tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Promoters Please Book The Following
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

Posted by Adam420 on Nov-02-2011 05:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Vanos

Why the fuck would you want to hear the same beat for 8 hours straight? Their shit all sounds the same and it's absolutely terrible. Jesus christ I wish that sound would disappear already. It was cool for like 2 minutes.

Posted by The Highroller on Nov-02-2011 12:06:

quote:
Originally posted by techno_addict

Butch
Cassy
Raresh

Yes. I would especially like to hear Cassy at Stereo. I think she would murder that room.

Posted by PivotTechno on Nov-02-2011 13:23:

Posted by Orko on Nov-02-2011 15:31:

Josh Wink. The man has bee on fire!

Posted by chris1011 on Nov-02-2011 17:07:

Josh Wink and Adam Freeland b2b? lol

Posted by loopdokter on Nov-02-2011 19:34:

Since a lot of these artists are lesser known in these part of the woods and they probably have never played in Toronto before, it's very feasible their booking fees for this territory would be considerably lower than elsewhere if they really wanted to play this part of the country.

As such, why don't a few of you join forces and bring them? Venues don't have to be large - just enough to break even. I suspect many of them are more suited to smaller venues too.

I no longer promote, but I likely can put you into contact with the correct booking agents for some of the names on this list. I might be swayed if I can found some respectable partners, however.

Being hypocritical, I'd like to add Randall Jones to this list.

Posted by FunkyCrew on Nov-02-2011 23:21:

whatever happened to Seb Fontaine?

Posted by loopdokter on Nov-03-2011 04:45:

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
whatever happened to Seb Fontaine?

Still DJing.

Posted by Takayuki on Nov-03-2011 05:41:

quote:
Originally posted by loopdokter
Since a lot of these artists are lesser known in these part of the woods and they probably have never played in Toronto before, it's very feasible their booking fees for this territory would be considerably lower than elsewhere if they really wanted to play this part of the country.

As such, why don't a few of you join forces and bring them? Venues don't have to be large - just enough to break even. I suspect many of them are more suited to smaller venues too.

I no longer promote, but I likely can put you into contact with the correct booking agents for some of the names on this list. I might be swayed if I can found some respectable partners, however.

This is exactly my thoughts on booking certain artists who have never been here. If they are lesser known in this part of the world then they do not carry the monumental fees that are associated with booking a "top 100 artist".

We need solid collaborations and promoters in order to get some fresh faces into this city so things don't stagnate.

Posted by Yohan on Nov-03-2011 05:53:

quote:
Originally posted by Takayuki
This is exactly my thoughts on booking certain artists who have never been here. If they are lesser known in this part of the world then they do not carry the monumental fees that are associated with booking a "top 100 artist".

We need solid collaborations and promoters in order to get some fresh faces into this city so things don't stagnate.
lesser known prog DJs did get booked in toronto this year. Dana Bergquist and Scope for one (though they don't really play all prog)

takes a lot of digging, and I find it that all the events in Toronto don't get posted on TOTA anymore

Posted by Takayuki on Nov-03-2011 06:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
lesser known prog DJs did get booked in toronto this year. Dana Bergquist and Scope for one (though they don't really play all prog)

takes a lot of digging, and I find it that all the events in Toronto don't get posted on TOTA anymore

From the list on the first page, none of those artists were in Toronto except for Jay Lumen.

Posted by Adam420 on Nov-03-2011 06:06:

You guys had Antix and Fiord recently

also Neil Quigley last year and also Jim Rivers no?

I wish all of them would have played in MTL as well.

Also, did 16 Bit Lolitas play in Toronto? And what about Guy J? He was here a few months ago.

From a real progressive house fan's perspective (IMO), the next few DJs that need to be brought here are Nick Warren (been too long), Eelke Kleijn (tried to work something out but not enough time), and Cid Inc (the guy destroys clubs). Looking farther ahead maybe Manuel Sofia, Ian O'Donovan, Yamil Colucci, Lank and Deepfunk. I'm also hoping Henry Saiz comes back soon (did he play in Toronto?).

Posted by Takayuki on Nov-03-2011 17:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
You guys had Antix and Fiord recently

also Neil Quigley last year and also Jim Rivers no?

I wish all of them would have played in MTL as well.

Also, did 16 Bit Lolitas play in Toronto? And what about Guy J? He was here a few months ago.

From a real progressive house fan's perspective (IMO), the next few DJs that need to be brought here are Nick Warren (been too long), Eelke Kleijn (tried to work something out but not enough time), and Cid Inc (the guy destroys clubs). Looking farther ahead maybe Manuel Sofia, Ian O'Donovan, Yamil Colucci, Lank and Deepfunk. I'm also hoping Henry Saiz comes back soon (did he play in Toronto?).

Antix and Fiord was a rare treat but I heard those nights were sub-par at best and that only half of the duo showed which is unfortunate. Not sure about Lolitas but I know they most prominently played on boat cruises. Guy J touched down in Montreal but he did not make his way over to Toronto. Henry Saiz has not played in Toronto before either. Neil Quigley and Jim Rivers played here recently but I would not classify them in the Progressive genre at all. Regardless, if we can't get big names like Warren and Cattaneo into Toronto then we need to shoot for the smaller guys who don't cost an arm, leg and a pint of blood.

Yamil Colucci, Lank, Cid Inc and Dousk would be a monster night.

If someone like Hernan has not played in Toronto since '09 then it is clear that Toronto is missing promoters in the Prog department (he was JUST here for B&B and was a big reason many people went to it). I know Shankar and affiliates are the reason why people like Antix and Fiord came into town. I really wish Symphonix would get booked since I know Shankar books talent that are more into the Prog Psy and Full-on sounds.

At the end of the day I know there is a large enough fan base to support the aforementioned artists. Whether or not people are going to make a killing off of these guys or not is another story. Promoters should be putting these events on for themselves and for the music.

Posted by FunkyCrew on Nov-03-2011 17:12:

quote:
Still DJing.

no shit Sherlock
my q was as to why they don't bring him here anymore

Posted by loopdokter on Nov-03-2011 17:13:

quote:
Promoters should be putting these events on for themselves and for the music.

It's tough to do when you can't pull the numbers. I think the market dictates the 'talent'. It's either big name DJs like Swedish House Mafia et. al dominating the more commercial end of the market, or you have smaller companies doing the whole tech thing. There seems to be very little in between unless you're 20 and into dubstep. Promoters don't take the risks they used to take simply because they can't. Toronto's promoting market has become very safe-bet.

Prog isn't really even prog anymore. A lot of those guys have moved away from those types of sounds. I'd argue even the bigger names out of the list mentioned like Warren and Cattaneo don't really play a whole lot of prog house. Sasha is playing techy house and Diggers verges on techno.

Somehow progressive house became Deadmau5 'Faxing Berlin' ripoffs. Sounds evolve and change. Prog isn't a big sound right now. In 2001, it was the sound for Toronto.

Also with the proliferation of the Internet being so great, I'd argue that we've sub-genred ourselves to death. It's so easy to have a niche now and find what you like with the click of a button. Gone are the days of going out to hear someone play a sound you've likely never heard before or want to go and see because they're a new name.

Posted by Adam420 on Nov-03-2011 17:13:

easier said than done

Posted by Silky Johnson on Nov-03-2011 17:14:

quote:

Hey man, that's odd. I was just thinking today (I don't know why) about that time I got into an argument with you and called you poopdokter (lol), and then I thought about how you haven't posted in some time. AND NOW HERE YOU ARE.

Posted by Ozmozis on Nov-03-2011 17:14:

quote:

If someone like Hernan has not played in Toronto since '09 then it is clear that Toronto is missing promoters in the Prog department (he was JUST here for B&B and was a big reason many people went to it).

At the end of the day I know there is a large enough fan base to support the aforementioned artists. Whether or not people are going to make a killing off of these guys or not is another story. Promoters should be putting these events on for themselves and for the music.

The problem when it comes to booking guys like Hernan is that there is usually politics involved and also sometimes the cost of the DJ is way too high in order to even break even. For some of us, we do this for the music, others for the money. But when a promoter can't even break even booking big names than you know something is wrong. I know you guys say the support is large, but at the end of the day not everyone comes out to support and that's the reality

Posted by MSZ on Nov-03-2011 17:23:

we need more community involvement to pave the way for the bigger guys, instead of waiting for the bigger guys to pave the way for us. we need more progressive beast artists coming from toronto that arent commercial as hell, and a solid scene build. such an insane task, but that's how it has to happen.

big respect to people like shankar.

Posted by feelgood on Nov-03-2011 18:23:

What would be the best venue for a smaller progressive artist?

Posted by Yohan on Nov-03-2011 18:34:

quote:
Originally posted by feelgood
What would be the best venue for a smaller progressive artist?

Stone Lounge. The Gallery

Posted by MSZ on Nov-03-2011 19:12:

quote:
Stone Lounge. The Gallery

when is quiglesworth coming back, any idea?

Posted by MSZ on Nov-03-2011 19:46:

Time
Saturday, December 17 at 9:30pm - December 18 at 7:00am
1735 Vine St.
Hollywood, CA
Created By
Perspectives Digital
More Info
Giant & Liquified present Avaland...

Hernan Cattaneo & Nick Warren 4 Hour B2B Set!!

★ HERNAN CATTANEO
Renaissance | Sudbeat | Perfecto | Argentina
www.hernancattaneo.com

★ NICK WARREN
Global Underground | Hope Recordings | Bedrock | UK
www.djnickwarren.com

★ DARIN EPSILON
1 of 4 Winners in John Digweed & Beatport's DJ Competition
Perspectives Digital | friskyRadio | microCastle | Armada
www.darinepsilon.com

★ LIMITED $15 PRESALES
http://bit.ly/hernan_nick_dec_17

★ AVALAND MAILING LIST
http://bit.ly/50ptpe

★ VIP / BOTTLE SERVICE
(626) 466-8302 (call or text)

www.avalonhollywood.com
www.giantclub.com
www.liquified.com

15 dollar presales, lets eat this up shall we?
mmm it tastes so good.

Posted by Yohan on Nov-03-2011 19:50:

fuck me in the goat ass. 15 bucks for Nick Warren and Hernan?

Posted by FunkyCrew on Nov-03-2011 19:56:

quote:
fuck me in the goat ass.

oh my!

Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »