TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The MMA thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »

Posted by Nerologic on Aug-08-2010 17:18:

Guidaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Stand up win, for a stand up guy. Besides BJ Penn, he is one of the nicest MMA fighters I have ever met/chilled with.

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Women brought it on themselves....this is what you get when you want to vote and leave the kitchen.

sup /b/?

quote:
Originally posted by amp3
god damnit sonnen. You had it.

He did, but if you listen Rogan kept on saying in the background that you can not rule or Silva until the very end.

And look what happen? Silva's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu shinned in the end to set up that triangle...

Also, Jon Fitch is on fire right now. I just hope he improves on his strength training. I want to see him fight more standing then on the ground..

Posted by Boomer187 on Aug-08-2010 17:47:

quote:
Originally posted by koky69
Best fight in a long time? Are you serious? Sonnens punches arent the best but after last night it looks like hes been working on his striking a bit. I like both fighters but cant help thinking. Maybe Silva didn't even train for this fight? He didn't look that sharp. He was throwing haymakers. WTF was that ? The most precise fighter in history throwing blows like that? Hmmm something doesnt sound right

He did not look normal at all, this is why I actually believe him that he has a rib injury.

Posted by Spam on Aug-08-2010 19:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
He did not look normal at all, this is why I actually believe him that he has a rib injury.

Ya, his takedown defense was NOT there in this fight, and I have a feeling that it's because spreading eagle to stop a take-down may put heavy pressure on the ribs.

Silva wasn't his twisty, dodgy ol' self either (except for in round 4), and he was lying flat on his back instead of curling up and staying close to Sonnen as per his usual mounted defense.

One day, we'll see a rematch. But probably not before GSP.

Posted by Spam on Aug-08-2010 19:17:

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
silva had his hands down the whole fight including on the ground..

how does he not bleed?

maybe sonnens punches were that weak..

He was pacing himself for 5 rounds. You can't throw knock-out punches and keep going at the pace he was pushing for 5 straight rounds. Silva also has really good head movement, so a lot of the force is absorbed.

Silva had already started to test the waters on that triangle in round 4, and come round 5 you could see that he was trying to set up the submit almost immediately from the moment he was put on his back. It was a good call to wait til the later rounds to start setting in submits too, it can be really hard to submit a guy in the early stages of a fight when they still have their strength and aren't winded yet.

Great fight overall.

Posted by Pete K on Aug-08-2010 20:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187

grabs at his rib and says something...i usually don't believe fighters after a less than sub par performance when they claim an injury...but i believe him here.

Posted by koky69 on Aug-10-2010 02:39:

I heard Kimbo is fighting Kenny Florian next and the winner fights Chael Sonnen for Andersons belt.

Posted by Nerologic on Aug-10-2010 18:33:

quote:
Originally posted by koky69
I heard Kimbo is fighting Kenny Florian next and the winner fights Chael Sonnen for Andersons belt.

lol

I pray this is true.

Florian will beat the shit out of Kimbo.

Posted by iammesol on Aug-11-2010 18:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Pete K

Beautiful.

Good call on the rib injury discourse. All makes sense now.

Posted by Renzo on Aug-23-2010 18:20:

King Mo and Bobby Lashley? Some people lost some bets this weekend.

Posted by Nerologic on Aug-23-2010 19:07:

I can't wait to see Penn fighting back at 100%!

Posted by Pete K on Aug-28-2010 01:32:

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
King Mo and Bobby Lashley? Some people lost some bets this weekend.

i was pretty pressed with Noons, minus the knee. not a bad card.

tomorrow night, this one might be for the books.

Posted by iammesol on Aug-28-2010 02:24:

HEY PRINSUSS

Posted by RapidFire on Aug-28-2010 02:59:

so excited for toney- couture. just to finally see two top guys from boxing and mma go head to head... might not answer the big question but itll be entertaining as hell.

hopefully frankie takes the main event, he deserves to be the champ.

Posted by iammesol on Aug-28-2010 16:37:

Here we go:

Penn
Couture
Maia
Diaz
Lauzon

Diaz vs. Davis is going to be SICK though.

Posted by Boomer187 on Aug-28-2010 16:42:

Watching some pre fight stuff...toney is my fav fighter right now! He has an amazing talk game.

This should be a good night o fights.

Posted by WittyHandle on Aug-28-2010 16:44:

I always think this says the MDMA thread. I doubt that MMA & MDMA pair well together though.

Posted by iammesol on Aug-28-2010 16:45:

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I always think this says the MDMA thread. I doubt that MMA & MDMA pair well together though.

I can not imagine that at all. lol

Posted by Arbiter on Aug-28-2010 17:17:

118 should be good.

The preliminary card doesn't have a lot of name value, but it's well matched. Piece-Alves is an interesting bout between a fairly impressive Brazilian prospect and a very tough underrated fighter in Pierce. Dan Miller has a must-win matchup with John Salter, but Miller struggles when he isn't the better wrestler, and Salter is quite good in that area. Osipczak-Soto is a little inexplicable given their recent and divergent results against Matt Riddle, but Soto should look better with the benefit of a full training camp. Winner-Lentz is an interesting little fight between two guys flying under the radar at 155; I think Lentz wins yet another fight that he isn't supposed to. Finally, Gabe Ruediger might surprise some TUF noobs against Joe Lauzon; I project a close decision which goes to Joe.

As for the main card, Marcus Davis looked pretty horrible in his last two bouts, so I think his age has caught up with him. So, I think Nate Diaz plunks him early. Mario Miranda has the skills to make things interesting against Demian Maia, but I have to think it eventually winds up on the ground and from there it's probably just a matter of time. Maynard-Florian is maybe the most interesting bout on the card, and I think the result depends largely on the extent to which Maynard follows a prudent, if unexciting, gameplan. James Toney is brain damaged and shouldn't be permitted to fight in boxing, much less MMA where he has no experience. And, finally, I'd like to see Frankie Edgar win again; the guy gets no respect and it's BS. However, it's going to be tough, as I think Penn will mix things up and be less predictable this time around, and it was really Penn's predictability that did him in last time.

Posted by Renzo on Aug-28-2010 18:57:

Penn gets his title back tonight. Le's do this.

Posted by iammesol on Aug-28-2010 20:42:

quote:

Yes. I also pick Florian.

Posted by iammesol on Aug-29-2010 01:41:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW @ Lauzon!

When did his wrestling get like that‽

Posted by Arbiter on Aug-29-2010 04:43:

Posted by Zombie0729 on Aug-29-2010 04:48:

quote:

fail.

Posted by The17sss on Aug-29-2010 08:38:

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
so excited for toney- couture. just to finally see two top guys from boxing and mma go head to head... might not answer the big question but itll be entertaining as hell.

James Toney the other day:
quote:
You will see how James Toney boxes. You will see that James Toney hits hard. You will see why James Toney hardly ever gets hit. As far as takedowns come, I welcome them. If he tries to take me down, it's going to be a short night for him. A very short night.

Posted by jupiterone on Aug-29-2010 08:41:

couture had no fucking challenge

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »