TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Music Discussion
-- Will Sasha and John Digweed
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »

Posted by raver31 on Jan-20-2016 07:17:

Will Sasha and John Digweed

play together again in the near future. Last set of them i have is Sasha & John Digweed - Bonaroo Festival (Manchester,Tennessee) (17-06-2007). There is nothing new after this one from what i found out.

So do u think they will get back together like they did for the delta heavy tour

Posted by enydo on Jan-20-2016 07:44:

no

Posted by Mr.Mystery on Jan-20-2016 09:04:

Sausage.

Posted by Vector A on Jan-20-2016 11:06:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Sausage and John Digweed.

Posted by blackplasma on Jan-20-2016 11:27:

I never knew his first name was Will.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jan-20-2016 22:37:

Pretty sure they played together up until 2009, but by all accounts they have fallen out. Although from the soundbites I've heard it's Sasha that's quite cold towards Digweed. Digweed sounded slightly nonplussed by it in an interview I read, and said he'd be open to working with Mr Coe again.

Posted by Sushipunk on Jan-20-2016 22:55:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Pretty sure they played together up until 2009, but by all accounts they have fallen out. Although from the soundbites I've heard it's Sasha that's quite cold towards Digweed. Digweed sounded slightly nonplussed by it in an interview I read, and said he'd be open to working with Mr Coe again.

Any idea what they fell out over?

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jan-20-2016 23:08:

None. I can't find the interview in question either, it's been buried under the Google landslide.

Posted by enydo on Jan-20-2016 23:14:

I was at the last "WMC Sunset Cruise" boat party thing they did together before splitting up to do their own each year.

I was pretty drunk and Digweed dropped the Fanciulli remix of Saints & Sinners - Pushin' Too Hard and I'm pretty sure I screamed "DROP THE ORIGINALLLLLLL" and that's probably why they split.

Posted by Sushipunk on Jan-20-2016 23:19:

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
I'm pretty sure I screamed "DROP THE ORIGINALLLLLLL" and that's probably why they split.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jan-20-2016 23:27:

Having just trawled through a few interviews in a futile effort to uncover the one I'm talking about, I've remembered what a remarkably boring man John Digweed actually is. He's pretty much a one-man refutation of the idea that great artists have to be a bit crazy or idiosyncratic.

Posted by Sykonee on Jan-20-2016 23:50:

quote:
He's pretty much a one-man refutation of the idea that great artists have to be a bit crazy or idiosyncratic.

What about that period of really bad hair?

Posted by enydo on Jan-21-2016 01:51:

Oh that boat party was March of 2010, so they at least did that together that year.

Posted by Paradox Lost on Jan-21-2016 04:47:

"Sasha & Digweed reunite for upcoming tour, to the surprise and excitement of all of TA and half of RA; tens of tickets already sold in advance."

But seriously, not to cast too much of a "who cares?" shadow on the prospect of them coming together, but...yeah who cares? They share almost no musical common ground anymore, and if you find one or the other lacking in appeal these days, chances are their combined presence doesn't really add up to much more.

Posted by Lews on Jan-21-2016 14:12:

quote:
Having just trawled through a few interviews in a futile effort to uncover the one I'm talking about, I've remembered what a remarkably boring man John Digweed actually is. He's pretty much a one-man refutation of the idea that great artists have to be a bit crazy or idiosyncratic.

I don't know, Jack, he did once let his cat choose which recording to release.

Posted by Alex on Jan-21-2016 15:41:

The first time I saw Digweed it was him and Danny Howells playing at an afterhours here called Aria.

Not sure which of the two was boozing the most, but the promoters had to keep running across the street to get cases of beer for both of them. We're talking like 40 - 50 beers here that the two were downing solo.

First time I saw Sasha was at the same place and it was July (30+ degrees outside) and Sasha was fucked on god knows what and must have lost 5 pounds from the sweat coming out of him. Not to mention the 3 packs of cigarettes he obliterated throughout a 5 hour set.

Every time I saw these guys either together or solo there were some funny shenanigans.

Posted by enydo on Jan-21-2016 15:41:

Yeah and that Boston, Axis set was crazy good.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Jan-21-2016 17:18:

i think it was digweed not wanting anything to do with sasha..
i recall seeing posts of sasha complimenting some of digweeds tracks on bedrock. i think they've got some part of their friendship together, one of them posted a picture of them having a dinner together. I don't think thats enough for them to play together though, but with the crowd deep dish draws and the buzz around them when they reunited may be something they could've considered or spoke about it.

side note; when most artists talk they speak about sasha and not diggers... personally when I've see them solo its digweed who's in top form

Posted by enydo on Jan-21-2016 19:17:

Maybe they're both just so deaf at this point they can't tell how piss-boring the music they generally play is.

Posted by david.sound on Jan-22-2016 08:57:

Looking at their schedules on RA, it's very possible that Sasha will play Sunday with Digweed for Coachella or vice versa on Friday, or maybe they'll play together in the Heineken tent.

Posted by raver31 on Jan-23-2016 07:39:

I wish they would release any of the upcoming sets mentioned here. They always hoard them.

Posted by klappa on Jan-23-2016 08:35:

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Maybe they're both just so deaf at this point they can't tell how piss-boring the music they generally play is.

This is what i was going to write. Really who listens on them anyway in this day and age? Last good sets they had were around 2006-2008. Their heydays were in the nineties. I can't thank them enough for how much they have brought me in the world of electronic music. I still from time to time listen to their older compilations, mixes and what not.

I have nothing against them personally or anything like that but their music choices has been out of touch for at least a decade.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jan-23-2016 10:28:

quote:
Originally posted by dj christian
their music choices has been out of touch for at least a decade.

Complete bullshit.

Posted by MSZ on Jan-23-2016 11:32:

quote:
Originally posted by dj christian
Really who listens on them anyway in this day and age?

A metric tonne more people than people who post jaded remarks on Tranceaddict. Im no fanboy btw, just calling it as it is.

Posted by Lews on Jan-23-2016 12:39:

Sasha played an 8 hour NYE event in Brixton last month that sold out and was filled to capacity (~2000 people), so I'd say a few people still listen to them.

And looking at tracklists of both of them from the last year, I'd say their music choices are pretty in-touch.

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »