TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The MMA thread
Pages (26): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »

Posted by Renzo on Nov-02-2009 22:14:

I've missed Fedor. I can't wait.

Posted by amp3 on Nov-03-2009 01:11:

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

word

Posted by Danny Ocean on Nov-03-2009 03:56:

"create distance, and grab a chair"
"danga da danga da da"
"he tried to kill me, so now i gotta return the favor"

Posted by Schadenfreude on Nov-03-2009 04:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

not me. i will be interested when he wants to fight the best fighters in the world and not dodge the big time.

Posted by astroboy on Nov-03-2009 05:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Schadenfreude
not me. i will be interested when he wants to fight the best fighters in the world and not dodge the big time.

He'll fight if Dana allows M1 to co-promote and lets Fedor keep fighting Sambo. As it stands it seems Dana won't budge on those issues, but keeps offering to throw more money at him.

Posted by squirrelly on Nov-03-2009 14:32:

quote:
Originally posted by shaw
is anybody watching the ultimate fighter?

I haven't since the first one, but, I'll admit it, I got sucked in by the kimbo hype. hatehatehate

gabe had the worst fight and worst cut I think I've ever seen in MMA. I'm not sure which was more horrifyingly bad.

This season is terrible. First of all - Rampage is annoying as hell. Second of all - how did all those big dudes even get into the Ultimate Fighter? The majority SUCK. I haven't been impressed by ANYONE.

Last weeks fight was just sad. By the end of round one they were just swinging and swinging without even looking. Round two just made you want it to be over. No fucking stamina.

Posted by iammesol on Nov-03-2009 15:01:

quote:
Originally posted by squirrelly
This season is terrible. First of all - Rampage is annoying as hell. Second of all - how did all those big dudes even get into the Ultimate Fighter? The majority SUCK. I haven't been impressed by ANYONE.

Last weeks fight was just sad. By the end of round one they were just swinging and swinging without even looking. Round two just made you want it to be over. No fucking stamina.

Agreed.

Posted by Arbiter on Nov-03-2009 21:47:

quote:
Originally posted by squirrelly

The heavyweight division has no depth, and even among top heavyweights conditioning is frequently an issue. That's why they usually don't do heavyweights on the ultimate fighter. Last time they included heavyweights was all the way back in season 2, but half of that cast was actually light heavyweights, including the three best fighters on the TUF 2 "heavyweight" roster: Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine, and Mike Whitehead. Further, they only had to dig up 8 heavyweights for that show, which was split between heavyweights and welterweights, but for this one they needed a full cast of 16. That has clearly involved scraping the bottom of the barrel: bringing back proven failures like Wes Sims and a bunch of ex-NFL players with no MMA experience. It shows, but it's not really surprising.

Posted by Schadenfreude on Nov-03-2009 22:06:

this season is terrible, because the heavyweight division has always been boring. 1 dimensional fighters that run out of gas and are only there due to their size. snore.

btw astroboy, dana agreed to let him fight sambo. Why should he let M 1 co promote? Who the hell are they anyway? You have the highest profile fight organization throwing you buckets of money to give you the chance to leave a real legacy as the best fighter of his era and he says no. Sorry, Fedor does not want to fight the best, because he does not have to to make a payday

Mirko Cop Out is what i call him now.

Posted by astroboy on Nov-04-2009 00:24:

quote:
Originally posted by Schadenfreude
btw astroboy, dana agreed to let him fight sambo. Why should he let M 1 co promote? Who the hell are they anyway? You have the highest profile fight organization throwing you buckets of money to give you the chance to leave a real legacy as the best fighter of his era and he says no. Sorry, Fedor does not want to fight the best, because he does not have to to make a payday

Yeah I don't think he should let m1 co-promote, he is running a business after all. But I think if he did then Fedor would fight... To a great extent I think you are right about making a payday.

I just think unlike most of the chest-beating, ego-driven sports figures these days he really has doesn't give a shit about being "the greatest" and leaving a legacy. He's stated in numerous interviews that he doesn't consider himself a great fighter, he just sees himself as an athlete who loves training and participating in his sport. As long as he can do what he enjoys every day, feed his family and stay loyal to his mates he's happy. I also think because of that lack of ego, Dana's constant attempts to bait him into signing by calling him an overrated punk and a fraud in the media, then trying to appeal to his ego, offering him a chance to "prove how good he is" and throwing cash at him (which would work on any other fighter) will only have the opposite effect on Fedor - which must confuse the heck out of Dana!

Posted by Arbiter on Nov-04-2009 03:28:

Choose your favorite Fedor Emelianenko anagram:

Eek, Fireman Noodle
Foreman Lee Oinked
Manlike Foe Redone
Meanie Floored Ken
Naked Feline Romeo

Posted by xtr3m on Nov-04-2009 03:58:

How about The Baddest Man on the Planet?

Posted by astroboy on Nov-04-2009 04:53:

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter

Naked Feline Romeo

Posted by squirrelly on Nov-04-2009 15:07:

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
The heavyweight division has no depth, and even among top heavyweights conditioning is frequently an issue. That's why they usually don't do heavyweights on the ultimate fighter. Last time they included heavyweights was all the way back in season 2, but half of that cast was actually light heavyweights, including the three best fighters on the TUF 2 "heavyweight" roster: Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine, and Mike Whitehead. Further, they only had to dig up 8 heavyweights for that show, which was split between heavyweights and welterweights, but for this one they needed a full cast of 16. That has clearly involved scraping the bottom of the barrel: bringing back proven failures like Wes Sims and a bunch of ex-NFL players with no MMA experience. It shows, but it's not really surprising.

I completely agree and understand that - but that's my point in the long run. Why have 16 fighters from the bottom of the barrel instead of mixing it with other weight classes?

I like MMA because of the mixed martial arts, I don't feel as though we're getting much of that this season.

And to be honest, I think Rampage is a douche. I hope a repeat of the end of the Henderson-Bisping fight happens

Posted by iammesol on Nov-04-2009 16:32:

I wish there'd be a repeat too, but Rampage is so douchey that he quit MMA

Posted by amp3 on Nov-05-2009 16:58:

Wow so Rampage didn't get shut-out. I am all over the Marcus Jones bandwagon. He reminds me of Bubba Smith's character in police academy. He would be a gardener if he wasn't doing this right now. Don't think he will win it all, but I think he can beat titties.

Posted by Schadenfreude on Nov-05-2009 19:23:

rampage jackson is a coward.

Posted by squirrelly on Nov-05-2009 19:30:

+354681681681

Posted by Schadenfreude on Nov-05-2009 19:32:

doors don't hit back, and this is the second time that he has dodged rashad.

good riddance, if you are scared to fight go play mr t in a movie.

Posted by Kiid_Klutch on Nov-06-2009 04:20:

Arlovski

Posted by Boomer187 on Nov-06-2009 04:36:

i kind of think Rampage is hilarious. Him and Rashaad are both babies though.

Posted by Renzo on Nov-08-2009 02:57:

Mousasi is pretty good.

Posted by Renzo on Nov-08-2009 04:11:

Fedor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Renzo on Nov-08-2009 04:14:

Rogers gave him a hell of a fight, though.

Posted by Pete K on Nov-08-2009 04:14:

right on the button

good stoppage by big John....I will say that I'm very impressed by Rogers...good fight.

Pages (26): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »