TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Production Studio
-- Professional Ghost Productions For Sale...
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »

Posted by DjWoody on Apr-05-2012 19:45:

Dunno Professional Ghost Productions For Sale...

Oh wow!!!! I'm speechless.

http://rebelutionstudios.net/

Posted by ShabbaRANNx on Apr-05-2012 20:08:

Good god, has it really come to this?

quote:
We produce pumping tracks for you to release under your name. You get the credit, fame, girls, and DJ gigs..

I mean all the big cheesey DJ's have/do it, but I mean, outwardly offering it on a public platform?

Posted by cryophonik on Apr-05-2012 20:47:

Re: Professional Ghost Productions For Sale...

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody

http://rebelutionstudios.net/

It's probably one of us.

Posted by DjWoody on Apr-05-2012 20:49:

Re: Re: Professional Ghost Productions For Sale...

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
It's probably one of us.

Funny thing is, that was the first thing that came to mind.

Posted by Storyteller on Apr-05-2012 22:03:

Not that weird is it. We all knew ghost producers existed. Now they're available for everyone, and pretty cheap even hehe.

Posted by meriter on Apr-05-2012 22:40:

site isn't loading for me

Posted by Raphie on Apr-05-2012 22:40:

Ok i'll admit....

Posted by TranceLover007 on Apr-05-2012 22:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Raphie
Ok i'll admit....

Oh comm'n you too, I though I'm alone in this

Posted by DjWoody on Apr-06-2012 01:09:

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
site isn't loading for me

Haha They took it down. They've been getting a lot shit on Facebook.

Posted by MSZ on Apr-06-2012 01:20:

i thought it was common for studios to ghost write?

i seen this link from glenn morrison

http://www.alpinemastering.com/

it has ghost writing services and a picture of him on the link which is rather funny/ironic because deadmau5 says he solely ghost produced glenn's biggest hits, and it does sound like it.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Apr-06-2012 01:34:

it isn't common.

The only people that seem to use ghost writers are djs that are so fucking insecure that they can't let anyone know they have no talent because the dance scene is the only scene where someone with nothing can actually fake it and get away with it. Even Snooky says her own lines. Every other act that uses other people manages to credit them.

Posted by Trancelover03591 on Apr-06-2012 01:40:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
deadmau5 says he solely ghost produced glenn's biggest hits, and it does sound like it.

Oh wow. I have recently gotten into Glenn Morrisons stuff and him and Jerome Ismae were kind of my new favorite producers.

I think it is strange that someone who masters tracks would need or want a ghostwriter though.

Am I wrong in assuming ghostwriting for big name DJs like Tiesto or Steve Aoki is more profitable than getting your track released on a large EDM label that works on royalties? It seems like getting a check for 20,000 dollars (I don't know how much you would get) for a track that you would never get credit for would be a lot more stable than trying to make that much by getting 25 cents a download or something in royalties.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Apr-06-2012 01:43:

alot of people ie raphie jump to mastering because they can't mix or produce. Its like the new djing

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Apr-06-2012 01:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover03591
Oh wow. I have recently gotten into Glenn Morrisons stuff and him and Jerome Ismae were kind of my new favorite producers.

I think it is strange that someone who masters tracks would need or want a ghostwriter though.

Am I wrong in assuming ghostwriting for big name DJs like Tiesto or Steve Aoki is more profitable than getting your track released on a large EDM label that works on royalties? It seems like getting a check for 20,000 dollars (I don't know how much you would get) for a track that you would never get credit for would be a lot more stable than trying to make that much by getting 25 cents a download or something in royalties.

if you can't put it on your resume, it isn't worth doing. And there are only a few that could pay enough hush money to make one even consider it.

Posted by MSZ on Apr-06-2012 08:55:

quote:

You know what to do then, go get ghosted and reap the rewards. So worth it! Just rememeber; everyone is for sale. Go get em' tiger.

Posted by Storyteller on Apr-06-2012 10:45:

I'm surprised they took the site down that fast. I don't see a problem offering these type of services out in the open.

The only funny thing was to see certain talented musicians getting emails in the hope they would buy ghost produced tracks.

Posted by Raphie on Apr-06-2012 12:46:

Guys it was a SCAM.... wasn't even their pic.

The privacy was mutual.... you name 3 tracks, they "create" your track, you pay, you get NOTHING...... where you gonna moan, telling everybody you wanted to buy ghost tracks... perfect scam for all the eager wannabee produca's.....

Posted by Trancelover03591 on Apr-06-2012 13:43:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
You know what to do then, go get ghosted and reap the rewards. So worth it! Just rememeber; everyone is for sale. Go get em' tiger.

I just meant I need to find whoever made glenns tracks to listen to more of their stuff instead of looking to someone who was just buying good tracks.

Posted by Storyteller on Apr-06-2012 13:46:

quote:
I just meant I need to find whoever made glenns tracks to listen to more of their stuff instead of looking to someone who was just buying good tracks.

so look into deadmau5 then

Posted by Subtle on Apr-06-2012 16:38:

quote:
So Deadmau5 helped Glenn Morrison make some of his tracks.

Posted by Rodri Santos on Apr-06-2012 16:59:

quote:

I'd say 90% of the djs are in the business for fame and recognition to a certain degree, there's nothing wrong with it and it's natural.

There are some guys that are fame feeded like Tiesto or Aoki as you say so you make 20,000$ a week and they can keep doing jesus poses.

Posted by Subtle on Apr-06-2012 17:28:

If you`re good at producing but bad at writing tracks you`re better off producing for someone else. Its a win win situation.

Posted by Beatflux on Apr-06-2012 17:55:

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
alot of people ie raphie jump to mastering because they can't mix or produce. Its like the new djing

Duda was saying that the best mixers tend to be musicians so that they mix musically and not technically.

Posted by deadmau5 on Apr-07-2012 16:03:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
i seen this link from glenn morrison

http://www.alpinemastering.com/

it has ghost writing services and a picture of him on the link which is rather funny/ironic because deadmau5 says he solely ghost produced glenn's biggest hits, and it does sound like it.

oh god the irony. ghost ghost writing. ... yeah i remember back in 2008 at i literally donated him "no sudden moves" and "contact" because they were too much in the same vein as "not exactly" at the time, so i unloaded the masters to glenn to release for some stupid ass reason ill never fully understand.

Sadly, yes, there are still quite a handful of "producers" that can't produce. Its not nearly as common and prevalent as it was a few years back, but yeah... if you enter that world, just make sure you're ready to lawyer up in a few years. It's gets ridiculess... ghost writting is the faux pas term for what everyone likes to call "executive producer" these days.... i guess it sounds less untalented or something.

Posted by Rodri Santos on Apr-07-2012 16:30:

lol the kick and the snare sound so deadmau5 true fact, donating tracks... hilarious.

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »