TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Production Studio
-- Opportunity for the right person....

Posted by studiobob on Apr-11-2012 12:43:

Opportunity for the right person....

Afternoon all

I'm looking for a producer in the Manchester or north west area (UK) to hire/rent some time at our studio. We have free time from May onwards in the evenings from 7pm til late mon-friday and would like to hire this out on a monthly regular basis.

You will have full use of all the studio gear - fully treated control room and 2 live rooms, £5000 Quested monitoring system with Apogee and Lynx conversion. We use Cubase 6 on the mac but you could easily bring your own laptop to plug in and go. Or we could install your own DAW on the mac if you wished.

We will teach where neccessary to show you how everything works, power/routing/patchbays etc and you will effectively be left to your own devices to work as late as you like, with no worries from neighbours as the studio is fully soundproof.

All for £200 a month inclusive of bills (electric, insurance, water etc) - although this is open to negotiate if you wanted less time - 1 night a week for example.

I currently split the time with Tim G of Bigtone Recordings- we both run our own websites but share the same space as we cater for different things. have a look round both sites to give you an indication of the studio and its potential for making fantastic music.

My site - www.hinotestudios.co.uk

Tim G - http://www.bigtonerecordings.co.uk/

As well as all the evening time you want there will be opportunities to assist on big recording projects and get involved with the running of the studio on a regular basis during the day and at weekends.

Any interested parties please email me at info at hinotestudios.co.uk.

cheers

Iain

Posted by aquila on Apr-11-2012 14:16:

Not a bad studio. However I feel sad that you have to rent it out for such a low price. Are things really going that slowly over there?

Posted by studiobob on Apr-11-2012 14:51:

Things are going ok to be fair. Just want to utilise some studio downtime really...

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Apr-11-2012 15:09:

great deal for any band.

Posted by tehlord on Apr-11-2012 15:50:

Yup, I would easily have paid £200 per month for those resources when I was started out.

Posted by DJ RANN on Apr-11-2012 19:18:

Fuck that is a great deal. If I lived in the north of the shire, I would jump on that.

Posted by studiobob on Apr-12-2012 11:23:

rather oddly i've not had a massive amount of interest in this... only had 2 email enquiries and thats from being posted on several other lively message boards as well.

If i saw this 5 years ago i'd have jumped at the chance!

Posted by tehlord on Apr-12-2012 11:32:

quote:
Originally posted by studiobob
rather oddly i've not had a massive amount of interest in this... only had 2 email enquiries and thats from being posted on several other lively message boards as well.

If i saw this 5 years ago i'd have jumped at the chance!

Most people that need to learn the skills you're offering to impart probably believe it should be offered as a free download.

Posted by aquila on Apr-12-2012 11:45:

quote:
Originally posted by studiobob

Well the thing with message boards is that you're advertising on a worldwide scale, rendering the odds of finding an interested party in your locale very small.

Also consider that most amateur, enthusiast and pro producers nowadays either have their own setups now or are happy to work in a self-contained DAW environment.

However having said that, if I was in Manchester (I'm in Australia btw), I'd take up your offer just for the experience...unless of course you'd be willing to subsidise my travel and accommodation expenses

Posted by Richard Butler on Apr-12-2012 12:17:

Each month Future Music do a spot on a studio, quite often a brand new one and I keep thinkng there must be decent demand for studios, otherwise why are these people building and stocking them with £100k worth of kit?

Some of the new ones have various big rooms and all and I just cant help wondering whether these folk manage to make a profit.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Apr-13-2012 08:16:

lol really ?

they are all weekend warriors spending their coin on what they wish they could do. It is the equivalent of buying a corvet. Small penis / not very cool syndrome