TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Friday 263: Go **** Yourself
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 16:24:

Friday 263: Go **** Yourself

Oldie but a goodie!

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-08-2020 16:44:

Covid is actually working out nicely for me.

Bat soup forever.

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 16:50:

Having a bed in my "home office" area is nice, but it's a struggle to stay awake and productive. Jay probably uses a bed for banging then Listerine, but I was never able to roll that way.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-08-2020 17:07:

I was thinking more due to massive tax breaks, but that works too.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 17:23:

Lol, forgot about that.

Whole lotta the same this weekend. Hopefully finish the books I'm reading at work. Have a pretty decent stack that I've been making my way through much more speedily because of lockdown.

Not like we had much spontaneity since becoming parents, but am missing it more than ever now that our options are even more limited.

Anybody been doing anything new, creative, or exciting in your free time, since the pandemic hit?

Posted by Lews on May-08-2020 17:26:

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Covid is actually working out nicely for me.

My personal portfolio is up more than 400% this year, lol.

I miss bars and friends, though. Can't wait to again be politely offered a car home after I've finished my seventh martini on an empty stomach

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 17:30:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol, forgot about that.

Anybody been doing anything new, creative, or exciting in your free time, since the pandemic hit?

LOL, sheeet no, girl. With my social anxiety and chronic, general depression I avoid anything "new". I stick with what is routine, predictable, and therefore "controllable".

Posted by Lews on May-08-2020 17:31:

I created a Wikipedia account to edit some articles whose inaccuracy and poor grammar was annoying me

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 17:51:

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
LOL, sheeet no, girl. With my social anxiety and chronic, general depression I avoid anything "new". I stick with what is routine, predictable, and therefore "controllable".

Well shit. Thanks for nothing!

Have been doing tons of baking and trying new recipes actually. And as I reply to this I am reminded we have a fuck ton of weed clippings, from last year's plants we grew, that I need to make butter for baked goods!!

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 17:54:

Also all my orders from various online shopping I've done the past few weeks are showing up today. I feel like I just hit the crack pipe!

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 17:57:

The wife bakes constantly. I've gotten her so many kitchen gadgets over the years, she could actually open a pro shop.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 18:01:

I didn't bake much before having a kid, simply because I enjoy sweet treats wayyy too much. But now it's such a joyful activity to do with a toddler. I just pawn most of what we make off onto my husband to take to work. Heheheheh.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on May-08-2020 18:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
My personal portfolio is up more than 400% this year, lol.

I miss bars and friends, though. Can't wait to again be politely offered a car home after I've finished my seventh martini on an empty stomach

I gave up drinking, but I can imagine I'd be knee deep in Yamazaki/Suntory baths during these times if i hadn't.

Bear or bull?

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 18:12:

quote:
I didn't bake much before having a kid, simply because I enjoy sweet treats wayyy too much. But now it's such a joyful activity to do with a toddler. I just pawn most of what we make off onto my husband to take to work. Heheheheh.

A few years ago when I was working out constantly, I would never eat anything the wife baked, with the exception of her mini lemon cakes/cup cakes. Now that I can't do shit from the chronic back pain, I eat whatever she bakes. Fuck it. I've lost every gain I ever made running and lifting. I am going to die fat, ugly, and in pain...but fat and ugly from fabulous baked goods.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 18:20:

Part of me feels bad for laughing at that, but only the part that doesn't react immediately/takes a minute to really think about it.

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 18:22:

Laugh away, JP. I'm bitching about a first world problem. It does frustrate me, though. I worked my ass off, and I finally, for once in my life, was in fabulous shape and had some really good (for me) tone and definition. It took me about 10 years of dedication...and after about a year, it's gone. Like Pete Tong.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 18:31:

If I live to be an old granny, I will most certainly eat exclusively baked goods and chocolate treats.

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 18:35:

I plan to go all Ron White and start the day with a good Scotch and maybe a pack of Camels.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 18:52:

As an ex smoker, BLECH.

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 18:57:

I too am an ex smoker. It's a horrible habit, but it can also be very enjoyable.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 19:09:

I do not agree. I did come to believe the same over the years, but that was because of desensitization to it, not because it was actually pleasurable. I undid/changed all that mind fuckery by reading Allen Carr's 'The Easy Way'. Everything about it is gross!!

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 19:12:

Fair points, all around. If it weren't so horrible from top to bottom, it would easily be a guilty pleasure for me.

Posted by Lews on May-08-2020 20:25:

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
I gave up drinking, but I can imagine I'd be knee deep in Yamazaki/Suntory baths during these times if i hadn't.

Bear or bull?

I've been both. Sold all my equities in January and bought long-term Treasuries. Began buying equities again on 23 March, about an hour after the bottom, apparently. I'm feeling bearish now (ie, today), but we'll see what happens.

Posted by Silky Johnson on May-08-2020 20:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Fair points, all around. If it weren't so horrible from top to bottom, it would easily be a guilty pleasure for me.

Camels though? Yuck.

Posted by Zoso on May-08-2020 20:37:

quote:
Camels though? Yuck.

Eh, I just picked a brand and ran with it, lol. To me, cigarettes were, for the most part, like American pilsner style beers: virtually all the same.

Pages (2): [1] 2 »