tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa
-- TA Fantasy League!
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »

Posted by chris harrington on May-17-2010 23:47:

TA Fantasy League!

Lets get this going!

You cant pick you squad until June 4th (obviously since the final squads arent announced until then) but you can get all set up and ready to go! So lets get this started

Or if you dont have an account register here and then go to the above link and log in: http://www.fifa.com/theclub/registr...tml?fn=&ln=&em=

Once you have it all set up join the TA league!

The Trance Addict League Code is: 17382-21951

Also post your team name so we know who is who (i will keep this post updated)

Teams:

chris harrington = Three Lions United
Renzo = Ole Ole Ole
SYSTEM-J = S-JFC
Simon_N = The Somalian Pirates
Remy D = Oranje Heineken Goal
Chesco = the tallyban
noikeee = FC Dor de Burro
ian = imgonnabeatvern&bas
JorisC = The French Frogs Fag
Txebe = Los Pagafantas
gehzumteufel = Nigga Stole My Bike

Posted by Renzo on May-19-2010 05:02:

Joined.

Ole ole ole.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-19-2010 11:41:

Joined. It's pretty obvious.

Posted by Simon_N on May-19-2010 13:32:

I'm in. Should be interesting trying to predict.

Posted by Remy D on May-19-2010 14:34:

Im in

Oranje Heineken Goal

Posted by chesco on May-19-2010 22:23:

I'm in

Team name, "the tallyban"

Posted by chris harrington on May-19-2010 22:51:

Edited the first post with Team names

Posted by noikeee on May-21-2010 20:44:

Joined, bitches.

Posted by Ian on May-28-2010 08:09:

I'm in, and hoping for better this time, saying that I won't be able to make any modifications for most of the tournament so will have to select a good initial squad.

Posted by Ian on May-28-2010 08:16:

Team Manager
England imgonnabeatvern&bas ibestbeatbas

Posted by JorisC on Jun-01-2010 11:43:

Joined : team name "FFF" as federation franšaise de football (French Federation of football) or something close to that....

Posted by Txebe on Jun-03-2010 13:25:

I'm in!!

Txebe - Los Pagafantas

Posted by Ian on Jun-04-2010 17:57:

LLORIS
MAICON
SUBOTIĆ
CHIELLINI
GERRARD
J COLE
MALOUDA
XAVI
SNEIJDER
MESSI
DAVID VILLA

BANNATYNE
ESCOBER
PEPE
KJĂR
CECH
GODIN
HAMSIK
A. SONG
CHUNGYONG
ÄIGIĆ
DINDANE
OWUSU ABEYIE

Posted by noikeee on Jun-04-2010 23:17:

Pro tip: Pepe hasn't played a single game since a knee injury many months ago (will make his debut in the friendly against Mozambique next Tuesday to check out if he's really fit). You're better off without him.

Posted by Ian on Jun-05-2010 08:05:

quote:
Originally posted by noikeee
Pro tip: Pepe hasn't played a single game since a knee injury many months ago (will make his debut in the friendly against Mozambique next Tuesday to check out if he's really fit). You're better off without him.

hence why he's on my subs bench I'm not bothered about winning, just beating vern

Posted by Remy D on Jun-05-2010 10:54:

This is my team and I like it. I will only use my strikers as sub, the rest can enjoy my show.

Posted by Rebel Brown on Jun-05-2010 18:14:

I can see about 5/6 players being in almost every team out there.

Posted by gehzumteufel on Jun-06-2010 10:12:

Team name = Nigga Stole My Bike

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jun-06-2010 17:29:

I decided to spend most of my points on defence and the front line. My team will be prolific up front, solid at the back and non-existent in the middle of the park. It's inspired by the current Manchester United team.

Posted by Ian on Jun-06-2010 18:04:

tinkered a bit. I'm loading the whole first 11 as best as I can in the hope that the big scorers get in on the act. Won't be back online for 2 weeks so it's a hope that when i return i don't need to do much.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jun-06-2010 18:21:

I'm wondering if there's any point in spending so much money on my second and third keepers. I might transfer Kameni out and spend the money on a better midfielder.

Posted by Ian on Jun-06-2010 18:27:

I've not read up on how it scores but imo you could have 11 world beaters, maybe 14 if you include a good sub in each position and then fill it with hondurans, north koreans, slovaks and kiwis. In my experience, goalscoring midfielders/defenders or those with good assist ratios (hence bringing Iniesta in for Xavi who maybe isn't as advanced) make a big difference.

Posted by noikeee on Jun-06-2010 21:19:

Important things to notice about the scoring, which I've never seen in any other fantasy game: every 2 balls passed to a team-mate in the area gives 1 point, and every ball recovery gives 1 point. Watch out for that as I think that will mean a shitload of points for particular players you might not be expecting.

I've also come up with a pretty interesting strategy for keepers but I'll rather keep that to myself for now.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on Jun-06-2010 23:42:

I'm seriously over-thinking this. Already changed three players, and I'll probably change more before the tournament starts.

Posted by SPANIARD on Jun-07-2010 15:30:

I'm in.

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »