TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Australia
-- DJ whore/promo thread
Pages (65): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »

Posted by Teflon_Teapot on Mar-24-2006 05:14:

is that you scratching benny? or is it the song?

Posted by narcism on Mar-24-2006 05:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Anomyst
10. Marco V – Red Blue Purple (Marco V 200V LP) [incharge]

under rated TUNE!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Mar-24-2006 06:52:

nice work benjamin. couple of tunes in there i quite liked, only the 1 messy moment, and that was as short as begic's dick. i think you need to put together a big fairy hands in the air epic trance mix for me

Posted by Aesthetic on Mar-24-2006 06:57:

It's not the size of the tool it's how you use it pkc.

Nice mix ben, track #2 ftw!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Mar-24-2006 07:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Aesthetic

dont ever let anyone tell you youre not a big tool buddy

quote:

#3 for me.

Posted by Mortyman on Mar-24-2006 07:41:

Niiiice work Ben! I like your style.. always throw some classics in there for good measure! Love Anti Matter! I open with that one on my Vol 10

Posted by kittn on Mar-26-2006 13:58:

Please download my mix.

It is called Mash. It is the second part of a two-part demo, titled "Bangers & Mash".

Perhaps you might have already gathered that Bangers is made up of, well, banging tracks, some might describe them as hard trance, hard tech-trance, a combination of both or, if they are less disposed towards said genres, as "that doof-doof shit."
Bangers is still in production (it would have been done tonight but my brain has decided it has had quite enough of beatmatching for one weekend, thank you very much) and will follow shortly.

Moving on to Mash then, this could may well be that "big fairy hands in the air epic trance mix" mentioned earlier. But it's not. It's just a bunch of trance tracks I'm liking at the moment. A few more vocal tracks than would normally make it into my set, but what the hey. Cheese is tasty.

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

(82MB)

Tracklisting:

Snappiness (Oliver Prime Remix) -- Beetseekers
Helsinki Scorchin' -- DJ Tab & Super8
Larry Mountains 54 (Inkfish Remix) -- David West, feat. Andreas H
Shivver -- Agnelli and Nelson feat. The Burn
Shivers (Rising Star Original Mix) -- Armin van Buuren
Typhoon -- Re:Locate
Language (Santiago Nino Dub Tech Mix) -- Hammer and Bennett
Alone Tonight (Above and Beyond's Club Mix) -- Above and Beyond
Remember Me (Terry Bones Remix) -- Interstate
Babylon (Icone Remix) -- Hemstock and Jennings
Without You (Dogzilla 12'' Mix) -- Dogzilla

Posted by bec on Mar-27-2006 00:19:

^^I'm listening now (it's on repeat in fact) It's bringing back memories of A&B @GK last year!

nice one ta for the cd too! (complete with choc icing!)

Posted by Anomyst on Mar-27-2006 01:04:

quote:

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated!!!!!!

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 06:03:

quote:
Originally posted by bec
ta for the cd too! (complete with choc icing!)

Oh yeah, sorry about that! I must have got icing on my fingers when the cakes were in transit from the kitchen to the car, and didn't notice when I picked the CD up.

At least you know it's chocolate icing.

Posted by bec on Mar-27-2006 06:13:

btw that choc cake was good! I would have eaten more if we didn't have so many cakes and I wasn't chocolated out. (but thanks to you guys my 5kg box now contains much less for me to scoff thankfully!)

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Mar-27-2006 06:57:

quote:
Originally posted by kittn
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

(82MB)

Tracklisting:

well, being a longtime olivia fan im harder on you than other TA amateurs

a few really nice tunes in there, but omg i almost turned gay from having to listen to all that male vocal stuff male vocals in trance make baby jesus cry! some of the mixes were a lil late for me too. but i really liked the first 2-3 tunes.

i look forward to bangers!

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 07:11:

Oh right, which mixes did you think were late?
Some I had to leave a little later (1min 30 instead of 2 or 3 minutes) so there wasn't nasty clashing of pads and stuff.
Shivver into Shivers....oi vey. That was only barely passable - the rest I was actually pretty happy with.

And pfft about male vocals. I think it's a nice change from heavily eastern European-accented chicks warbling about lurve. (Which strangely enough don't stimulate any lesbian tendencies in me at all.)

Oh and Bec - just because we were sitting in front of the box for half an hour doesn't mean it was just me and Nathan - we had help from all quarters!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Mar-27-2006 08:53:

quote:
Oh right, which mixes did you think were late?

Some I had to leave a little later (1min 30 instead of 2 or 3 minutes) so there wasn't nasty clashing of pads and stuff.
Shivver into Shivers....oi vey. That was only barely passable - the rest I was actually pretty happy with.

haha, i dunno. i like a nice overlay off basslines (which may well have been there and im just shit). might just be i didnt like the intros/outrous of some of the tunes so they felt longer to me. im really not very patient, haha. is why i have a strong dislike for almost all the other genres (i do try though, trouse ftw! )

um, and im not even exactly sure what a pad is shut up people.

quote:
And pfft about male vocals. I think it's a nice change from heavily eastern European-accented chicks warbling about lurve.

no, you know what a nice change from male vocals is? silence. hours and hours of silence. days even. being stabbed in the eye. ones family being hunted down by a retarded murderer with terrible paulsy whilst you prolapse the entire contents of your bowels in your pants.

these are all nice changes
sorry, i just cant stand soft poppy male vocals.

simon & garfunkel!!!

but an n-sync rick astley hybrid?

Posted by Philby on Mar-27-2006 09:09:

quote:
Please download my mix.

wow she goes for the 'please' unlike our friend soups hehe

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 09:52:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
haha, i dunno. i like a nice overlay off basslines (which may well have been there and im just shit).

Um, yeah.. there's overlaying basslines, and then there's making a mix that sounds like you couldn't decide which track you want to be playing right now.
I know it was a typo but it really would have sounded like "off basslines"
They made EQ's for a reason you know. :P
But (I'm sorry if this is sounding defensive, it's not meant to be) with the exception of the mix into Dogzilla which was 1.20 long, everything else was 2 minutes or longer... so actually I'm pretty stoked that you couldn't tell where the mixes began and ended.

quote:
might just be i didnt like the intros/outrous of some of the tunes so they felt longer to me. im really not very patient, haha. is why i have a strong dislike for almost all the other genres (i do try though, trouse ftw! )

Jesus, I'm surprised you can handle trance at all then!

quote:
um, and im not even exactly sure what a pad is shut up people.

Ahem, it's the mainstay of trance, most commonly heard at the very top of the mix in the form of a sustained string note. Sounds like absolute vomit when you have to tweak it.

quote:
no, you know what a nice change from male vocals is? silence. hours and hours of silence. days even. being stabbed in the eye. ones family being hunted down by a retarded murderer with terrible paulsy whilst you prolapse the entire contents of your bowels in your pants.

You're really quite opinionated, aren't you?

Fair enough, and as we like to say *sarcastic cough* each to their own.

(I generally don't like vocal trance, full stop. I guess Lala is rubbing off on me. Eek.)

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 10:07:

quote:
Originally posted by Philby
wow she goes for the 'please' unlike our friend soups hehe

But of course! I have to convince you to d/l 80 meg of amateur mixing.. I'd go for the "please" every time!

BTW I tried to d/l your mix but it fails... it could be my dodgy quicktime setup but do you know if the file is still there, or is it one of those weird ones that expires?

Posted by Philby on Mar-27-2006 10:36:

quote:
But of course! I have to convince you to d/l 80 meg of amateur mixing.. I'd go for the "please" every time!

BTW I tried to d/l your mix but it fails... it could be my dodgy quicktime setup but do you know if the file is still there, or is it one of those weird ones that expires?

haha ok i'll remember that for next time i try one
i just checked, the file is still there. when you click on the link the page will load and there will be a little box saying 'please wait 45 seconds'. when that is done a little ad will be in the same spot, click the 'x' to close the ad and it will reveal another box saying 'get download' or something, click that and it should be fine. far out complicated hey hehe.

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 10:48:

Yeah I get that bit, the actual download process isn't a problem, but then I get the next page with a big Q on it and no further. I can't even go "save link as" and download it that way.
I think I need to fix my Quicktime plugins.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Mar-27-2006 10:50:

hey, i dont pretend to know anything. in fact im quite honest on a regular basis that that im an ignorant little shit

just my impressions on first listen. and in no way am i saying i could do better

quote:
I know it was a typo but it really would have sounded like "off basslines"
They made EQ's for a reason you know. :P
But (I'm sorry if this is sounding defensive, it's not meant to be)

with the exception of the mix into Dogzilla which was 1.20 long, everything else was 2 minutes or longer... so actually I'm pretty stoked that you couldn't tell where the mixes began and ended.

i will always enjoy a tune more the second time i hear it. theres so much crap out there and intros/outros are often so generic its hard (for me) to really get into them sometimes. thus not hearing the less obvious evolution of the incoming track mightve been a problem (for me).

but yeah, sounding a bit defensive kiddo its just an opinion, and even though im likely to be wrong, thats just how i (as a punter) saw (haha, heard) it and like i said, i hold you to a higher standard than other people coz youve been playing out for as long as ive been going out to listen to music

as foremostly a punter (and a fan) ultimately its my job to tell you what to play or what i like to hear or how (i think) i like to hear it.

quote:
Jesus, I'm surprised you can handle trance at all then!

most trance i dont like, no like i said i liked some of the songs, but maybe not so many of the intros/outros on first listen.

quote:
You're really quite opinionated, aren't you?

well, i think you should have strong opinions about everything you care about, dont you? hating male vocals forms an integral part of my love for trance! plus, i wanted to use that rectal prolapse comment i stole from some PC gaming review i read years ago

but yeah, if you asked my friends to describe me, opinionated would be a common response i dont think im any more opinionated than anyone else, just more upfront and honest about it

quote:
Fair enough, and as we like to say *sarcastic cough* each to their own.

exactly right! its not like im saying male vocals are worse than country and western, elvis, the beatles, DnB, handbag house, traditional classical or anything

feel free to DL my mix and take me to pieces cant improve without criticism.

quote:
(I guess Lala is rubbing off on me. Eek.)

you dont want anything from lala land rubbing off on you! (would you begic!? ) certainly not that 70yo that had a crack at me @ nickson

fuck, thats a long response. hey, but youre worth it

Posted by Philby on Mar-27-2006 10:58:

quote:
Yeah I get that bit, the actual download process isn't a problem, but then I get the next page with a big Q on it and no further. I can't even go "save link as" and download it that way.
I think I need to fix my Quicktime plugins.

hmm looks like you need to change something in your browser or quicktime settings so it doesn't try to load in quicktime automatically, there should be an option somewhere! thanks for trying anyway hehe

haha raistlin have a crack son!

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 11:15:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
but yeah, sounding a bit defensive kiddo

Oops
It's hard not to be, when it's something this close to your heart. *blush*

quote:
coz youve been playing out for as long as ive been going out to listen to music

Man, talk about making a girl feel old!
(Clinging to the idea that I started young)

quote:
as foremostly a punter (and a fan) ultimately its my job to tell you what to play or what i like to hear or how (i think) i like to hear it.

To a point, yes - but I play music because I like it and want to share it. If I played too much of "what people wanted to hear" I'd be a sellout. It's a fine line.

quote:
feel free to DL my mix and take me to pieces cant improve without criticism.

Doing so now *rubbing hands together*

quote:
you dont want anything from lala land rubbing off on you! (would you begic!? ) certainly not that 70yo that had a crack at me @ nickson

When it's the only place in town that books proper trance DJs, you take what you can get. :/

quote:
fuck, thats a long response. hey, but youre worth it

Aw, shucks!

Posted by Philby on Mar-27-2006 11:43:

quote:
Please download my mix.

It is called Mash. It is the second part of a two-part demo, titled "Bangers & Mash".

Perhaps you might have already gathered that Bangers is made up of, well, banging tracks, some might describe them as hard trance, hard tech-trance, a combination of both or, if they are less disposed towards said genres, as "that doof-doof shit."
Bangers is still in production (it would have been done tonight but my brain has decided it has had quite enough of beatmatching for one weekend, thank you very much) and will follow shortly.

Moving on to Mash then, this could may well be that "big fairy hands in the air epic trance mix" mentioned earlier. But it's not. It's just a bunch of trance tracks I'm liking at the moment. A few more vocal tracks than would normally make it into my set, but what the hey. Cheese is tasty.

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

(82MB)

Tracklisting:

just finished listening, i thought the mixing was pretty good, but i didn't like into and out of 'shivers' that much. don't really like some of the vocal tracks, but you started with oliver prime which gets three thumbs up from me

Posted by kittn on Mar-27-2006 12:50:

Yeah I agree, Shivers is the weakest part of the mix, and I really only put it in there because I knew my friend Jim would like it. It was a bastard too, because the two tracks were *just* out of key.

Meanwhile, raistlin's mix came in fine from megaupload, without any mucking about with my settings, so it must just be yours that's feeling special. Hmm.

Posted by Philby on Mar-27-2006 13:04:

quote:
Yeah I agree, Shivers is the weakest part of the mix, and I really only put it in there because I knew my friend Jim would like it. It was a bastard too, because the two tracks were *just* out of key.

Meanwhile, raistlin's mix came in fine from megaupload, without any mucking about with my settings, so it must just be yours that's feeling special. Hmm.

well i don't know anything about keys hehe
it just didn't sound right to me, the two vocals going at the same time and also it didn't seem like you brought it in very loud while you were mixing, i think, not sure exactly how to write it. better than my one anyway, although i've since made another one i haven't uploaded thats better.

dunno whats going on with mine, i'm downloading it now...
i can always mail it to ya hehe

Pages (65): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »