was a pretty honest "mistake" if you even want to call it that. By no means is UCF a dick, and by the same token, while Swamper is the man of the boards, he is not God. Dixon is 😉

Carry on...

Hahaha, I'm just fucking around. BUT IF YOU VENTURED AWAY FROM YOUR LITTLE SUBFORUM YOU'D PROBABLY KNOW THAT.

Posted by Rissinite on Mar-01-2015 23:40:

Wow!

Posted by ucforange on Mar-02-2015 00:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite

Wow!

That lineup does not suck.

Posted by StereoPrincess on Mar-02-2015 00:27:

quote:
lmao

I've seen this dude post like once in my four years here and now he's all about trying to "fix" our forum for WMC. We got this, dude. Go back to wherever it is you came from please.

lol.

PS. I am an "out of town-er", i would prefer the separate event listings. but whatever. what do i matter, right?

Posted by ucforange on Mar-02-2015 01:18:

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
lol.

PS. I am an "out of town-er", i would prefer the separate event listings. but whatever. what do i matter, right?

Please spare me the provocative yet insecure comments. If you need to see a listing of WMC events in their entirety, use the miamimusicweek.com site. The reason for not wanting to create a billion event threads is simple: nobody responds to 99% of them and they clutter the very board where we talk about the actual events and music. Anyways, all those comments are days old and we have since moved on.

Posted by cl384923 on Mar-02-2015 02:53:

quote:
Originally posted by pakmayne
it's cool how this board sees a revival around March, so ready for the Miami sunshine, winter's taking a toll on me.....

So just a couple of quick questions

1. I'm thinking about checking out the Suara Pool Party at Dream- I've never been to this venue, any thoughts?

2. Any word from the French Express guys? (I know Rathsman is doing a show with Disclosure on Friday but any updates re. Tichauer or Moonboots?)

3. Any word on the Pacha Ibiza Pool Party? What about anything on a Desolat party- GUTI?

4. Do you think the Hot Creations Crew (JJ, Richy Ahmed, wAFF) will be doing a pool party? If so, when?

Thanks

Just adding my 2 cents...

1. Its awesome but not really a venue, its the rooftop pool of Dream aka High Bar, cool spot, very small pool

2. No word out from French Express other than Rathsman joining several lineups including Disclosure as well as guest an AnjunaDeep on sat

3. No word yet, but I believe it will be happening due to a few local sources cant say anymore yet as Im not 100%

4. Wouldn't count on a hot creations pool party but never know, Jamie Jones Paradise announced for thurs 3/26 without a lineup/venue as of now, Id count on them being there

Posted by rabbitjoker on Mar-02-2015 17:57:

FS: Deep Dish Space Terrace Tickets

I bought two (2) too many tickets to see Deep Dish/Paco on the Space Terrace on Thursday night (March 26) to Friday Morning (March 27).

These are the $45 - 2 AM entry tickets. If anybody wants to buy them for $45 each (and avoid the $8 surcharge) please PM me. I can send the tickets via email or we can meet in SoBe.

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/Sh...?eventId=177104

Posted by ucforange on Mar-02-2015 18:04:

Re: FS: Deep Dish Space Terrace Tickets

quote:
Originally posted by rabbitjoker
I bought two (2) too many tickets to see Deep Dish/Paco on the Space Terrace on Thursday night (March 26) to Friday Morning (March 27).

These are the $45 - 2 AM entry tickets. If anybody wants to buy them for $45 each (and avoid the $8 surcharge) please PM me. I can send the tickets via email or we can meet in SoBe.

If all else fails, you can just sell them when you get in line at Space. There are ALWAYS some without presales of any kind which means they're paying 80+ at the door to get in. I've done this more than once during WMC.

Posted by ucforange on Mar-02-2015 18:12:

On a side note, someone please book DJ Anna for a WMC party! The one year there is no Tronic party of any sort too. I bet she would've gotten on the bill had Christian Smith been able to put a party together.

That bitch is badass.

Posted by Swamper on Mar-02-2015 19:15:

quote:
The reason for not wanting to create a billion event threads is simple: nobody responds to 99% of them and they clutter the very board where we talk about the actual events and music. Anyways, all those comments are days old and we have since moved on.

Please stop spreading misinformation. It has been this way since 2009 has worked just fine in the NYC/Cali forums and they have way more events posted (and posts) than FL.

The 'clutter' you refer to can be turned off. If you don't like having them listed, turn it off, simple.

Posted by bdr222 on Mar-02-2015 19:22:

Re: FS: Deep Dish Space Terrace Tickets

quote:
Originally posted by rabbitjoker

I'm on the same boat but for the Coldharbour mainroom party @ Space 3/26. Selling two before 2am tix for $40 each (what I paid for them) if anyone's interested.

Posted by cl384923 on Mar-02-2015 22:34:

Here's a general question worth asking maybe someone has some input into... say you buy a 2am Space ticket for Thurs night Deep Dish party and show up at 7 am... what kind of upcharge do you think you're looking at, would it be better or worse to go ticketless?

Posted by PatMcGroin on Mar-02-2015 22:55:

quote:
Originally posted by cl384923
Here's a general question worth asking maybe someone has some input into... say you buy a 2am Space ticket for Thurs night Deep Dish party and show up at 7 am... what kind of upcharge do you think you're looking at, would it be better or worse to go ticketless?

whatever theyre charging at the door, youll pay the difference. there is no better or worse choice. it really makes no diff. the only argument i can make is if you only pay at the door youll save yourself the wantickets service fee.

Posted by Faceplant on Mar-03-2015 00:24:

Get lost like up looks stout!!!!! They need to announce the location. I hope bob moses rips another morning set. Shit was magical last year. Soul clap or the totaly extinct dinosaurs would work too

Posted by Faceplant on Mar-03-2015 00:27:

Paradise @ mana just went on sale

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?691775

It appears mana got a 24hr liquor license. In real suprised about that. Either that or liquor will be done early and the party will attempt to keep going

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »