TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »

Posted by srussell0018 on May-02-2012 22:49:

A non-stop action movie based around giant robots and explosions should not be thoroughly examined and analyzed, because after all of that time you've wasted, you'll see that it is nothing more than an action movie meant to hold Americans' 5 minute attention spans with explosions and loud noises at every possible juncture.

If you're going to say Transformers is culturally important, then you have to say every successful blockbuster action movie of every summer is culturally important. And they're not.

Posted by EddieZilker on May-02-2012 22:49:

quote:
Originally posted by GoSpeedGo!
This is a pretty bad answer to what I've just written.

What do you expect from someone who watched them all to the end?

I'm kidding.

Posted by GoSpeedGo! on May-02-2012 23:21:

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
A non-stop action movie based around giant robots and explosions should not be thoroughly examined and analyzed, because after all of that time you've wasted, you'll see that it is nothing more than an action movie meant to hold Americans' 5 minute attention spans with explosions and loud noises at every possible juncture.

If you're going to say Transformers is culturally important, then you have to say every successful blockbuster action movie of every summer is culturally important. And they're not.

Again, you're not addressing the points I made, you're just going LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU with fingers in your ears.

Robots are not just robots. They are personified ideas.

And yes, blockbusters are culturally important just by virtue of their massive audience.

Posted by WittyHandle on May-03-2012 03:32:

quote:
Originally posted by ShabbaRANNx
Oh great, you're mixing back to the future with star trek references.

You do fucking realise you're on an EDM forum where people actually *might* just know what the fuck they are talking about before instead of just vomit-posting some BS about "EQ"?

Or was all the intelligence used up when selecting an screen name? Oh, obviously not.

Again, it's the whole point - he's not the same person. You may not like it, but it's all on purpose.

Woosh. Your posts always sound like you're coming down from massive coke benders. Either that or you're an angst ridden perma-teen NIN groupie who can't accept that Trent has moved on and actually enjoys a nice cozy night in with a bottle of wine and a Jennifer Aniston rom-com.

My screen name is very intentionally inane. Yours isn't. You lose.

No one is implying he is the same as Bruce as he is as Batman. I'm saying he sounds ridiculous. Just because he has to have a different voice, that doesn't mean he has to have THAT one. There are lots of other options available that they could have gone with.

There are several bags of dicks out in the hall. Better get to work, they ain't gonna eat themselves.

Posted by Blue Neptune on May-03-2012 04:17:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

Finally, it's not a trilogy

Yes it is. They are rebooting the series after TDKR. Bale and Nolan will never do another Batman movie again. Which is great because I really wanna see Nolan's Howard Hughes movie or stuff like Memento.

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 05:14:

quote:
Again, you're not addressing the points I made, you're just going LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU with fingers in your ears.

Robots are not just robots. They are personified ideas.

And yes, blockbusters are culturally important just by virtue of their massive audience.

I'm not addressing your points because they're stupid points. I've seen you in the movie recommendations thread, and you're just as much of a moron there. You try to find meaning in every little detail of every movie, when sometimes there just isn't any. They're fucking robots that blow shit up. That's the movie. The end.

Posted by GoSpeedGo! on May-03-2012 06:17:

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
I'm not addressing your points because they're stupid points. I've seen you in the movie recommendations thread, and you're just as much of a moron there. You try to find meaning in every little detail of every movie, when sometimes there just isn't any. They're fucking robots that blow shit up. That's the movie. The end.

I'm not talking about details, you nitwit. I'm talking about characters from the movie.

This one is so obvious that even the critics on RT noticed it. These aren't just robots, they are racial stereotypes, caricatures used as comic relief. Listen to how they talk. They represent something.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on May-03-2012 06:24:

quote:
They represent something.

That doesn't make them relevant, meaningful, or worthy of some abstract analysis for that matter.

Posted by Meat187 on May-03-2012 06:47:

What a great troll!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on May-03-2012 07:41:

quote:
Transformers are actually the most ideological films of the last decade,

close to the stupidest things i've ever read on ta. which is quite an achievement.

Posted by DJ RANN on May-03-2012 17:01:

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
Woosh. Your posts always sound like you're coming down from massive coke benders. Either that or you're an angst ridden perma-teen NIN groupie who can't accept that Trent has moved on and actually enjoys a nice cozy night in with a bottle of wine and a Jennifer Aniston rom-com.

My screen name is very intentionally inane. Yours isn't. You lose.

No one is implying he is the same as Bruce as he is as Batman. I'm saying he sounds ridiculous. Just because he has to have a different voice, that doesn't mean he has to have THAT one. There are lots of other options available that they could have gone with.

There are several bags of dicks out in the hall. Better get to work, they ain't gonna eat themselves.

Nah, I just seems like I'm coming down from something because I'm that far above you And the screen name is a temp that took less than 5 seconds to think up from when I was mistakenly banned, so unlike your intentionally ironic name that you actually had to think about, mine is the exact opposite.

Oh and by the way, never liked any of that goth rubbish such as NIN, but I have actually worked on recent Reznor film projects, kind of perfect that you mention him.

See unlike you, I actually have a fucking clue what I'm talking about, as I work in the film industry on a lot of the films mentioned in this very thread (yes, bitches, I have a credits for the films we're talking about in this thread).

I think I can safely say, those dicks you speak of have your name on them.

@Blue Neptune - you can qualify it all you want, I never specified anything about nolan or bale working together. It's just not the last Batman project you'll see

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 17:10:

Unless you tell your real name and show the "credits" you received, your word means absolutely fuckall.

I directed The Dark Knight and I know for a fact that you didn't work for me.

Posted by WittyHandle on May-03-2012 17:52:

quote:
the screen name is a temp that took less than 5 seconds to think up from when I was mistakenly banned, so unlike your intentionally ironic name that you actually had to think about, mine is the exact opposite.

My insults have always been directed at your DJ moniker. Mine is just a paraphrase of "FunnyName", my favorite handle ever that I saw somewhere years ago.

quote:
See unlike you, I actually have a fucking clue what I'm talking about, as I work in the film industry on a lot of the films mentioned in this very thread (yes, bitches, I have a credits for the films we're talking about in this thread).

I actually don't doubt that you do work in the film industry. It does sound like you know what you're talking about. But the whole point here (again) is that his voice as Batman sounds stupid. More so in Dark Knight than Begins, and they need to step it back. I don't care if you stuck your fist up your bum and recorded the lines yourself, it is the only part that sticks out about the film that I don't like.

quote:
I think I can safely say, those dicks you speak of have your name on them.

So you're going to go with "I know you are but what am I"?

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-03-2012 17:55:

i can vouch for Rann. He has shared intimate knowledge albeit in private that only someone in the know would know. Things that are not written anywhere. Things you hear from others that worked on it or know a key person that did and he has been consistent which someone that is full of shit has a hard time doing.He has worked with the biggest names, his name is listed on those projects if you know where to look and you could find out in 2 seconds by what people know and how they say it whether they are full of shit. And the reason many of us are anonymous is a matter of practicality and the reality that sometimes, we say stupid shit and unless i have a publicist going over everything i type. i , along with Rann are not going to risk a career which has taken years to get going and fuck it up over something posted taken out of context.

you would be surprised by the people that might be on your forum. Most artists , producers filmmakers are all on these forums. They are just like everyone else. And many of them work so much, and tend to blow of steam in ways that won't get their careers compromised which tend to manifest itself on the internet.

Any publicist will tell you that writing as yourself without having someone proofing it is a fucking disaster waiting to happen. You don't do it.

Posting on an EDM board does not mean you only listen to trance. I happen to have a masters in composition from Juilliard. I work in the same industry. I like to know what everyone is doing which includes EDM. Not all of us are retarded djs that can't do anything else except bitch about dubstep and recant tales of when things were better when PLUR rained and getting fucked by a fanny bandit wearing orange pants didn't make you gay.

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 18:11:

Christian Bale is my uncle.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-03-2012 18:21:

you won't find 1 person in the production forum that will say otherwise. I get it that this place is your turf and being an idiot or upstaged by people who have more to their credentials than trance forum cool guy is hard to take but trust me, your TA rep you seem to take so seriously is not something i want to mess with. Having said that, i don't see why you have to be such a fucking bitch when you are wrong. You are playing that highschoool kid narritive. The one where you got caught masturbating to Shrek , 2 no less, and when the news comes out. you can't bow out, you have to convince the fucking entire school that the movie was Aladdin because Jasmine, despite being a muslim has a tight vagina. I guess my point is that you are an idiot, any retort will only classify the type of idiot. Basically, you are just clarifying where you stand on the idiot spectrum. Your idiot index.

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 18:26:

I hope English isn't your native language. Did they not teach you grammar when you were getting your Masters at Juilliard?

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-03-2012 18:30:

why so ?

Are you going to get all Shin Fein on my ass ? Please understand that when i post, or read your posts. you are getting about 10% of my attention. To your credit, i a bit more than i would give say trying to crush an ant i feel is eyeing my kitchen. I am not looking at the screen or my keyboard.

any errors you find can be attributed to not giving a fuck and my use of post modern aesthetic. But lets be honest, attacking grammar and spelling is literally the internet version of a suicide bomb. You have nothing in your deck.

Posted by GoSpeedGo! on May-03-2012 18:33:

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
That doesn't make them relevant, meaningful, or worthy of some abstract analysis for that matter.

The film is full of hateful ideology, millions people watch it and a lot of them probably think it's ok/funny/enjoyable. If you don't think it is worthy of a closer look then I don't know what to tell you.

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 18:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
Are you going to get all Shin Fein on my ass ? Please understand that when i post, or read your posts. you are getting about 10% of my attention. To your credit, i a bit more than i would give say trying to crush an ant i feel is eyeing my kitchen. I am not looking at the screen or my keyboard.

any errors you find can be attributed to not giving a fuck and my use of post modern aesthetic. But lets be honest, attacking grammar and spelling is literally the internet version of a suicide bomb. You have nothing in your deck.

Either that, or you're just not very intelligent.

It's not really a matter of finding errors, but rather trying to decipher your tenuous grasp of proper conventions of the language. So I admit, it does take more than 10% of my attention to try and figure out what you're trying to say with your elementary writing level.

I do admit, however, it is enviable that you are on a plain of existence high enough to where you can use a computer without looking at the screen.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on May-03-2012 18:48:

guys srsly pls take me srs i am a srs profesionla and work close in the industyr why cant you take me srs when i 10% effort

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 18:52:

its just post modern aesthetics man. you wouldn't understand. he's above us

**This post was typed with my feet while blindfolded and unconscious**

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-03-2012 19:03:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
guys srsly pls take me srs i am a srs profesionla and work close in the industyr why cant you take me srs when i 10% effort

do you work as hard on your dark brooding i wish i was a member of New Order but mist the trend by a few decades as you do on your little internet twitticisms. Perhaps you could illustrate your individualism by getting off my dick ?

Posted by srussell0018 on May-03-2012 19:07:

missed*

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-03-2012 19:09:

fuck that stings.

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »