TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Production Studio
-- TranceProduction.com - LAUNCHED
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by alanzo on Jul-26-2004 02:40:

Thumbs up TranceProduction.com - LAUNCHED

A project four months in the making... We are launching with eight (very useful) articles for producing trance with several more in the works to be posted in the coming weeks.

"From now on, this site isn't my site or Alan's site, it is your site. It is a community site."

http://www.tranceproduction.com

Posted by enferno on Jul-26-2004 02:50:

Posted by DJ-Igloo on Jul-26-2004 03:11:

wewt !

Posted by nova2wl on Jul-26-2004 04:21:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Igloo
wewt !

double wewt

congrats!

Posted by djkoolaide on Jul-26-2004 07:02:

Great

Posted by Thunder5 on Jul-26-2004 07:38:

Way to Go..

Posted by Subtle on Jul-26-2004 07:44:

why should FL Studio be reviewed by a FL STudio user? I dont think it is objective enough... It gives false ratings like 97%.. sorry for the critisism... great site... nice work.. just dont think FL as worth 97%..

Posted by robin on Jul-26-2004 08:19:

spam

lets check it out

Posted by Teemu on Jul-26-2004 10:02:

WOW! At last!!! I'm already at www.tranceproduction.com!!!

Posted by robin on Jul-26-2004 10:11:

that log-in section is only for staff or is there also a member section or something?

Posted by Sebraa on Jul-26-2004 10:44:

keep it up!! nice

Posted by Vert on Jul-26-2004 11:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
why should FL Studio be reviewed by a FL STudio user? I dont think it is objective enough... It gives false ratings like 97%.. sorry for the critisism... great site... nice work.. just dont think FL as worth 97%..

I'm not an FL user.

es

Posted by robin on Jul-26-2004 12:43:

Satan (eek!)

and 97%! get real..

Posted by kosmostar on Jul-26-2004 14:25:

congrats

Well, alanzo, Cubase really isn't much complicated (at least Cubase SX2). Emagic Logic however maybe complicated.

and Reason afaik is even less complicated than Fruity

Posted by rb2k1 on Jul-26-2004 18:03:

so write a review of cubase and rate it 98%

~Ross B

Posted by Vert on Jul-26-2004 20:50:

quote:
Originally posted by rb2k1
so write a review of cubase and rate it 98%

~Ross B

Posted by Vert on Jul-26-2004 20:52:

It isn't really necessary to have an uproar over a rating for one product. If you don't agree with it, that is fine. But if that is the worst mistake that we have made on the site, then I think we did pretty damn good. All of you keep saying how 97% is wrong, but NO ONE has said anything about where the rating should really be. If enough people can agree on a new number, then I'm willing to ammend it..(we are open here!).

It isn't about how complicated it is, or how much it costs. It is about how the program as a whole fufils it's intended duties. And honestly I think it does a dandy job of it. I'm a cubase user, and frankly I would rate cubase lower.

es

Posted by rb2k1 on Jul-27-2004 04:07:

my comment was making a joke at all the people complaining about the FL Rating

.. whatever

Posted by BetaFactory on Jul-27-2004 08:59:

That's a very interesting site. It was easy to navigate and had a user-friendly design. Keep up the good work.

Posted by J.L. on Jul-27-2004 14:26:

i have used fruity for about 3 years... and to be honest, it has never really let me down... Many people bash it because they say it can't do this and it can't do that, but many people don't know fruity in and out... If I was reviewing fruity, the only thing I would say that sucks is the included synths and samples, which are very easily upgradable...

I do think it got slightly quite high though, and even though I am a fruity fan, I think it deserves around 92% max

Anyways, the site is very well made, and I'm very glad to see that what was once just an idea in a thread, became a fully fledged producing website for trancers and i'm impressed! Good job guys

Posted by reverieX2 on Jul-27-2004 21:05:

Maybe the way to go about ranking gear is to break the ranking system down into categories, for example...

Cost (or maybe value for what you get)
How easy it is to use
Interface and layout
Flexibility
ext…

You would have to explain what each category entails some where on the site and maybe give them a rank out of 10 or something.

As well,
It would be good to have the reviewer rating and then a poll to see what the average Joe’s rating is.

I really enjoyed the site! And my suggestions aren’t meant to bash it just to improve on something already good.

Posted by Teemu on Jul-28-2004 10:02:

Well respected member of Sensorica said that FL is a real shit, and you'll never achieve top notch with it. Use Cubase or Logic for the sound quality, and your hands and brain for perfect music ideas. Dats all, folks ))

Posted by solitude on Jul-28-2004 14:14:

Wink

^^ then ask this guy if he has heard any re:locate / octagen productions

Posted by noikeee on Jul-28-2004 14:59:

these "software wars" are always so cool.

Posted by Tom_cowan on Jul-28-2004 15:23:

quote:
Originally posted by Teemu
you'll never achieve top notch with it.

Well thats a load of shite to start with,

In reply,

1, Sound Quality in Floops is fine, just as good as any other VST Host
2, What you use is all down to personal taste, to believe that one product is better than an other for everybody is to be ignorant.

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »