tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Music Discussion
-- Users whose musical taste you respect
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Posted by Mr Game+Watch on Aug-04-2008 18:50:

quote:
Originally posted by nefardec
so in other words you only respect people who have the same musical taste as you? lol

Not necessarily, but since the people I mentioned do have similar tastes, I tend to notice the type of songs they listen to more..

Posted by Gravgon on Aug-04-2008 19:28:

Floorfiller and Clovis

Posted by LoveHate on Aug-05-2008 02:47:

always random people i agree on with a track...

Posted by Mr Game+Watch on Aug-05-2008 14:49:

Other people I can think of off the top of my head. Including some people with different tastes than me :P

RJT
Beat Blog
Darin Epsilon
PETRAN
Wotyzoid
Nefardec
Sykonee (also has great taste in games if his avatar is anything to go by!)
SYSTEM-J
Myra Romano

Posted by Mattsanity. on Dec-24-2011 23:58:

djdk
dj christian

Posted by meriter on Dec-25-2011 00:08:

DJ RYAN™

Posted by lacksesepsotygh on Dec-25-2011 20:19:

montana, for introducing me to bobby womack, sune sumpen borg, roman flügel, she can - saltwater and bbq - seven days and one week

Posted by Chimney on Dec-25-2011 23:02:

System-J - For being a generally awesome guy, guiding me and my stupid questions through the vast seas of early progressive and epic house, for all the suggestions, music tips, links, explanation and for introducing me in the first place to epic-house through his mixes.

nefardec - For answering all my (spaming)-questions about techno, for taking the time to explain to me the development of the genre from the early days to today, and giving me a general view of EDM as a whole.

Woonyxoxo - My techno-comrade, having almost identical taste when it comes to techno. Has given me plenty of good recommendations regaring EPs, labels, compilations et cetera.

lacksesepsotygh - Honorary mention for having the sickest vinyl collection I've ever seen.

Posted by Echo of Silence on Dec-25-2011 23:02:

The people who have turned me on to most of my favourite music, favourite artists from spotify, last.fm, radio, TA top ten lists through the years are in no special order, Mikael (Lacksesepsotygh), Ian, Gibbos, Meg (sisterbliss on TA), Petri (auranaut on last.fm, Ory on TA), Jan Henrik (Sand Leaper), Tony (Montana), Disco Boomer (Boomer186), and Dom (Streaker), Karim (nrg2something), Snooper (or is it Scooper?), Andrey (whiskers), Jyri (grimreaper), and Simon (Wicked Neo), back in the day.

Nowadays, I think CD (Joss Weatherby) has the most influence, I suppose because he's the only one who still talks to me, regularly.

But then I think also of all the sets I grab from the DJ forum and how many times I find great stuff in those sets and this list is much harder to put together... RJT, djdk, Sykonee, System J, David.Michael, Avana, rebel9, Zip, and Jay.

Meh, whenever you make a list like this you remember 10 people who were more important than any of the names you typed as soon as you submit.

Posted by Bierheld on Dec-26-2011 00:48:

Hmm. The thing is, almost everyone here is interested in discussing and sharing a wide range music, which is respectable enough for me. The ones who blindly follow some DJ or genre garner none.

As for the people i can identify the most with: Pozz, Montana, Teez, Nukleuz and Sykonee spring to mind. Based on what i've seen and heard from them.

Posted by [N]űk|ęű[Z] on Dec-26-2011 01:04:

quote:
Originally posted by Bierheld
Nukleuz

Posted by Bierheld on Dec-26-2011 01:14:

Aye. You're deeply entrenched in the world of noise and distortion, and are one of the few here who actually mix the stuff. All props are well deserved.

Posted by Yohan on Dec-26-2011 22:56:

quote:
Originally posted by Echo of Silence
The people who have turned me on to most of my favourite music, favourite artists from spotify, last.fm, radio, TA top ten lists through the years are in no special order, Mikael (Lacksesepsotygh), Ian, Gibbos, Meg (sisterbliss on TA), Petri (auranaut on last.fm, Ory on TA), Jan Henrik (Sand Leaper), Tony (Montana), Disco Boomer (Boomer186), and Dom (Streaker), Karim (nrg2something), Snooper (or is it Scooper?), Andrey (whiskers), Jyri (grimreaper), and Simon (Wicked Neo), back in the day.

Nowadays, I think CD (Joss Weatherby) has the most influence, I suppose because he's the only one who still talks to me, regularly.

But then I think also of all the sets I grab from the DJ forum and how many times I find great stuff in those sets and this list is much harder to put together... RJT, djdk, Sykonee, System J, David.Michael, Avana, rebel9, Zip, and Jay.

Meh, whenever you make a list like this you remember 10 people who were more important than any of the names you typed as soon as you submit.
nobody talks to you because you're rarely online

Posted by orTofřnChiLd on Dec-27-2011 08:54:

system j

Posted by Taipan on Dec-27-2011 10:31:

bas

Posted by [N]űk|ęű[Z] on Dec-28-2011 01:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Bierheld
Aye. You're deeply entrenched in the world of noise and distortion, and are one of the few here who actually mix the stuff. All props are well deserved.

ah well thanks man i really need to get some more mixes done soon, but im having a few soundcard problems of late that i need to get sorted. then im right back on it

Posted by zyklon-jay on Dec-28-2011 01:59:

weed headband.

Posted by mishu.edm on Dec-28-2011 23:28:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
I don't really follow what anyone else listens to

+2

Posted by Mattsanity. on May-09-2012 21:32:

I was really bored. This is a list of users who I think are "holding it down" for each genre:

hard trance - djdarroo
trance - Trance-MB
tribal house - kotsy
uk garage - Mr Game+Watch
drum n bass - Ian
tech house - zyklon-jay
tech trance - ziptnf
1990's progressive house - SYSTEM-J
2000's progressive house - MSZ
progressive trance - Cobalt
ambient - Megadansky
nubreaks - djdk
deep house - yonny
IDM - Adam420
dub techno - Mark Anthony
eurodance - Meat187
disco - RJT
electro house - jbutter

Posted by paulversuspaul on May-09-2012 21:44:

Random question, does grimreaper still post here? I used to lurk the boards back in the day to keep up on the latest in trance etc. and i second whoever called him a walking discogs.

Posted by stewart.m on May-09-2012 23:12:

system-j

Posted by fredjan on May-10-2012 00:05:

System-J and Titanium

Posted by MSZ on May-10-2012 00:58:

El freak or Avana prolly.

Posted by dj christian on May-10-2012 01:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Taipan
bas

bas is the man!

Posted by enydo on May-10-2012 02:25: