TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- TOTA DJ MIX - MASTERLIST
Pages (61): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »

Posted by LKD on Jun-14-2007 21:47:

ok heres a question (even though i dont really care about tracklists but based on observation)..

when you guys post tracklists and u have a track name going "ID - ID", does it mean that you purchased a track and dont know the name of? or does it mean you ripped it off a set and mixed it into yours? or is it that u just dont feel you want to share the trackname with anyone??

(not trying to rip into u guys...just a question)

Posted by geroin on Jun-14-2007 22:07:

quote:
Originally posted by sufee_b
"OMG OMG OMG OMG"

simmer down there bud..you made the smart ass remark first, you very well know that with your .3 % comment...I never said discogs isnt the best way, i just said there is ALOT that site does not have on it..I mean ALOT...much of it depends on user's submissions...perhaps the best way is to visit the artist's personal site and look for a discography section...if they have one and don't have it listed, chances are it doesnt exist...

just so you know most personal sites rarely update their discography section. Discogs, juno and beatport are still the best sources to check for new releases. While discogs doesn't always have brand new releases they still have the biggest and the best database out there. And just to prove my point even further, click here

and that ID-ID had me laughing also..lol

Posted by chinamon on Jun-14-2007 22:48:

woooooooooooo

Posted by Yohan on Jun-14-2007 22:59:

quote:
Originally posted by El Kay Dee
ok heres a question (even though i dont really care about tracklists but based on observation)..

when you guys post tracklists and u have a track name going "ID - ID", does it mean that you purchased a track and dont know the name of? or does it mean you ripped it off a set and mixed it into yours? or is it that u just dont feel you want to share the trackname with anyone??

(not trying to rip into u guys...just a question)

I doubt it, but could be a white label vinyl

Posted by sufee_b on Jun-15-2007 01:30:

yea i never understood why DJs posting their own TL put ID in it

Posted by jchung52 on Jun-15-2007 01:59:

cuz apparently its an unknown track...

Posted by sufee_b on Jun-15-2007 02:20:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
cuz apparently its an unknown track...

to the guy who played it?? how could you not know at least the artist?

Posted by LKD on Jun-15-2007 04:16:

quote:
to the guy who played it?? how could you not know at least the artist?

yea so its a rip off some set then and no one could id it??

Posted by sufee_b on Jun-15-2007 13:19:

quote:
yea so its a rip off some set then and no one could id it??

alot of times DJs get promo tracks, or tracks are released but called "untitled" or something..but they always know the artist... ID - ID is just weird...i think it has to do with illegal tracks or the DJ not wanting to share the track name which is gay

Posted by LKD on Jun-15-2007 13:24:

quote:
the DJ not wanting to share the track name

i dont like sharing my tracklists so i dont care but either give a full listing or nothing at all..not a 50% ID-ID thing

Posted by Chris Allen on Jun-15-2007 13:32:

quote:
alot of times DJs get promo tracks, or tracks are released but called "untitled" or something..but they always know the artist... ID - ID is just weird...i think it has to do with illegal tracks or the DJ not wanting to share the track name which is gay

A lot of the times it's a test track, or a track that is very much not-released. Happens all the time, and it's def. not gay.

Us as the public as trainspotters have made it so much more difficult to be a DJ now-a-days. Nothing is secret anymore, and for the general public (and new 'djs' who don't care about quality) they just rip those 'unreleased' tunes and play them anyway.

Remember that a lot of the producer/DJ's like to test our their tunes in a club environment before they actually get released. ID - ID is part of the surprise, part of the excitement, and part of the exclusivity of a DJ playing unknown/unreleased tracks.

Then again, you have the other spectrum, of a bedroom DJ smart enough to label a track played as ID - ID, but stupid enough to play it at all because it's a track they obviously don't have permission to play, and they just don't put the track title down in fear of being hit by a running search from labels (yes, labels do search forums, yes they will rip you to pieces if you're playing stuff you're not supposed to [Max Graham anyone?])

More-so now than ever I'm not surprised to see ID - ID in a proper DJ set, because in today's DJ world, exclusivity means everything because of how quickly people can get tracks.

Posted by LKD on Jun-15-2007 14:57:

^^^^so ur agreeing that its a track ripped off when it comes to djs posting in this thread that arent producers (or havent produced the track)??cos i would imagine a producer putting their own track in a set would give credit to themselves for the track

Posted by Chris Allen on Jun-15-2007 15:26:

quote:
^^^^so ur agreeing that its a track ripped off when it comes to djs posting in this thread that arent producers (or havent produced the track)??cos i would imagine a producer putting their own track in a set would give credit to themselves for the track

Did you even read what I said?

Posted by LKD on Jun-15-2007 15:46:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Allen
Did you even read what I said?

yea but ur talkin bout test tracks that big names drop in. now in the case of local djs such as the ones posting in this thread, please dont tell me that they are making test tracks and putting them in there and there really cant be that many white label vinyls out considering there are hardly any stores selling vinyl either

Posted by sufee_b on Jun-15-2007 16:24:

well i agree with LKD that either post the whole thing or none at all cause for a guy like me who doesnt DJ much at all and likes listening to others, especially locals, it looks weird when the DJ himself puts ID-ID in the tracklist...

as for the other thing i know DJs who get promos from artists in advance and when playing people ask stuff like "whats that track?" or "where did you get that track from?"..they purposely give the run around to especially other DJs asking cause those are tracks either the label or artists has personally given to them and when some other DJs find out they bombard their email account or myspace accounts asking for the same tracks when in most cases they just wont get it...or the artist has specifically said dont tell anyone cause they know they will get bombarded

Posted by jon jon on Jun-15-2007 16:33:

quote:
the artist has specifically said dont tell anyone cause they know they will get bombarded

lol it's less this, more of the fact that they want their track to stay off the soulseek radar... if you don't know the title/artist, you can't download it now can you...

Posted by sufee_b on Jun-15-2007 17:15:

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
lol it's less this, more of the fact that they want their track to stay off the soulseek radar... if you don't know the title/artist, you can't download it now can you...

also...but if they are giving promo tracks that are unreleased, they will only give it to people they can rely on (at least they hope)

Posted by LKD on Jun-16-2007 04:14:

btw chris...those 2 ID tracks....who did them? were they promos?

Posted by Chris Allen on Jun-16-2007 04:26:

quote:
btw chris...those 2 ID tracks....who did them? were they promos?

They're not released, they're not on promo.

Edit - apparently the first track is now released.

The first ID is actually "Jerome Isma-Ae - Phantom", which is now out on Jee Productions. The second ID, absolutely no idea when it will be released.

Direct, and straight from the artist. Since you wanted to know, of course.

Posted by LKD on Jun-16-2007 18:50:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Allen
They're not released, they're not on promo.

Edit - apparently the first track is now released.

The first ID is actually "Jerome Isma-Ae - Phantom", which is now out on Jee Productions. The second ID, absolutely no idea when it will be released.

Direct, and straight from the artist. Since you wanted to know, of course.

see..thats cool but how many others are actually using unreleased stuff actually given by the artists?? theres quite a few sets in here like that

Posted by Endgame on Jun-18-2007 16:42:

I buy whitelabels like its my job. Probably 20% of my record stack I have no idea what the tune is. (Or I know what song it is, but I dont know what the remix is or mashup or whatever)

*shrugs*

Posted by Jem_hadar on Jun-18-2007 21:31:

quote:
Originally posted by Endgame
Endgame - Mile Zero (Spring House Mix 2007)

When the hell am I seeing your next bloody trance (or, OR... TECH-trance) mix released??

Fack.

Posted by sufee_b on Jun-19-2007 13:28:

Linga Sharira - Level B 004 - Slurpy Radio (06-18-07)

LINK

Minilogue - Inca
Stephan Bodzin - Treibsand
ID
Gabriel Ananda - Shelli O
Shlomi Aber - Walking In My Sleep
Rob Lemon - Perfect (Lutzenkirchen Remix)
Robert Babicz - Sin (Gui Boratto Remix)
Ame - Enoi
Seva K - Warm Me
ID
Robert Babicz - Milo Groove
The MFA - Motherload
Moguai - Ataque (Guy Gerber Remix)
Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights

Posted by Mortyman on Jun-26-2007 02:21:

Rasta Next.... Vol 16

Wow. Is it wrong to be so in love with my own mix?
I've listened to this one 8 times over now and still ain't getting sick of it. I mix out of tunes, then bring the same one back in then mix it out again... it was just one of those nights where I sparked 420, hit record and it alllll came together.
Full of tunes played out from 2005 to today, loads of my favorites thrown together in a mix that that will, hopefully, have you from the first toke

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vblzoj

The Digital Pimp - Fourtwentysessions Vol 16
TL
01. Johan Gielen - Kuredu Express
02. Love Machine - Poison
03. Purple Haze - Adrenaline
04. Viceroy - End Game (Joint Operation Center Remix)
05. Breakfast - The Sunlight
06. Thomas Datt - Evaporate (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)
07. Nick Robertson - Identity Crisis
08. Sandra Flynn - Rockin'
09. Wippenberg - Earth
10. Nic Chagall - Monday Bar
11. Mark Norman - Brasilia
12. Acrtic Monkeys - Sun Goes Down (Sander van Doorn Remix)
13. Randy Katana - Another Wave
14. Activa - Airflow (Mac Zimms Remix)

Enjoy

Posted by jchung52 on Jun-27-2007 23:53:

originally a tribal mix but was having fun and turned electroish
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Mindtrap- Much Better Man (Paul Thomas & Funkagenda's ptfc mimic mix)
Angel Moraes- The Operatah (original)
Dario Nunez and David Vio- Festen Roose (original)
Ariel Perazzoli and Ground And- Naughty guy (Willy Sanjuan where is the toilet mix)
Dj Chus- Black Rain (Dj Chus vs Mindskap Muchodrums mix)
Midnight Society pres Tribal D- Dangerzone (Mario Ochoa dub)
Dj Rooster & Sammy Peralta - Let's fuk (workidz over fucked remix)
David Phillips and Chiba Unit- Rolling Hills (original)
Dj Nunez & Hugo Rizzo- Deep Dark Underground (Erich Ensastigue remix)
Chris Reece- Inferno Tropical (original)
Sami Dee & Freddy Jones vs Cry- Gypsy Woman (Da Big room anthem mix)
Eday- Party in miami (Rene Amesz remix)
Da Hool- Tongue Tied (Chique Jewelz Emerald remix)
James Harcourt- Galia Melon (lee coombs remix)
Nardo & Carlo Adios- Forward (original mix)
Claude Vonstroke- Chimps (Alland Byallo remix)
Jim Rivers- Black Box (original)
Bleach Eating Pimps- C U Next Tuesday (Trey Crasseux mix)
Blue Foundation- Sweep (Mikkel Metal Reshape Vox mix)

Pages (61): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »