tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »

Posted by Lira on Jul-11-2012 06:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
you are Lira 2.0.

Oi!

Posted by Meat187 on Jul-11-2012 08:11:

quote:
Originally posted by LeopoldStotch
I see you have New Kids in your signature. Have you seen 'New Kids Turbo'? I saw it last year, and I have to say it's one of the most offbeat action comedies I have seen in awhile. very odd. It's something will forte tried to do with MacGruber as a SNL skit and movie, and failed.

Yeah, I have. It's a terrible movie by every standard I've ever applied to other movies, but such a guilty pleasure. I love how random and anarchistic it is. And Paul Elstak of course! Best thing is, the actors did the German dubbing themselves, so you have them speaking with this ridiculous Dutch accent, which just kills me.

Posted by Beatflux on Jul-12-2012 03:17:

quote:
Originally posted by DOOMBOT
Among many other things, I thought that the Batman Keaton portrayed was a much darker and intimidating looking Batman then the one Bale is playing. I don't blame Bale for looking ridiculous in the costume and sounding really bad while trying to mask his voice, I think that whoever made the final decision on this didn't think things through. He plays a good Bruce Wayne but a horrible Batman. It's everything around the Batman character that keeps these new Batman movies watchable.

Old batman was more comical than serious.

Nolan is smart to avoid the cheesier look of the older batmans.

Posted by Beatflux on Jul-12-2012 03:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Zharen
Been seeing more previews of it on the t.v. as of late. I'm starting to think this one won't live up to its first two predecessors. But I've already watched the both of them in the theaters so I might as well keep with the tradition.

It's been building up to this last one and it'll be ineteresting to see what batman will sacrifice to save gotham. Maybe he'll give his life(or back!), or maybe he'll pass on the batman torch to Gordan-Levetts character...

Posted by Zharen on Jul-12-2012 03:27:

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
LOL @ Looney4Clooney dropping the Juilliard bullshit in this thread too.

That's even more pathetic to lie about that in a movie thread. Fuckin' twat.

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-12-2012 03:47:

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
Old batman was more comical than serious.

Nolan is smart to avoid the cheesier look of the older batmans.

I feel the same way but in reverse. The part of the mask that opens up around Bale's mouth looks silly to me and his voice is absolutely hysterical (although that is not an aesthetic issue), among some other things. The only "issue" I would have to agree with others about in regards to when Keaton was in costume was the fact that he couldn't turn his neck but it doesn't really bother me at all and really never did until others actually pointed it out. After Batman Returns, I think the Batman costumes and movies in general were definitely cheesy.

The last two Nolan movies have been entertaining enough for me to like them, though, not to mention his interpretation of the villains are really good. I'm looking forward to Bane. Knightfall was a very good story and I'm curious to see how much, if anything, he uses from that story line for this movie.

Posted by BTG on Jul-12-2012 04:20:

quote:
The part of the mask that opens up around Bale's mouth looks silly to me

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes!

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-12-2012 04:28:

Posted by Titanium on Jul-12-2012 05:14:

Preview of the soundtrack uploaded by Zimmer's team

Posted by Beatflux on Jul-12-2012 17:47:

quote:
I feel the same way but in reverse. The part of the mask that opens up around Bale's mouth looks silly to me and his voice is absolutely hysterical (although that is not an aesthetic issue), among some other things. The only "issue" I would have to agree with others about in regards to when Keaton was in costume was the fact that he couldn't turn his neck but it doesn't really bother me at all and really never did until others actually pointed it out. After Batman Returns, I think the Batman costumes and movies in general were definitely cheesy.

The last two Nolan movies have been entertaining enough for me to like them, though, not to mention his interpretation of the villains are really good. I'm looking forward to Bane. Knightfall was a very good story and I'm curious to see how much, if anything, he uses from that story line for this movie.

The voice Bale added on makes sense in terms of what Bruce would do. 1. It better enables him to hide his identity and 2. It can intimidate lesser thugs of Gotham and 3. It works into the persona of batman versus bruce wayne.

The thing that bugs me is the bat mobile and the batpod making ridiculous sounds that it couldn't possible make.

It is funny to think batman can't turn his head.

Posted by WittyHandle on Jul-13-2012 04:32:

Functionally, a change in voice is necessary of course. It's just that the one they went with sounds silly.

Posted by Quazar on Jul-13-2012 04:44:

I liked the Bat-voice in Begins. TDK enhanced it a little too much. It will most likely be more toned down in TDKR.

Posted by GoSpeedGo! on Jul-19-2012 23:14:

This film is actually a bit of a disappointment. Some of the trademark, love/hate aspects of Nolan's storytelling (twists & turns) are not handled well.

It's literally about what would happen if Occupy Wall Street was led by Bane, but these bluntly spelled out socioeconomic tensions cease to be important at the end.

Hardy is great as Bane, Hathaway is great as Catwoman, it just doesn't work together that much.

Posted by Acton on Jul-19-2012 23:17:

quote:
Originally posted by GoSpeedGo!
This film is actually a bit of a disappointment.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I'm sure you're fully justified, I just don't want to hear it

Posted by GoSpeedGo! on Jul-19-2012 23:41:

First half is still pure Nolan goodness.

It's just that now it's even more obvious how TDK is brilliant and how Joker was so important. Begins and Rises with all their characters seem so lame when compared to that, even though they should still be considered great movies.

Posted by srussell0018 on Jul-19-2012 23:43:

quote:
Originally posted by Acton
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Posted by Lira on Jul-19-2012 23:49:

-> You know you want to click this link <-

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Jul-20-2012 01:40:

GoSpeedGo!, is this you?

Posted by Lews on Jul-20-2012 03:31:

Let me say up front that I don't think Nolan is a bad or thoroughly incompetent director, just a successfully pedestrian one. His Comic-Con fan base makes extravagant claims for each new film -- particularly since Nolan began producing his graphic-novel blockbusters with "Batman Begins" in 2005 -- but the movies are hobbled by thesis-statement screenplays that strain for significance and an ungainly directing style that seems incapable of, and uninterested in, illustrating more than one thing at a time: "Look at this. Now look at this. Now look at this. Now here's some dialogue to explain the movie's fictional rules. Now a character will tell you what he represents and what his goals are." And so on ... You won't experience the thrill of discovery while looking around in a Nolan frame. You'll see the one thing he wants you to see, but everything around it is dead space.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/...rk_knight_.html

This post totally sums up my thoughts on Nolan. Enjoyable films, but not good.

Posted by Blake on Jul-20-2012 08:46:

Just saw it. For a blockbuster it was quite well done.

Kind of on the long side though. I wanted to fall asleep at times... right now, for instance.

Posted by Sushipunk on Jul-20-2012 12:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
Just saw it. For a blockbuster it was quite well done.

Kind of on the long side though. I wanted to fall asleep at times... right now, for instance.

Oh, right now? So you're posting on your phone, while in the movie? I hate people like you

Posted by Quazar on Jul-20-2012 12:30:

I loved it. Great end to the trilogy.

Posted by Nrg2Nfinit on Jul-20-2012 14:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
I loved it. Great end to the trilogy.

end a trilogy right, but surely there will be more movies comming.

Posted by DOOMBOT on Jul-20-2012 15:02:

Not a bad movie but not a great one either. It was pretty much what I expected from Nolan. Bane was my favorite character and as expected, Batman was my least favorite. Bale plays a good Bruce Wayne but he just looks and sounds very silly in that costume. I thought the story was put together pretty well and it looked like Nolan took some ideas from past Batman comics, unless it was just coincidence.

Posted by itsamemario on Jul-20-2012 15:08:

quote:
Originally posted by Titanium
Preview of the soundtrack uploaded by Zimmer's team

Mr Zimmer sure loves his East West Storm Drums rolf

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »