TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Is it wrong...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-15-2012 01:19:

Is it wrong...

To laugh at handicapped people? Like not ridicule them and stuff like fat people because they didn't chose to be this way, but are you a bad person if you laugh at those who c walk all the time? I saw one of those guys with the limb disease that makes you walk like a pimp the other day, and I burst out laughing uncontrollably.

The argument is that people who can't help laughing at certain things are bad people, and my side is if you can't control yourself laughing at something (like laugh until it hurts in your gut and cry)it is because it is probably funny.

I mean any attention is better than no attention right?

discuss.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Jun-15-2012 01:25:

I thought that’s what they’re there for?

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-15-2012 01:28:

i know right?

we had this school for the blind down the street from our school when we were kids and a buddy of mine put saran wrap under all of the toilet seats

i mean come on.

edit: and how do you guys think that guy wipes his stump after he shits?

Posted by Intellekshual on Jun-15-2012 01:48:

I don't find anything remotely funny about someone struggling to do something as basic as walking. So yeah, I think it is pretty safe to assume that you're an asshole.

Posted by BTG on Jun-15-2012 01:57:

as long as you are aware that it is wrong i think you're ok.

It's also possible to try and curb your 'evil ways' if you want to.

i'm working on that currently in my life. There's a girl at work who whenever I look at I think "How dare she be this ugly and be in my life"

and I'm actually offended by her just being around.

then i take a step back (in my mind) and say "brad man. that's not cool. Just don't fucking look at her ugly ass and you'll be ok"

Posted by TheTrinity on Jun-15-2012 01:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
I don't find anything remotely funny about someone struggling to do something as basic as walking. So yeah, I think it is pretty safe to assume that you're an asshole.

+1

Posted by Sushipunk on Jun-15-2012 02:00:

quote:
Originally posted by BTG
There's a girl at work who whenever I look at I think "How dare she be this ugly and be in my life"

Posted by TheTrinity on Jun-15-2012 02:00:

quote:
Originally posted by BTG
as long as you are aware that it is wrong i think you're ok.

It's also possible to try and curb your 'evil ways' if you want to.

i'm working on that currently in my life. There's a girl at work who whenever I look at I think "How dare she be this ugly and be in my life"

then i take a step back (in my mind) and say "brad man. that's not cool. Just don't fucking look at her ugly ass and you'll be ok"

difference between you and her is:

shes ugly on the outside. youre ugly on the outside and on the inside.

Posted by BTG on Jun-15-2012 02:02:

quote:
Originally posted by TheTrinity
difference between you and her is:

shes ugly on the outside. youre ugly on the outside and on the inside.

lol no man.

she's like the bottom feeder type.

Just awful. awful awful. she's like 33 and is a grandmother.

I actually consider myself a good person, just this one person...man she's so bad.

Posted by TheTrinity on Jun-15-2012 02:05:

quote:
Originally posted by BTG
lol no man.

she's like the bottom feeder type.

Just awful. awful awful. she's like 33 and is a grandmother.

I actually consider myself a good person, just this one person...man she's so bad.

k then, i retract my statements.

Posted by Vector A on Jun-15-2012 02:08:

I see Matt Damon is winning. Go Matt!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Jun-15-2012 03:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual

we’re ok with it

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-15-2012 14:48:

You laugh uncontrollably when you see somebody walking funny? That sounds like a disability in itself, to me. You're obviously retarded, so it must be ok to say whatever you want about your fellow cripples. You know how it is!

I've met and known several severely 'disabled' people in my life, and not a one of them has stirred my schadenfreude when shaking hands/stumps/flippers with them in person. I can laugh at downsy people over the internet to no end (primarily because they have an all-too common and externally undetectable form of it), but as for those who get out and aren't afraid to be vastly disfigured in the eyes of others, their glaring personality typically compensates for whatever it is they might otherwise lack in form or function. Then again, the ones you see would have robust personalities, as their social facilitators can often prop them up to cult status, in some sense. Do D-list celebrity cripples count?

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-15-2012 14:49:

Also, lol @ 'retarted' in the poll options.

Posted by Chimney on Jun-15-2012 14:52:

No. I see daily people struck by diseases in all forms (including several deaths of relatively young people) and it's nothing fun, especially when you see their suffering in every circumstance. One must always remember that it bad luck can struck at any time for a dear one or even for oneself.

These people have enough trouble as it is trying to mask their insecurities through a faux mask of "newly open horizons" that thee condition supposedly opened for them.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Jun-15-2012 14:56:

The only kind of disability that is truly hilarious is Tourette's. Although I guess it isn't really a disability, but still.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-15-2012 14:59:

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
One must always remember that it bad luck can struck at any time for a dear one or even for oneself.

That would be one of the latent points to laughter and humour, though.

Posted by Joss Weatherby on Jun-15-2012 15:00:

I laugh at Italians all the time.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-15-2012 15:01:

No, you don't.

Posted by Joss Weatherby on Jun-15-2012 15:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
No, you don't.

And how would you know Hal?

Posted by wotyzoid on Jun-15-2012 15:12:

Matt Damon, definitely.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jun-15-2012 15:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
And how would you know Hal?

I know Hal because I AM HAL. What are you implying?!?

Posted by Joss Weatherby on Jun-15-2012 15:18:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
I know Hal because I AM HAL. What are you implying?!?

Heavy acid use.

Posted by PivotTechno on Jun-15-2012 15:28:

^^^

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Jun-15-2012 16:18:

it would be wrong not to laugh at god's little punch lines.

Pages (2): [1] 2 »