tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

Posted by Jay Leno on Jan-04-2011 20:44:

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
This is probably the most excited I've been about this golf game in 5 years. To actually have The Masters and Augusta Golf Course on the game is unbelievable. I don't think I can wait till March.

+1

Very exciting news!

Posted by jchung52 on Jan-04-2011 20:53:

Oh fuck ya. Def gonna load it onto my office computer to kill time

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-21-2011 01:51:

I think Weir is done for...he has played like crap for the first two rounds of The Bob Hope Classis....a tournament he has always done good at and has won. He is lucky that he has a Past Winner exemption for this year. Next year he will be fighting it out at Q school

Posted by jchung52 on Jan-21-2011 02:14:

quote:
I think Weir is done for...he has played like crap for the first two rounds of The Bob Hope Classis....a tournament he has always done good at and has won. He is lucky that he has a Past Winner exemption for this year. Next year he will be fighting it out at Q school

In his defense it is hard to come back from an injury. IMO its all a mental issue to him. He has a lot of pressure from Canadian fans for him to repeat 2003. He knows he can play a lot better so some shots are over thought. Not sure what it will take... but he def needs to rethink his strategy. Being too selective on which tournaments to play to "better prepare" is clearly not working. He just needs to find his rhythm and a consistent groove. Don't take 2-3 weeks off between tournaments.. by the next tourney, you won't know which way your misses are going

PS

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-21-2011 17:16:

I agree its hard to come back from an injury but he lost his game well before the injury. It is almost entirely a mental issue. Just look at his putting....he is missing simple 4-5 footers that he use to drill into the back of the hole.

Ever since he won the Masters he has been very selective with which tournaments he plays and I agree that he needs to rethink this strategy. He needs to be out there week in and week out until he figures out his game.

I still think he is done for. At +40 years of age its hard to compete with the younger golfers and in this era of big ball hitters Weir is at an even bigger disadvantage. He has never been a long ball hitter and has relied on his ability to hit fairways and greens. He has lost his confidence in doing that and I don't think its something he will get back quickly. He has been working on a new swing for two years now.

I love that fly by video of Augusta....I am so hyped for this to come out.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-21-2011 20:17:

quote:
Harrington disqualified after viewer e-mails rules violation
text size
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Padraig Harrington was not a happy camper while answering questions about his disqualification on Friday.
Kinnaird/Getty Images
Padraig Harrington was not a happy camper while answering questions about his disqualification on Friday.
Email This Story Print This Story RSS
Jan. 21, 2011

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- Three-time major winner Padraig Harrington was disqualified before the second round of the Abu Dhabi Championship after the Irishman was judged to have illegally moved his ball during Thursday's first round.

European Tour senior referee Andy McFee said Friday that a viewer e-mailed to say Harrington replaced his ball on the green and, as he took the coin away, his hand moved the ball. Since the ball was not replaced, Harrington incurred a two stroke penalty not reflected on his scorecard.
Debate
Do the Rules of Golf need to be changed?

"The problem is that Padraig's card for the seventh shows a three, and the fact that Padraig was totally unaware that this ball has moved doesn't unfortunately help him," McFee said. "The disqualification is for signing for the wrong score, lower than actually taken."

He finished with a 7-under 65 and was one shot behind leader Charl Schwartzel.

"You know what? A lot worse things could happen. You could be five ahead going into the last round," Harrington said jokingly. "It's an awkward situation. Every time something like this happens, you want to try and gain something from it, learn something from it."

In May 2000 at the Benson and Hedges International, Harrington led by five shots after three rounds but had failed to sign his first-round card and was disqualified on Sunday morning.

Harrington acknowledged that he touched the ball but felt it hadn't moved.

"I'm well aware of the ruling on that situation, and it's happened many times over the years," he said. "You know, I'm quite comfortable, if you touch a ball and it doesn't move and you feel it hasn't moved, it hasn't moved, and you don't need to -- there is no replacing.

"If you called the referee at that moment in time," he added, "in all good conscience, I couldn't have put the ball anywhere else but where it was."

Harrington's disqualification is only the most recent to be caused by a viewer.

Earlier this month, Camilo Villegas was disqualified for a rules violation that a television viewer called in after the opening round of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions in Hawaii.

Villegas was chipping up the slope to the 15th green when the ball twice rolled back toward him. The second time, Villegas walked over and casually swatted away some loose pieces of grass in front of the divot as the ball was still moving down the slope.

That is a violation of Rule 23-1 that says, "When a ball is in motion, a loose impediment that might influence the movement of the ball must not be removed." The penalty is two shots. Villegas opened with a 72, and he also was disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard.

"The rules are good, we abide very well, the players love the fact that we apply them," Harrington said. "We love the standard that we play by. When we have to stick to that, that's the best thing about our game."

Harrington did acknowledge that the European Tour might consider modifying the penalty so a player was not disqualified after he "has signed his card and something has come forward that the player could not have been aware about."

"I'm comfortable with the whole idea that there's people there watching, and I believe when I'm on the golf course I'm not going to do anything untoward," Harrington said. "I hope that this many people watch The European Tour. I hope there's 100 million people watching me play and checking me out. It's good for the game."

So my question is...should the PGA allow fans watching on TV to e-mail or call in about rules violations?

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-30-2011 20:08:

poor poor weir

Daly did well for two rounds....his weekend has been shit though. Looks like Mickelson is on track

Posted by Pett on Jan-31-2011 05:43:

quote:
Looks like Mickelson is on track

Thought he was gonna take it at the end there.
That Vegas guy choked big time. Hes def no tiger! Although i noticed the cameras seemed to follow him around as if he was.

Posted by Make Me Egg on Jan-31-2011 12:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Pett
That Vegas guy choked big time. Hes def no tiger! Although i noticed the cameras seemed to follow him around as if he was.

The cameras were following him because he was one shot off the lead in the final pairing with Phil Mickelson. The guy is a rookie and just came off a tournament win the week before. He is a very good player and has a good future ahead of him. If anyone choked it was Phil. He should have waited for Bubba to putt out to determine if he should go for the green on his second shot on the 18th.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jan-31-2011 14:15:

quote:
Originally posted by Pett

At least he was in the hunt. I was watching the pre-network coverage on Golf Channel and all you saw was tiger.

Tiger has always finished in the top 10 in this tournament and this year he finished 44th. Tiger has lots of work to do if he wants to get back on top.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Feb-13-2011 17:17:

Is it safe to say that Mike Weir is done? Time to rest up for the champions tour

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-04-2011 19:17:

Wow Weir....with the way he is playing he will be lucky if an sponsor wants him at their tournament. At least he will be able to play in the Masters and Canadian Open every year.

Posted by jchung52 on Mar-04-2011 20:35:

Pathetic.. 29 percent fairways 22% greens... 85 brutal. Enough penalty strokes

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-04-2011 21:41:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
Pathetic.. 29 percent fairways 22% greens... 85 brutal. Enough penalty strokes

Especially pathetic when he knows what was at stake. He has either completely lost his game or he just doesn't really care anymore.

Posted by Euphorica on Mar-04-2011 22:56:

almost time to bust out the clubs

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-04-2011 22:59:

quote:
Originally posted by Euphorica
almost time to bust out the clubs

I've been swinging the clubs for weeks now....can't wait to hit the courses.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-22-2011 02:08:

quote:
Tiger Woods Girlfriend: Tiger Woods Has A New Girlfriend?
By Geoff Smith on March 21st, 2011

Although he still may be struggling to find his stroke on the links, Tiger Woods might be hitting his stride in the dating world.

Click here to see some of Tigerís many mistresses

According to the Daily Mail, Woods has been seen running around Florida with a 22-year-old college student and amateur golfer.

advertisement

The girl, named Alyse Lahti Johnston, is purportedly a student at Northwood University, an Ohio-based university with a satellite campus in Florida.

The two have reportedly been seeing each other for a few months, and have been spotted on Woodsí yacht.

Click here for photos of Tigerís ex-wife

Johnstonís stepfather, Alastair Johnston, is a member of the board at IMG, a sports agency group that Woods is represented by.

Woods and Johnston met when Johnston decided to hire a coach to help her prepare for the LPGA tour. It was this coach that introduced the two.

The potential seriousness of the relationship is in question, however, as RadarOnline reported that Johnston has texted a close friend of hers and said that Johnston is just enjoying the fun.

Seriously....22 years old.

I don't know if its a good idea to date the step-daughter of a member of the board for the sports agency that represents you.

Posted by LiveTime on Mar-22-2011 02:58:

Anyone on here have a Clublink membership?

I just got one out of a new club they just bought in Hamilton called "Glendale"

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-22-2011 02:59:

quote:
Originally posted by LiveTime

I wanted to get a clublink membership but I just can't get out golfing enough in a season to justify it....I'll make up for it when I retire

Posted by LiveTime on Mar-22-2011 03:07:

i got a really good deal cuz they just bought a new course in hamilton, and when they do this they put on huge sales.

too bad tho on your part, milton has some amazing courses in the area. one day one day

Posted by cammaxwell on Mar-22-2011 21:27:

quote:
Originally posted by LiveTime

I was going to look into one, been golfing a couple times in the last few months and it's rekindled my love for it (I hadn't played once in 2-3 years).

What kinda deal did you get?

Posted by cammaxwell on Mar-22-2011 21:30:

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52

Damn, that's going to be wicked! It's funny, I actually played Pebble Beach a couple weeks ago and I was surprised at how well I remembered the course just from played Tiger Woods Golf. It was a pretty cool feeling! (Although playing that course in general is a pretty good feeling!!!)

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-24-2011 14:23:

quote:
PGA MAY ALTER FORMAT, WITH Q-SCHOOL FOR DEVELOPMENTAL TOUR

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The PGA Tour is considering a change to the end of its season in which players who don't make the FedEx Cup playoffs would compete for their cards in a series of tournaments against top Nationwide Tour players.

PGA Tour spokesman Ty Votaw says the policy board has given preliminary approval, although a number of steps remain. The tour informed the players by memo Monday.

Another change being contemplated is Q-school at the end of the year providing access only to the Nationwide Tour.

The Nationwide Tour is looking for an umbrella sponsor of the developmental circuit. Nationwide's contract expires after 2012.

The first thing they need to change is the FedEx Cup Point system.
Points should be awarded for your position at the end of each round plus points for things like fairways hit, birdies, eagles, greens in regulation, etc

Posted by Jay Leno on Apr-09-2011 00:04:

There was some great golfed played today at the Masters.

Jason Day shot a bogey free, -8 round while Tiger went -7 in his last 11 holes. Amazing!

Should be an interesting weekend!

Poor Weir...finishing 2nd last.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Apr-10-2011 03:52:

I enjoyed the golf today....I don't see Rory giving up the lead now.

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »