TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Production Studio
-- Early GAS October

Posted by djnitride on Sep-26-2015 22:52:

Early GAS October

Anyone got the GAS

Thinking of picking up the Wave Alchemy Complete bundle at 50% off myself... Some really nice drum sounds in there.

Posted by DJ RANN on Sep-26-2015 23:10:

As per the other thread, I'm GASsing hard for an Electribe EMX and the VST/AU editor.

And a small format balanced patched bay.

Oh, and I need to pull my finger out and cut the new clear perspex faceplate I made for my vestax mixer.

Posted by Richard Butler on Sep-26-2015 23:16:

Seriously gasing for this (not the Nords any longer)

Listen to this guys patch

And at 7 mins he brings in the phaser, nice sounding phaser, so many phasers sound shite.

Posted by cryophonik on Sep-27-2015 00:32:

I've been GAS'ing for a boutique bass lately. Only $1K per string isn't bad, right?

Posted by tehlord on Sep-27-2015 09:33:

Analog 4 for me.

With overbridge.

I don't know why all the other synth manufacturers don't just give up.

Posted by Mel David on Sep-27-2015 22:49:

Gassing for a Epson DiscProducer just for printing graphics on discs but can't will myself to spend that much. If only they made the EcoTank range with the ability to print on discs!

What do you guys recommend as a disc printer?

I'm still using an Stylus Photo R210, which is probably >10 years old now, but it's a pain to get the disc-tray to load correctly sometimes.

Posted by SystematicX1 on Sep-28-2015 15:34:

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
I've been GAS'ing for a boutique bass lately. Only $1K per string isn't bad, right?

Wtf Dave, 1k per string? Is that for real? It better freakin blow me for that amount

Posted by cryophonik on Sep-28-2015 17:03:

quote:
Originally posted by SystematicX1
Wtf Dave, 1k per string? Is that for real? It better freakin blow me for that amount

Yup, it's a custom Warrior 7-string bass priced at $7K and, no, I won't be buying it. Just dreaming...

My wife is cool with female singers in my studio, but she draws the line at overpriced basses.

Posted by Storyteller on Sep-29-2015 18:03:

Lol paulino

Posted by DjWoody on Sep-29-2015 18:10:

I really want this, but I don't wanna be a guinea pig. lol

Posted by DjWoody on Sep-29-2015 18:11:

This just came out this week too, hoping to get this month or next.

Posted by DJ RANN on Sep-30-2015 00:16:

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
This just came out this week too, hoping to get this month or next.

Yeah, I was really interested in this too but then Pioneer teased the new Turntable prototype which is looking like it's going to have built in positional tracking data and if they really do it, and do it right, Traktor and Serato are going to die a quick and painful death.

Posted by rubez on Sep-30-2015 10:15:

WTF is that?

i've had serato scratch live since the beginning. my SL1 box is still operational. it's at least 10 years old, they have discontinued it now. not keen on the serato dj replacement.

Posted by DJ RANN on Oct-01-2015 01:32:

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
WTF is that?

i've had serato scratch live since the beginning. my SL1 box is still operational. it's at least 10 years old, they have discontinued it now. not keen on the serato dj replacement.

The SL1 was fucking solid in terms of build but it's actually quite shit sounding; it's basically a $50 interface posing as a $500 software dongle.

The SL3 and SL4 were a marked step up in terms of quality but again, at $650 and $800 respectively, they're a joke in terms of value or in comparison to any other audio interface at even half that price point.

The denon is going to sound good, it's tiny (like half the size of an SL2), it's bus powered, and it's only $299. The only question is, will it take a kicking.....?

Posted by Mel David on Oct-02-2015 05:49:

Posted by rubez on Oct-02-2015 10:44:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
The SL1 was fucking solid in terms of build but it's actually quite shit sounding; it's basically a $50 interface posing as a $500 software dongle.

The SL3 and SL4 were a marked step up in terms of quality but again, at $650 and $800 respectively, they're a joke in terms of value or in comparison to any other audio interface at even half that price point.

The denon is going to sound good, it's tiny (like half the size of an SL2), it's bus powered, and it's only $299. The only question is, will it take a kicking.....?

what, is it a 3rd party box for serato dj?

does it use the same records? my peeve with serato is the loud control signal during quiet parts of the track. not a problem in a club environment, but not good for home use.

Posted by tehlord on Oct-02-2015 13:32:

Smart move by Moog

Posted by DJ RANN on Oct-02-2015 20:05:

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
what, is it a 3rd party box for serato dj?

does it use the same records? my peeve with serato is the loud control signal during quiet parts of the track. not a problem in a club environment, but not good for home use.

Yes, it's a serato box made by Denon.

I'm with you on the control tone noise - it's the main reason I barely use DVS. A lot of the time I'm just mixing at low volumes and the tone noise (coming from the needle) is so bad I can't continue.

It's even worse with traktor as the Mk2 vinyls are twice as loud.

This is reason why I'm desperate to see what the Technics Turntable is going to be about; they've been working on a way to have positional tracking data built in to the motor and slipmat. If they get it right, kiss goodbye to serato and traktor hardware.

Posted by DJ RANN on Oct-02-2015 20:08:

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Smart move by Moog

Damn, that will sell like hotcakes. Very smart move indeed, would love to see more on the step sequencer.

Posted by tehlord on Oct-02-2015 21:29:

I've often wondered why stuff like Reface, Electribe 2 and the new Roland Boutique stuff keeps getting made. I know it's all 'ok' and you kinda have to make the best of an instrument but the Moog shows that there is a) corporate will and b) the market to make something affordable AND not shit

And that new Novation Circuit thing.

FML